TiVo Community
TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Coffee House - TiVo Discussion
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 11-20-2013, 05:31 PM   #1
SNJpage1

Tivo won't delete S2 I sold

I sold my S2 after buying a Tivo HD a few years back. I was looking at my account and it still showed it as being on my account. I had sold it with life time and told the buyer to call Tivo and create his own account. I used the Live Chat to talk to a Tivo rep and asked how to get it removed. He said they can not remove the old S2 from my account. This doesn't sound correct. Has any one gone thru the same thing?
Old 11-20-2013, 05:35 PM   #2
Dan203
Super Moderator

I went through the same thing recently with an old S3 I sold. They said they could not remove it. The best they could do was create a whole new account for me and then move the TiVos I wanted over to it.

Just FYI TiVos you sell will always show on your account, even if the new owner moves them. You can tell if that's happened by going to the DVR preference section. You'll only be able to modify the name, etc... for TiVo that are actually still on your account.
Dan203 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2013, 01:12 AM   #3
jhjones75

Or if the new person never activates it you can rename them in your account to anything you want. I have one on my account listed as "NotOurTivo" and I disabled all video services on it. They eventually transferred it after I did that, although it still shows up in my list.
jhjones75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2013, 05:52 PM   #4
Coffee

I think a lifetime service is bound to a unit as if it was a piece of hardware. In order to remove it, they'd probably need to have some place to move it to. I don't think they delete lifetime services.

The other guy probably didn't call in to transfer it to his account.
Coffee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2013, 08:57 PM   #5
dianebrat
Uncontrolled Force

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coffee View Post
The other guy probably didn't call in to transfer it to his account.
As others have stated, the machine will always be a part of your account, even after transferred, but you won't be able to manipulate anything like network transfers, etc, it's always been this way and Tivo doesn't really seem to care about fixing it, I know personally I never really though it was that big a deal, there are at least 3 old devices still referenced in my account that I haven't owned for quite a long time.
Old 11-25-2013, 05:30 PM   #6
Coffee

Quote:
Originally Posted by dianebrat View Post
As others have stated, the machine will always be a part of your account, even after transferred, but you won't be able to manipulate anything like network transfers, etc, it's always been this way and Tivo doesn't really seem to care about fixing it, I know personally I never really though it was that big a deal, there are at least 3 old devices still referenced in my account that I haven't owned for quite a long time.
I sold a DVR with lifetime and it is no longer on the account. A cancelled unit will stay, but not a lifetime unit.
Coffee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2013, 05:33 PM   #7
lessd

Quote:
Originally Posted by dianebrat View Post
The old TiVos in your account are ones that you paid for the Lifetime Service so you could look up the date and cost of those lifetime purchases on the TiVo web sight. If you purchase a lifetime TiVo from say E-Bay, move it into your TiVo account, then, sometime in the future, sell that lifetime TiVo it will go out of your account completely when moved to the new owner.

Old 11-25-2013, 05:43 PM   #8
dianebrat
Uncontrolled Force

Quote:
Originally Posted by lessd View Post
The old TiVos in your account are ones that you paid for the Lifetime Service so you could look up the date and cost of those lifetime purchases on the TiVo web sight.
Well yes, I have bought every one of them, I wasn't really referring to the 2nd and 3rd hand units, only units that you bought and had lifetime on, they're always on your account.
Old 11-26-2013, 01:34 PM   #9
mr.unnatural

I sold a lifetime series 3 a while back and I think it still shows up on my account. The buyer never contacted me to indicate he couldn't get it added to his account so I never worried about it. I haven't logged into my account for at least a year since I sold my last Tivo. Since it's a lifetime unit there are no charges being accrued so I couldn't care less if it's there or not.
mr.unnatural is offline   Reply With Quote