TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Stream
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 11-20-2013, 07:59 PM   #1
Austin Bike

iOS updates kill existing shows

I had a bunch of shows on my iPad, most notably Radiohead at Austin City Limits that was watched on most 10 hour flights.

Just looked at the newest TiVo app and magically all of my shows are gone. Worst part is that some of these were shows that I had deleted from my TiVo.

Sweet.

Why did this happen?
Austin Bike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2013, 08:42 PM   #2
wmcbrine
Resistance Useless

Didn't happen here.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
wmcbrine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2013, 08:44 PM   #3
windracer
joined the 10k club

I didn't have a problem either. Did you delete the app before upgrading? Because that might remove all the downloaded shows.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|
windracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2013, 02:22 PM   #4
Austin Bike

I don't believe that I deleted the app, but in all of the technical issues (losing connectivity, etc.) that could have happened.
Austin Bike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2013, 03:22 PM   #5
Dan203
Super Moderator

Shows are stored in the app data section, so if you delete the app you delete the shows. I wish TiVo would have an option to convert them to MP4 and store them in the camera roll. They only allow transfer of shows that are unprotected anyway so there is no real harm in that.
Dan203 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2013, 07:49 PM   #6
moyekj

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan203 View Post
Shows are stored in the app data section, so if you delete the app you delete the shows. I wish TiVo would have an option to convert them to MP4 and store them in the camera roll. They only allow transfer of shows that are unprotected anyway so there is no real harm in that.
Do you know if you use iTunes to sync to a computer if the TiVo App HLS data is backed up as well? I presume for a full backup it would be, but what about just App syncs? (I try and avoid using iTunes as much as possible, but if you have a bunch of shows downloaded to your iDevice it may be useful to have a backup just in case...).
Cox - Motorola CableCards & TAs
Slingbox 350 via TiVo Mini & TiVo Stream for remote viewing

moyekj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2013, 08:15 PM   #7
windracer
joined the 10k club

It doesn't appear (to me, anyway) that saved videos get backed up as part of an iTunes backup.

My iPhone is jailbroken, so I can see all the individual .seg files under /var/mobile/applications/{AppID}/Documents/SavedVideos but other than copying all of those to my PC and then putting them back, I don't think there's an easy way to back them up normally.

|
windracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2013, 11:57 PM   #8
Dan203
Super Moderator

Yeah I tried a backup and then using an app that can read iTunes backups and it did not save the videos. It was pretty evident by the size of the backup it wasn't right, but I looked anyway.
Dan203 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2013, 03:46 AM   #9
Devx

iTunes is supposed to backup all application data. Tivo must be classifying or storing the show downloads in a nonstandard way.

Ok, so maybe not, Apple provides clarity on iTunes backups in the link.

Quote:
iTunes will back up the following information
App Store Application data (except the Application itself, its tmp and Caches folder).
Application settings, preferences, and data, including documents.
http://support.apple.com/kb/HT4946
THD 2TB x 2
Humax S2 300GB (retired)
Devx is offline   Reply With Quote