TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Roamio DVRs
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 02-16-2015, 08:48 AM   #1
JANNINO

Any Issues with Multiple Roamios and Streaming

I currently have 1 Roamio Pro and 5 Tivo Premieres - all ethernet hard wired to my home network (Verizon router with a multiswitch), Verizon cablecards, and use the Roamio for streaming. Everything works fine.

One of the Premieres just died and I want to replace it. I am looking to purchase another Roamio (don't want a Mini as I like the multi-tuner function on each TV) but I an concerned about having issues with multiple Roamios, particularly with streaming.

Are there any known issues with multiple Roamios I need to be concerned with because if so, do I need to look for a new Premiere instead which there are not many left out there.

Thanks for the help in advance.

JANNINO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2015, 09:13 AM   #2
MrDell

If you are concerned with having a conflict with two streaming Roamios, you can consider getting the base Roamio. I know that one doesn't have streaming built in.

MrDell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2015, 09:16 AM   #3
BigJimOutlaw

There won't be a problem. When streaming is first set up in the app, it'll look for streaming devices and ask you to pick one.

BigJimOutlaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2015, 09:33 AM   #4
rsnaider

I have 2 and when you use the App in my case iOS it asks which box I want to pair with.

No conflicts or issues to worry about.

TiVo Roamio Pro
TiVo Roamio Pro - WD 1TB Expander
TiVo Bolt - WD 1TB Expander
TiVo Premier XL
TiVo Mini
rsnaider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2015, 06:27 PM   #5
astrohip
Stuart F

Quote:
Originally Posted by JANNINO View Post
I currently have 1 Roamio Pro and 5 Tivo Premieres - all ethernet hard wired to my home network (Verizon router with a multiswitch), Verizon cablecards, and use the Roamio for streaming. Everything works fine.

One of the Premieres just died and I want to replace it. I am looking to purchase another Roamio (don't want a Mini as I like the multi-tuner function on each TV) but I an concerned about having issues with multiple Roamios, particularly with streaming.

Are there any known issues with multiple Roamios I need to be concerned with because if so, do I need to look for a new Premiere instead which there are not many left out there.

Thanks for the help in advance.
Short answer, no problem.

I have 2 Roamios, a Premiere and an older S3. They play together nicely. Of course, different units have different abilities, but as long as you understand that, they really do work well together.