TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > TiVo TV Talk > Now Playing - TV Show Talk
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 11-04-2013, 05:37 PM   #1
sharkster

"Southern At Heart" Damaris' (NFNS) new show

So - has anybody else watched Damaris' new show since she won Next Food Network Star this year?

I fully admit that I am one of those who did NOT root for her and also stated that I had no interest in her show.

Then I remember thinking to myself - self, there is no need to be so close-minded. Give it a look-see and cut her some slack.

I have to say that she is doing a good job. I think it might be partly because she is not (in the least!) trying to be outrageous and uber-flirty, but she looks absolutely lovely as well.

The format isn't quite as ridiculous as it seemed during NFNS either. It's more like having a guy on who wants to make his wife/girlfriend/etc some kind of special meal and they use ideas from what she likes to create a meal. Damaris does some of the cooking on her own, then brings the guy in to do more of the cooking with her.

The intro shows the guy and a quick synopsis of his story. It's a little like Ina, with her going to the Farmer's Market or some sort of shopping for a couple of minutes and choosing some ingredients with her talking about the ingredients.

All in all, very low key and pleasant. I'm very surprised. I find it very watchable.
sharkster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2013, 06:27 PM   #2
lambertman
Not single!

What the...? I watch at least 2 1/2 hours of Food Network a week, and I had no idea this had started. Thanks for the heads-up.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
and elsewhere
Play-by-play announcer at .... let me get back to you
lambertman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2013, 04:04 PM   #3
sharkster

It's just you and me, eh?

It airs Sunday mornings at 7:30 am (on my East Coast HD FN channel feed, anyway). YMMV, but just look on Sunday mornings.

If you already liked her, you might just like her even more. If, like me, you found her rather annoying, you might be surprised at how likable she comes across. No more trying to act like anything. She is just very pleasant, cute, and entertaining.
Old 11-10-2013, 11:24 AM   #4
sushikitten
Exhausted mama

Thanks for the alert. I'll set a SP.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

sushikitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2013, 10:29 AM   #5
lambertman
Not single!

Okay, I've seen the first three. I like it well enough, although if I had my way, I'd can the Office/Modern Family talking head pieces. I don't think they add anything.

I always liked Damaris and I'm glad she's more or less still playing that same version of herself. Read elsewhere that it's already been picked up for 13 more episodes in April (beyond the 6 that are airing now).

and elsewhere
Play-by-play announcer at .... let me get back to you
lambertman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2013, 11:08 AM   #6
sharkster

I'm still watching. I think she is doing a great job of being herself without trying to punch it up, like she was doing in the competition.

Honestly, I'm surprised I'm enjoying the show because I was not in her court, at any time, during the competition. I found her profoundly annoying, although kind of sweet when she wasn't acting. But I wasn't interested.