Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Roamio DVRs
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 04-24-2014, 08:18 PM   #61
aaronwt
HD Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by b_scott View Post
really? I don't have rear surrounds, only sides. I'll have to test it - I didn't notice that problem.
I have a 7.1 setup with side and rear surrounds. With only one set of surrounds I don't think it's an issue
40TB unRAID1--53TB unRAID2--36TB unRAID3
XBL/PSN: WormholeXtreme
aaronwt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2014, 10:23 AM   #62
b_scott
TiVo Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaronwt View Post
I have a 7.1 setup with side and rear surrounds. With only one set of surrounds I don't think it's an issue
well aren't you special? j/k

yeah my sides worked fine last night.
b_scott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2014, 01:06 PM   #63
aaronwt
HD Addict

7.1 with two side and two rear surrounds as opposed to 7.1 with two surrounds and two front height speakers(instead of using them as rear surrounds)
Old 08-09-2014, 01:35 PM   #64
rainwater

Has anyone found a way to turn the Xbox on with the standard Roamio remote when you hit the power button? If I could do that, I could pretty much not use my Harmony remote especially if MS adds a boot to TV mode in an upcoming update.
rainwater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2014, 01:55 PM   #65
b_scott
TiVo Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by rainwater View Post
Has anyone found a way to turn the Xbox on with the standard Roamio remote when you hit the power button? If I could do that, I could pretty much not use my Harmony remote especially if MS adds a boot to TV mode in an upcoming update.
you can say "Xbox On" and then "Watch TV"....
Old 08-09-2014, 02:01 PM   #66
rainwater

Quote:
you can say "Xbox On" and then "Watch TV"....
Yes. I do that now. But I would rather do it from the remote most of the time. I assume there is no code in the TiVo remote database that can turn on an Xbox One?
Old 08-09-2014, 02:08 PM   #67
b_scott
TiVo Fan

honestly I'm not sure. But I don't see the Xbox ever booting straight to TV, so it's a bit moot.
Old 08-09-2014, 02:19 PM   #68
rainwater

Quote:
honestly I'm not sure. But I don't see the Xbox ever booting straight to TV, so it's a bit moot.
I've read they will probably add an option to start up to an app in a later update this year. So you could pick the tv app.

And even without this option, I would rather turn my xbox on with my TiVo remote.
Old 08-09-2014, 02:22 PM   #69
b_scott
TiVo Fan

cool. if you need it, I hope it works for you. I haven't heard anything about that from MS, and I'm in the beta program. I think it's a bit odd since they'd want you to see the dash and the offerings. But then again I think on 360 there was an option to auto play a disc if it was in the drive.
Old 08-09-2014, 03:28 PM   #70
rainwater

Quote:
cool. if you need it, I hope it works for you. I haven't heard anything about that from MS, and I'm in the beta program.
Yeah, it is not in the August update. So it will be this winter at the earliest.
Old 08-09-2014, 11:55 PM   #71
aaronwt
HD Addict

Quote:
I've read they will probably add an option to start up to an app in a later update this year. So you could pick the tv app.

And even without this option, I would rather turn my xbox on with my TiVo remote.
I had heard that somewhere too. Earlier in the SUmmer. It makes sense that it would be coming. I wouldn't think it should be that difficult to have the XBOne boot up and then start an app. Especially since you can tell it to start and app yourself. So having the XBOne go to a specific app after turning on shouldn't be a problem.
Old 08-10-2014, 12:31 PM   #72
trip1eX

Quote:
I had heard that somewhere too. Earlier in the SUmmer. It makes sense that it would be coming. I wouldn't think it should be that difficult to have the XBOne boot up and then start an app. Especially since you can tell it to start and app yourself. So having the XBOne go to a specific app after turning on shouldn't be a problem.
MY 360s boot up into WMC so yeah it shouldn't be a problem to implement.
trip1eX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2014, 10:29 AM   #73
b_scott
TiVo Fan

I stand corrected:

http://majornelson.com/2014/08/12/ki...t-coming-soon/

Boot to TV – Now Xbox One owners will be able to set their console to boot directly to television when coming out of connected standby.
Old 08-12-2014, 01:32 PM   #74
aaronwt
HD Addict

