TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Roamio DVRs
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 11-17-2013, 02:04 PM   #1
hamz9561

Roamio Not Seeing Desktop Plus

I have a 4-tuner Roamio that I bought a few months ago and for some reason I can't see any of the media in my Desktop Plus App that I've been using for several years with my old Series 2.

I can download media from the Roamio with no problem so I know that my MAC is correct. I'm just not seeing any media from Desktop Plus listed on the Roamio.

Any ideas?
hamz9561 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2013, 02:42 PM   #2
hamz9561

Update:

I restarted the Tivo Server service and can now see the items in Desktop Plus except for videos that are published. Any ideas on how to view them?
Old 11-18-2013, 03:26 PM   #3
Coffee

Usually, this issue is resolved by rebooting the router, the PC and the DVR. The order shouldn't matter, but if it isn't resolved at that point, something is either not functioning correctly, or being blocked.
Coffee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2013, 07:45 PM   #4
hamz9561

It seems that the TiVo server service was being stopped by my antivirus and this was causing the problem. Added it as an exception and now am able to transfer shows from the pc and also stream music.
Old 01-31-2014, 10:19 PM   #5
ramiss

I was having this same issue and want to report back on my solution. It strikes me odd that nobody has mentioned this in any of these treads... my problem is that I was assuming that since bonjour and the TiVo service was allowed in my Windows firewall that it was opening the required ports. It was not!!

I had to open port 5353 for the TiVo to see my desktop.

Richard
ramiss is offline   Reply With Quote