Go Back   TiVo Community > TiVo TV Talk > Now Playing - TV Show Talk
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 11-04-2013, 10:42 AM   #1
martinp13
YHTBMABIITY

TC CLUB MEMBER
Once Upon a Time - S3E06 - "Ariel" - OAD 11/3/2013

Do WHAT? Mermaids can freely roam between worlds? Lamest deus ex machina EVAR.

In the previous episode they Pan told them to string up Neal's cage "next to the other one". My co-worker was sure it was Rumple, and I thought it was Ariel's Eric. Evidently it's neither, so who do you think it is? Who have we forgotten about that should reappear in the nick of time to help save Henry, or do you think it's a new character? Pinocchio? Mad Hatter?

What a shame Regina and Rumple weren't there at Echo Cave... that would have been fun. So, why not just send one person in to rescue Neal? The cave can't know how many in your party are waiting outside. Or for that matter, why couldn't Neal rescue himself? Another lame plot device.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Come join us October 5-12, 2014!
martinp13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2013, 02:34 PM   #2
Ereth

Quote:
Originally Posted by martinp13 View Post
Do WHAT? Mermaids can freely roam between worlds? Lamest deus ex machina EVAR.
Only one day every 1000 years. How convenient that this was the day!

Please do not "Fixed Your Post" on my posts. I find that rude and annoying. Thank you for your consideration.
Ereth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2013, 11:13 AM   #3
Fl_Gulfer
Tivo's R Us

So Regina lied to Ariel about Prince Eric ( Gil McKinney ) being in StoryBrook. since he hasn't been in another episode except this one?
DirecTV Genie
2 DirecTV HR24 HD DVR
Fl_Gulfer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2013, 11:30 AM   #4
Rob Helmerichs
I am Groot!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fl_Gulfer View Post
So Regina lied to Ariel about Prince Eric ( Gil McKinney ) being in StoryBrook. since he hasn't been in another episode except this one?
Not necessarily...it's a big town.
Old 11-05-2013, 12:15 PM   #5
Vendikarr

I'd like to think Eric was the guy turned into a magic clone of Hopper and killed last season. That way he's in Storybrook and Regina is just screwing with Ariel again.
Vendikarr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2013, 12:50 PM   #6
loubob57
Cancer sucks!

TC CLUB MEMBER
Eric probably works down at the docks.
We just haven't seen him yet because he's always busy.
Old 11-05-2013, 04:22 PM   #7
martinp13
YHTBMABIITY

TC CLUB MEMBER
But now Eric should know who he is, and would be looking for Ariel, but still can't leave Storybrooke unless he uses a portal?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Come join us October 5-12, 2014!
martinp13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2013, 04:38 PM   #8
Ereth

Quote:
But now Eric should know who he is, and would be looking for Ariel, but still can't leave Storybrooke unless he uses a portal?
Why would he be looking for her? From his point of view, she never showed up at the docks that day. He has no way of knowing all the drama that went on just beyond his line of sight. So as far as he knows, she decided she didn't want him. No reason to go look for her.

Please do not "Fixed Your Post" on my posts. I find that rude and annoying. Thank you for your consideration.
Ereth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2013, 05:34 PM   #9
smbaker

Quote:
What a shame Regina and Rumple weren't there at Echo Cave... that would have been fun. So, why not just send one person in to rescue Neal? The cave can't know how many in your party are waiting outside. Or for that matter, why couldn't Neal rescue himself? Another lame plot device.
It seemed to me the secrets revealed in the echo cave (with the exception of Charming's) were rather lame. Those were really their deepest, darkest secrets?

I too am curious about who is in that other cage. Maybe that djinn and cage from Once Wonderland is on loan.
smbaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2013, 01:27 AM   #10
Church AV Guy

Quote:
I too am curious about who is in that other cage. Maybe that djinn and cage from Once Wonderland is on loan.
On another site, someone speculated Wendy (from the Peter Pan stories).

Evil is charming and beautiful. It makes you doubt yourself. It asks for one small compromise after another until it whittles you down, and it functions best when no one believes in it. - JOA
Church AV Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2013, 10:06 PM   #11
mattack

I *think* this question was about episode 305, but there doesn't seem to be a thread about that specific one.

I admit I may be missing something "obvious".

In a flashback (???), we see Rumplestiltskin bring back his young son from Neverland (unwillingly, when he complained that if Rumple had just ASKED him he'd go willingly).. But in the "present" we see the grown son complaining to his father than he wouldn't even come rescue him.

What am I missing? Is that not really a flashback, but an alternate timeline?

Again, I may be missing something 'obvious' about the entire series. Sometimes I only halfway pay attention, esp when I watch while walking on the treadmill.. I only recently started catching up with S3.
mattack is offline   Reply With Quote