TiVo Community
TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Roamio DVRs
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 11-22-2013, 01:48 PM   #1
jrs1968

Question Roamio Pro questions: CSR way off base?

I have three time warner DVRs in my house, with whole-house viewing (in charlotte, if it matters ).

My kids each have an old TiVo in their rooms- an old S2 with lifetime, and an s2d2

I am thinking about switching one of the TWC DVRs to a roamio pro, so I called to find out what it would take. I talked to a lady at tiro that told me some things that I think are just plain wrong, so I will ask the questions here.

1. TWC Charlotte has several SDV channels. I would still need a tuning adapter, won't I? (The rep said that the tuning adapter was "built in")

2. If I add a TiVo mini to the mix- it will still use a tuner on the Roamio, correct?(she said "no, they don't do that anymore")

Finally- does anyone else in charlotte have one of the 6 tuner models? Any problems getting a CableCard that supports 6 tuners, and did you require a truck roll?
jrs1968 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2013, 01:55 PM   #2
BigJimOutlaw

You're correct about both.

You'll need a TA for the SDV channels and the Minis will borrow a tuner for live TV, but now the tuner will return to the DVR when Live tv is not in use.

It increasingly seems like Tivo's CSR's need a refresher on their products. This has been cropping up more lately.
BigJimOutlaw is offline   Reply With Quote