TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Roamio DVRs
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 11-13-2013, 07:58 AM   #1
aaronwt
HD Addict

Roamio Basic Power Supply

Does anyone know anything about when TiVo will have Roamio Basic power supplies on sale? Or at least what type of power supply can be used as a replacement?

I have a Roamio Basic coming to replace my Premiere I use for OTA and that I also use it to carry content to my GFs house. So I need an extra power supply to keep at her house. That way I just need to carry the TiVo over and nothing else.
39TB unRAID1--53TB unRAID2--36TB unRAID3
XBL/PSN: WormholeXtreme
aaronwt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2013, 08:21 AM   #2
socrplyr

I couldn't find a picture online, but typically, everything you need to find a replacement is on the wall wart itself. You just need Voltage, Amperage, orientation of the voltage (is the center pin + or -), and the size of the connector. Then you can use any generic adapter you can find (many come with multiple connector sizes). The voltage and orientation you have to get exactly correct. The amperage, I would just got the same or a little higher (it is a max rating). I didn't see one on Tivo's site for the Mini or the Stream, so I am thinking they won't sell them. Maybe you can call them up and get one that way. Generally, it isn't common for CE manufacturers to sell those in stores (even online ones).
socrplyr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2013, 09:35 AM   #3
atmuscarella

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaronwt View Post
Does anyone know anything about when TiVo will have Roamio Basic power supplies on sale? Or at least what type of power supply can be used as a replacement?

I have a Roamio Basic coming to replace my Premiere I use for OTA and that I also use it to carry content to my GFs house. So I need an extra power supply to keep at her house. That way I just need to carry the TiVo over and nothing else.
I found the Roamio a major improvement over my Premiere for OTA and was wondering how long it would be before you did this upgrade, from your posts was surprised you waited this long .

I don't know the answer to your question but was wondering if some type of universal power supply would work.
R.I.P. - 08/06 - TiVo
05/08 - TiVo HD
06/08 - Panasonic 50PZ800U 50" Plazma!!
03/10 - Series 3
11/10 - Premiere
09/13 - Roamio
atmuscarella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2013, 09:55 AM   #4
aaronwt
HD Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by atmuscarella View Post
I found the Roamio a major improvement over my Premiere for OTA and was wondering how long it would be before you did this upgrade, from your posts was surprised you waited this long .

I don't know the answer to your question but was wondering if some type of universal power supply would work.
I only got one now because of the deal they gave me. I didn't want to pay alot for it since it's just a secondary box for me. Although the smaller form factor will make it much easier to take back and forth to my GFs house.
Old 11-16-2013, 07:07 PM   #5
dglion

I've got an extra one I can send you. I/ve had to return 2 Roamios and TiVo only wants the unit back, no other parts. PM me if you are interested.
dglion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2013, 09:22 PM   #6
unitron

Quote:
Originally Posted by dglion View Post
I've got an extra one I can send you. I/ve had to return 2 Roamios and TiVo only wants the unit back, no other parts. PM me if you are interested.
Before you send it out, can you look on it and see what it says about V and A, or mA, or W, and whether the center pin is + and the outer ring is - or the outer ring is + and the center pin is - ?

And then tell us?

"I am altering the deal. Pray I don't alter it any further."

Darth TiVo, 14 February, 2011
unitron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2013, 09:44 PM   #7
aaronwt
HD Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by dglion View Post
Thanks. I sent you a PM.
Old 01-13-2014, 11:30 PM   #8
Yashii

Roamio Power Adapter

I mixed up my power adapters and cords. Can someone provide me with the wattage and amperage, and maybe a description or image of the Roamio basic power adapter
Yashii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2014, 03:07 PM   #9
tamathat

I have a Roamio Basic coming to replace my Premiere I use for OTA and that I also use it to carry content to my GFs house. So I need an extra power supply to keep at her house. That way I just need to carry the TiVo over and nothing else.[/quote]

Have you thought about buying a used slingplayer and just sling'ing your content?
tamathat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2014, 03:18 PM   #10
Phasers

Quote:
Originally Posted by tamathat View Post
Have you thought about buying a used slingplayer and just sling'ing your content?
Some betters questions for OP:

1) Since OP is at that relationship stage where he is bringing over his TiVo to his GFs house regularly, why has he not simply gotten 'her' a TiVo yet that he can keep over there and have record the content he wants?

2) If their relationship is at the point that OP can actually bring a freaking TiVo over to his GFs house regularly and have her be ok with that, why hasn't he put a ring on it and consolidated households already?
Phasers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2014, 05:13 PM   #11
aaronwt
HD Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by tamathat View Post
I have a Slingplayer and a Hava HD. My GF only has 1.2Mb/s DSL which is not going work since it is so slow.. I keep trying to convince her to get FiOS, or even Comcast, but she seems to be happy with her slow, crappy DSL.
Old 01-16-2014, 12:19 PM   #12
Yashii

Second Request

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yashii View Post
I mixed up my power adapters and cords. Can someone provide me with the wattage and amperage, and maybe a description or image of the Roamio basic power adapter
Is there anyone who can respond to this reply? I have a TiVo that will not start and I would like to like to eliminate/confirm the power supply as the cause.

Thanks
Yashii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2014, 01:07 PM   #13
Ky_Shag
Shaggy Dog

12 v 2 amp
Ky_Shag is offline   Reply With Quote