TiVo Community
TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Premiere DVRs
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 11-18-2013, 11:06 PM   #1
bsmith1051

Question Fall 2013 Update: Losing HDMI signal?

I finally received the Fall 2013 Update on my Premiere; I was not signed-up for the early release. Everything seemed fine but now I lose the HDMI signal between uses! When it happens I try temporarily disconnecting the HDMI cable but that doesn't help. I also tried pressing the 'Format' button on the front panel; no go. The only thing that recovers the signal is to pull the power-cord, then cold boot.

Is anyone else experiencing this? Once I power-cycle it works fine. I watch TV for an hour or two, then turn the TV and receiver off. Next time I return -- no signal.

Is it possible the Update is messing with the HDMI output when the 'upstream' devices (my Denon receiver and Samsung TV) are turned off?
bsmith1051 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2013, 07:48 AM   #2
Leon WIlkinson
TiVo Gone Wild

Was your Tv on the correct HDMI input? On some TVs when you power up a hdmi connected device it will auto tune to it.

So, if you just disconnected the HDMI it'd stay on the wrong source.
Old 11-21-2013, 03:35 AM   #3
bsmith1051

According to the people on AVSforum's thread for Denon receivers, the Fall Update must've changed the HDMI configuration of the Tivo, e.g. it no longer supports 'HDMI hubs'. If I connect the Tivo directly to my TV it displays properly. If I connect it to my Denon (which worked fine prior to the Fall Update) then there's nothing; also the Denon HDMI diagnostic reports 'nothing' as if there were no signal, or maybe no handshake?
bsmith1051 is offline   Reply With Quote