TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > TiVo TV Talk > Now Playing - TV Show Talk
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 11-24-2013, 03:35 PM   #1
2004raptor

Bill ​Cosby - ​Far ​From ​Finished. 11/23/13

Anyone watch it?

My wife and I watched it but it was pretty late last night. Maybe I just wasn't in the mood but I really didn't laugh much at all. I can't quite put my finger on it but he just seemed off in his setup and delivery.

I haven't seen his more famous special (Himself??) in years but I seem to remember it very funny.

Last edited by 2004raptor : 11-24-2013 at 03:52 PM.
2004raptor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2013, 03:46 PM   #2
Ereth

I thought it started slow but ended being very laugh out loud funny. Don't think the commercial breaks helped though.

Please do not "Fixed Your Post" on my posts. I find that rude and annoying. Thank you for your consideration.
Ereth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2013, 04:59 PM   #3
TIVO_GUY_HERE
I miss the ocean

I enjoyed it as well. LOL a few times. 1st bit about the girlfriend was a bit long. I love his story telling
TIVO_GUY_HERE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2013, 10:08 PM   #4
midas
I heard that

I thought it was pretty good. But you couldn't watch it casually since much of the humor was the facial expressions.
midas is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2013, 10:15 PM   #5
gchance
4 8 15 16 23 42

I agree about the facial expressions. I found it extremely funny, I laughed quite a bit. When he got to the end, my thought was, that's it? Then I looked at the clock and it had been an hour and a half. Those commercial breaks were too often and too long.

If I had one small complaint, it's that he went back to the children well again. New material, yes, but he hasn't had school-age children in twenty years or more. That said, he's still Cosby, and still tells those stories better than anyone alive. I'm also surprised he didn't work his EXTREMELY recognizable voice into the security system story. Then again, he's also easy to imitate.

The format of this special was similar in format to Bill Cosby Is a Very Funny Fellow... Right and 200mph, in that rather than having a bunch of short stories, it's one or two LONG ones. I like them both, although it makes me wonder if this is his swan song for recordings. I do expect him to be onstage until he dies, though.

Greg

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|
|

5k:
10k:
13.1M
26.2M
gchance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2013, 06:06 AM   #6
Jesda
CAPTAIN AWESOME

Builds slowly and gets better each minute. Great stuff!

My blog:
Jesda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2013, 07:40 AM   #7
JoBeth66
Temp

We started watching it, but the commercials were just too much - so we Tivo'd it and went to play King of Tokyo. We'll watch it tonight when we can skip the commercials.
JoBeth66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2013, 10:55 AM   #8
QueenBee
Granny Geek

I came in late - during the restaurant/bakery bit. Thought it was pretty funny. The kid part was just ok for me.
QueenBee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2013, 07:58 AM   #9
AeneaGames

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoBeth66 View Post
We started watching it, but the commercials were just too much - so we Tivo'd it and went to play King of Tokyo. We'll watch it tonight when we can skip the commercials.
Awesome another boardgamer! Hi! *waves*
AeneaGames is offline   Reply With Quote