TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Roamio DVRs
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 04-11-2015, 03:35 PM   #1
penlandc

I NEED ROAMIO and Harmony 900 help!!!

So I cannot for the life of me get my Logitech Harmony 900 to work with my Roamio. I have done everything that I know and searched high and low. Can anyone enlighten me to how I can get it to work?

penlandc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2015, 05:16 PM   #2
Teeps

Quote:
Originally Posted by penlandc View Post
So I cannot for the life of me get my Logitech Harmony 900 to work with my Roamio. I have done everything that I know and searched high and low. Can anyone enlighten me to how I can get it to work?
Ah... the Harmony remote. Don't you just want to throw it up against the wall when trying to program it off their web site?
Had Harmony remotes for many years; a pain in the asterisk to program; but once they are tweaked to your liking, they are hard to beat.

Does the Roamio work with its remote?
What color is the indicator on the remote when any button is pressed.
Amber for RF
Red for IR

You can always do IR learn from tivo remote to harmony... a pain for sure.
But that should work.

Look on the tivo website for remote instructions, put remote in IR mode.

Teeps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2015, 07:55 AM   #3
penlandc

It does work and it's yellow. So doing it the manual way is the best way? Why can't logitech make it easier for their customers to reprogram a remote! I do love my harmony and my wife really likes it.

Old 04-12-2015, 10:13 AM   #4
Dan203
Super Moderator

TC CLUB MEMBER
To disable RF you hold TiVo and C for a few seconds. Or maybe TiVo and D. Can't remember which. But once it changes the light will flash red instead of yellow when you press a button. After that it should work for programming your Roamio.

Also if the Harmony database does not have the Roamio listed then you can lie and say you have a Premiere instead. The IR codes are the same for both.

Dan203 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2015, 11:10 AM   #5
penlandc

Do I need a model number for the premiere?

Old 04-12-2015, 11:59 AM   #6
penlandc

Okay I have tried everything!!! Nothing has worked!! Put it in IR mode and started over!! Nothing works! This is frustrating. It wasn't this hard to do my UVerse box....

Old 04-13-2015, 02:17 AM   #7
ej42137

Quote:
Originally Posted by penlandc View Post
Okay I have tried everything!!! Nothing has worked!! Put it in IR mode and started over!! Nothing works! This is frustrating. It wasn't this hard to do my UVerse box....
My suggestion would be to supply more detail about what you've tried and how it's failing. If I told you my car won't work how would you tell me to fix it? You'd start asking questions like does the engine turn over when you turn the key and when was the last time you put gas in the tank? Save some time and supply the answers to these questions. Unless this is just a rant against the difficulty of setting up a Harmony, which I could quite understand.

ej42137 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2015, 10:28 AM   #8
Teeps

Quote:
Originally Posted by ej42137 View Post
Unless this is just a rant against the difficulty of setting up a Harmony, which I could quite understand.

Have you called Logitech?

Teeps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2015, 05:15 AM   #9
siratfus

My 900 works fine controlling my Roamio and my xbox one. As a matter of fact, I've programmed half of the harmony 900 buttons to do xbox task, and half to do roamio task, all in one activity. Otherwise, it would be a hassle to switch to different activities to control each box.

So as someone has suggested, tell us exactly what is the issue? Maybe a step by step of what you've done. Otherwise, it's as simple as going into your harmony software, add your tivo device, then program your activity, and customize both soft and hard buttons if you want.

siratfus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2015, 09:40 AM   #10
krkaufman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan203 View Post
To disable RF you hold TiVo and C for a few seconds. Or maybe TiVo and D. Can't remember which. But once it changes the light will flash red instead of yellow when you press a button. After that it should work for programming your Roamio.
My way of remembering is "it's the RED button to switch back to infrared mode." (though it would have been even more sensible if TiVo had used the A/Yellow button to revert to RF mode, to match the LED flash color, rather than D/Green)

As for the OP's issue, yeah, it would probably be best to put the Roamio remote into IR mode, for testing and any IR training/learning that might be needed. Once the remote is in IR mode, you should also head to the System Information screen, to determine the Roamio's configured "Remote Address."

You'll likely want to make sure the Roamio is set to the default "Remote Address" of 0, at least initially, to get through the Harmony programming issue you're having.

krkaufman is offline   Reply With Quote