TiVo Community
TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Roamio DVRs
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 10-17-2014, 12:10 AM   #1
globalgreg

Xfinity OnDemand takes me to the CableCARD info screen and channel is not authorized

Just set up my Roamio Pro with xfinity and most of the channels seem to be working except for for HBO and OnDemand (may be others...I didn't check every channel). When I go to HBO or OnDemand I get the black screen that gives the CableCARD information for the cable provider. If I hit Clear to exit that screen the screen shows the "This channel is not authorized" screen and says to contact my cable provider (V58). After searching I found that it may help to do a chat with tech support and ask them to send an "init signal" and then reboot. I got a tech to do that and same problem after a reboot. Does it just take time for it to work or is there something else I could try? Thanks.
globalgreg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2014, 12:58 AM   #2
Marty1781

I've had a similar issue in setting up multiple Tivos with Comcast and my experience with Comcast has been that either everything (premiums, etc) works right away when they initially pair/initialize your cable card with their system while you are on the phone with them or if something like the premiums are missing, then there is something else wrong (like Comcast didn't pair the card correctly) and no amount of waiting is going to fix it. Comcast may ask you to wait up to 24 hours for the premiums to show but again, my experience has been that it all either works immediately or if the premiums are missing initially, they simply aren't going to show up 24 hours or later and the problem is something else.

Some of the various fixes that have worked for me over the years include:
- having Comcast remove the card from my account, re-add it, then go through the pairing process again
- have Comcast clear the CC/Host/Data IDs then re-enter the numbers
- have the Comcast cablecard department check that the codes for the premium channels have been properly entered not just in your account but in their cable card menu/system. Specifically, each CC on your account needs to have the proper premium codes entered in its properties in order for that particular card to receive premium channels. Having your account have the premium codes but not the CC will produce an error similar to what you are experiencing.
- Replace the cablecard. Its not even necessarily that the card has gone bad but if I've experienced that sometime when moving the card from one device to another (example: upgrading Tivos) then going through the pairing process with Comcast results in that previously-working card not being able to receive the premiums even though all the CC, Host, and Data IDs have been correctly updated. Only a replacement of the CC fixed it in that particular instance.

In any case, call the Comcast CC department at 1.877.405.2298 and have them re-do the pairing process for you and check that your CCs have the proper codes attached to them for the premiums.
Marty1781 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2014, 01:22 AM   #3
globalgreg

Thanks for the reply. It just took some time and OnDemand as well as HBO started working. Looks like the init signal worked, just took about 30 minutes.

It also seems that the HD quality is better now...less pixellation during fast movements...just my imagination?
Old 10-17-2014, 01:38 AM   #4
Marty1781

Quote:
Originally Posted by globalgreg View Post
Thanks for the reply. It just took some time and OnDemand as well as HBO started working. Looks like the init signal worked, just took about 30 minutes.

It also seems that the HD quality is better now...less pixellation during fast movements...just my imagination?
Congrats! Waiting never seemed to work in my experience but glad it did for you.
Marty1781 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2014, 01:40 AM   #5
globalgreg

Just got an unauthorized message again...I hope I don't continue to randomly get those.
Old 10-17-2014, 07:03 AM   #6
expmag
RehobothJeff

Make sure that your cable card has been updated firmware Version PKEY1.5.3_F.p.1101 is what mine was recently upgraded to. This fixed my issue With unauthorized channels but it took contacting corporate to resolve. You can check your firmware version under settings/remote,cable card & devices/cablecard decoder/cablecard options/dvr diagnostics then 2nd page from the last is where it shows mine.
Old 10-17-2014, 01:22 PM   #7
globalgreg

Mine just says firmware version 1573 (see attached pic). Mine is a Motorola card, is that why my version looks so much different than yours? Do I still need to get a firmware update for the CableCARD? Thanks!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_2371.JPG (86.3 KB, 11 views)
Old 10-17-2014, 01:52 PM   #8
kokishin

Quote:
Originally Posted by globalgreg View Post
Mine just says firmware version 1573 (see attached pic). Mine is a Motorola card, is that why my version looks so much different than yours? Do I still need to get a firmware update for the CableCARD? Thanks!
Go to Settings & Messages->Account & System Info->CableCARD Decoder->CableCARD options (for Installers)->CableCARD Menu->CableCARD(tm) Status. Look for FW*. Mine says 06.25 which is the latest firmware for the Motorola M-Card.

You might consider trying another M-Card. My first M-Card was extremely flaky. Lost authorization 11 times over a week. Wouldn't go over 48 hours without losing authorization. Two days ago, I went to a Comcast Service Center and picked up another M-Card and had it paired to my Pro. So far, so good. If I can go 72 hours without losing authorization, it will be a record.
Old 10-17-2014, 08:55 PM   #9
mattack

I sure haven't seen it go authorized then unauthorized, but not being able to access HBO & On Demand make it SEEM like the cable card isn't paired correctly..
mattack is offline   Reply With Quote