TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Help Center
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 11-21-2013, 12:05 PM   #1
Dewdrop75

Problem transfering videos to TiVo Premiere

I have been having problems lately transferring videos from my computer via the TiVo Desktop Plus application to my Tivo Premiere. I have a wired connection to my Tivo from my router. It will act like it is transferring a video, the blue light will be on and the video will show up on my Tivo, however, at some point the transfer will stop and video will disappear. I am using the Share music, photos & video part of the application to share specific folders. I have it set up to automatically transfer All. I would try to manually transfer the videos, but for some other reason the computer I use does not show up on the Now Playing on COMPUTER NAME. At first I was thinking it had something to do with my internet being slow, but that shouldn't effect a wired connection, right? And even so, that issue has been resolved.

Another issue I have noticed is that I have to reboot my computer for it to even start the process of transferring videos.

I am running Windows 8, my Tivo software version is 20.3.7.1a-01-2-746, I have an external HD attached to the Tivo, I am at 28% full.

Thanks in advance for any help!

Tina
Dewdrop75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2013, 01:30 PM   #2
unitron

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewdrop75 View Post
I have been having problems lately transferring videos from my computer via the TiVo Desktop Plus application to my Tivo Premiere. I have a wired connection to my Tivo from my router. It will act like it is transferring a video, the blue light will be on and the video will show up on my Tivo, however, at some point the transfer will stop and video will disappear. I am using the Share music, photos & video part of the application to share specific folders. I have it set up to automatically transfer All. I would try to manually transfer the videos, but for some other reason the computer I use does not show up on the Now Playing on COMPUTER NAME. At first I was thinking it had something to do with my internet being slow, but that shouldn't effect a wired connection, right? And even so, that issue has been resolved.

Another issue I have noticed is that I have to reboot my computer for it to even start the process of transferring videos.

I am running Windows 8, my Tivo software version is 20.3.7.1a-01-2-746, I have an external HD attached to the Tivo, I am at 28% full.

Thanks in advance for any help!

Tina
How does your computer connect to your router?

(We're talking about a box with one cable connected to your cable or DSL modem, and then a group of places for probably 4 more cables--looks kind of like an harmonica, right?)

Have you assigned the TiVo a fixed IP address?

What about the computer?

Or does it leave the house and have to be set for getting its IP address via DHCP so it can log on to other networks at work or at a coffee shop or whatever?

"I am altering the deal. Pray I don't alter it any further."

Darth TiVo, 14 February, 2011
unitron is offline   Reply With Quote