Now if MS would just fix the borked surround audio. Then I might watch more Tv through the HDMI input of my main XBOne.
Old 08-13-2014, 11:36 AM   #75
b_scott
TiVo Fan

Quote:
Now if MS would just fix the borked surround audio. Then I might watch more Tv through the HDMI input of my main XBOne.
is there still problems? I thought it was fixed. Audio seems fine for me.
Old 08-14-2014, 11:41 PM   #76
SrLANGuy

Quote:
I have the same problem! I had my HDMI going TiVo > Xbox One > A/V Receiver. But since the surround sound audio is messed up, I bought an HDMI splitter. Now I can select TiVo > A/V Receiver directly or I can switch to TiVo > Xbox One > A/V Receiver. Most of the time, I don't watch through the Xbox One.
SrLANGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2014, 04:00 PM   #77
aaronwt
HD Addict

Quote:

is there still problems? I thought it was fixed. Audio seems fine for me.
The issue is still there with 1409 which I got yesterday.

It is only from the HDMI input and apps. And AFAIK only affects a 7.1 setup. Surround audio is erroneously sent to the rear surrounds from the apps and HDMI input. Although I did only check the HDMI input last night. I'll double check an app this weekend.

Last edited by aaronwt : 08-15-2014 at 05:21 PM.
Old 08-15-2014, 05:28 PM   #78
b_scott
TiVo Fan

Quote:
The issue is still there with 1409 which I got yesterday.

It is only from the HDMI input and apps. And AFAIK only affects a 7.1 setup. Surround audio is erroneously sent to the rear surrounds from the apps and HDMI input. Although I did only check the HDMI input last night. I'll double check an app this weekend.
ahhh. I don't have enough space for 7.1 even though my receiver can do it. So I guess it doesn't affect me.
Old 08-18-2014, 11:52 AM   #79
rainwater

I got an update on my Xbox One last night. Changing channels was broken (using oneguide or voice) until I rebooted one more time. I'm hoping the update fixes the HDCP issues. So far I haven't seen the error but I haven't had time to test.
Old 10-14-2014, 07:08 PM   #80
Snook

Quote:
Looking into this as well, if I could just get the Roamio remote to power the Xbox I'd be completely happy.

I don't have a Harmony remote, the Harmony Ultimate is on my radar but concerned it will be lacking when replicating the TiVo buttons, like; Thumbs, Live TV, Info, Zoom etc. Is there a reason not to like the Harmony? Cumbersome TiVo functions? Battery life?
Snook is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2014, 07:35 PM   #81
SrLANGuy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snook View Post
Looking into this as well, if I could just get the Roamio remote to power the Xbox I'd be completely happy.

I don't have a Harmony remote, the Harmony Ultimate is on my radar but concerned it will be lacking when replicating the TiVo buttons, like; Thumbs, Live TV, Info, Zoom etc. Is there a reason not to like the Harmony? Cumbersome TiVo functions? Battery life?
I have the Harmony Smart Control which has the same Hub, but not the fancy remote (or high price). I use it for everything EXCEPT controlling my TiVo and it works great. When I'm controlling my TiVo, I use my Roamio remote because the peanut shaped remote just can't be beat!!!

Another option is the TiVo Slide Pro Remote. You can buy it from the TiVo website for $50 and it looks almost identical to the Roamio remote. But it is a true "learning" remote and you can program the power button to turn on your Xbox One. And if you configure your Xbox One correctly, it can turn on your TV, AV Receiver, and even boot directly to TV. The only thing I didn't like about that remote is the fact that it's a bit heavier than the Roamio remote. But you get a "learning" remote with a full slide out keyboard for the Roamio.
SrLANGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2014, 07:21 PM   #82
naich

Does the surround system issue only affect people with 7.1 setups? I just moved and I was about to re-do my system using my 5.1 surround sound setup.
naich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2014, 08:33 PM   #83
aaronwt
HD Addict

AFAIK it affects 7.1 and higher. Although I have no idea what it does with a 6.1 setup.