TiVo Community
TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Home Media Features & TiVoToGo
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 11-15-2013, 10:03 AM   #1
jeff92k7

KMTTG Remote

I have a question about KMTTG and running it remotely. This has NOTHING do do with the remote tab, where you remotely control a TiVo. This is a computer networking thing where I want to remotely control KMTTG.

I have a home media server that stores all my iTunes content and archived TiVo recordings. That server runs KMTTG to automatically download certain shows from my TiVos after they record. It works just fine, but I have found that it is a little annoying to connect remotely to the desktop of that server to administer KMTTG (change auto transfers, check for TiVo conflicts, etc). It would be nice if there was a way to access the features of KMTTG from another computer on the LAN (or even from a remote computer if I'm out of town). That way, KMTTG is still doing it's thing on my home server, but I can control it without having to access that server.

Does anyone know of a way to control KMTTG from a remote computer?
jeff92k7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2013, 10:52 AM   #2
moyekj

Yes, kmttg has allowed that for years and I run it outside my LAN all the time. See the Wiki:
http://sourceforge.net/p/kmttg/wiki/config_Tivos/

You have to setup port forwarding in your router such that WAN side port #s map internally to specific LAN side IP and port #s. Then in kmttg config TiVos tab you add a TiVo manually using WAN IP and set the following entries to go with it:

wan http port
wan https port
wan ipad port

EDIT: I realize now this doesn't address your question but I'll leave this post anyway as an FYI.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by moyekj : 11-15-2013 at 11:04 AM.
moyekj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2013, 10:58 AM   #3
windracer
joined the 10k club

The WAN access stuff would allow a separate kmttg installation to access the TiVos remotely, yes, but the OP wants to be able to control kmttg itself, running on the server, from a remote location.

In other words, kmttg runs on machine A (either on LAN or WAN), but ends up making changes to the kmttg configuration on machine B.

I, like the OP, just remote into the server that runs kmttg to make changes so I'm not sure if a "remote" kmttg would really make this any easier.

|
windracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2013, 11:03 AM   #4
moyekj

Oh I see. Yes now that I read OP post more carefully what I posted is not relevant.

moyekj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2013, 07:02 AM   #5
jcthorne

I also do this by remote desktop (LogMeIn) connection to the server running kmttg. Works fine.

Setup help for pytivo under windows:
jcthorne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2013, 05:13 PM   #6
AudioNutz

I'm in agreement with the request. There should be a feature that allows me to control AND see status of both regular and auto processing of KMTTG via web browser. (Or something)