TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Roamio DVRs
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 01-08-2015, 06:51 PM   #1
JSearfoss

Cable Co Problem or TIVO Problem

I am looking for opinions. My cable company (Blue Ridge Cable) made some changes to there HD lineup. We had two CBS channels 602 (WYOU) and 607 (WENYDT2). They removed the 602 (WYOU) channel and moved the 607 (WENYDT2) channel to 602. Now when I go into the Tivo Channel List it is showing the 602(WENYDT2) channel twice and another 602(WJKPLP). I am also getting the same listing in the Tivo guide (I use the grid guide). I can uncheck the 602(WJKPLP) and it will not show in the guide, but if I try to uncheck one of the 602(WENYDT2) channels they both uncheck. Then when I check one the both check. The big problem comes when I tune to the 602 channel. Once the channel is selected I can no longer channel up or down to get off the channel. When I open the guide there is only one channel (one line) displayed in the guide. The 602 channel. The only way to get off the 602 channel is to key in another channel number. I have called the cable company and they say there channel map is fine that it is a Tivo problem. I have not called Tivo yet because I believe it is the channel map that is messed up. What do you think ?

I should also mention that I have a Roamio with SDV adapter and a Premier with just a cable card and I have the same problem on both.
JSearfoss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2015, 02:21 AM   #2
ThAbtO
TiVoholic by the bay

Try re-run Guided setup and see if there is a digital lineup, choose that if there is.
OTA! OTA! OTA!

~~~~~

The TiVo Apocalypse begins on Sat 2013 Feb 16 00:00 GMT!
ThAbtO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2015, 07:36 AM   #3
jrtroo
User

I would start with a service connection or two first, maybe even a reboot, to see if the changes are just not yet downloaded. Then I would rerun guided set up.
Old 01-09-2015, 08:28 AM   #4
JSearfoss

They did the changes about a week ago and I have done the service connections and re-boots multiple times. I have not tried running the guided setup yet. I will try that tonight. I have only run the guided setup when I got the Tivo so I take it rerunning it will not mess with any season passes ?
Old 01-09-2015, 08:43 AM   #5
jrtroo
User

Seems like you should just report it to Tivo so they bug their service provider. I don't have the link, but just search it and you can submit the update on their website.
Old 01-09-2015, 06:19 PM   #6
JSearfoss

Well it took a while and after telling me there channel map was ok the cable company finally called me and said they found and fixed the error in the channel map. They removed the duplicate channel and everything went back to normal. I learned one thing. The Tivo does NOT like duplicate channel numbers in the channel list.