TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Roamio DVRs
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 11-18-2014, 03:25 PM   #1
jhjones75

Audio Delay

I've had the Roamio for about 3-4 weeks now, and ever since we've gotten it there's been a slight delay in audio. Sometimes it's almost right and sometimes it's really off.

The Roamio goes into a Sony HT-CT150 receiver via HDMI and then the HDMI goes out to the TV and into the Soundbar. All audio comes out of the Soundbar. I don't split the audio or anything like that because the receiver does just 1 cable out to the TV.

Any ideas? There don't seem to be any options within the Tivo for audio sync and this is a lower tier soundbar so not many options there either.
jhjones75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2014, 03:48 PM   #2
jhjones75

Of note is that even with recorded shows that we watch thru the Mini on another TV, the audio is still off, so I don't think it's anything to do with my soundbar.

Both of the premieres I had before were fine, so it seems directly related to the Roamio itself.
Old 11-18-2014, 06:19 PM   #3
kbmb

Have you tried running the Roamio directly into the TV to see if you still get the delay? Take the other devices out of the mix to test.

I haven't heard of the Roamio doing any delays itself....not even sure it's possible.

I know with my setup: Roamio -> Yamaha Receiver -> Samsung TV, I need to delay the audio via the receiver because it's ahead of the video processing on the TV (since video processing takes a bit longer). However, if I plug directly into the TV and use it's speakers, everything is fine.

One trick I do, since the receiver does pass through audio as is.....is with it routed through the receiver, if I turn on the volume on my TV, the receiver audio and TV audio will be out of sync. I can then use this to adjust the receiver delay to get them synced up.

-Kevin
kbmb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2014, 02:02 AM   #4
jhjones75

Sorry, forgot I posted this and forgot to subscribe. Duh!

Testing directly attached seemed to be better so I dug out the manual for my receiver and disabled CEC and enabled audio sync. It only has an off and on switch for sync and it was off before.

Seemed to be running better so far.