TiVo Community
TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > DirecTV TiVo Powered PVRs & Receivers
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 11-20-2013, 11:07 AM   #1
LBCABob

Arrow THR22-100 Stops Recording to Download from Sat

Been back with DirecTV about two months now and using THR22-100 (tried their Genie and could not deal with their interface). The THR22 works as expected and happy except for 1 thing:

It goes into "Downloading from Satellite" display with progress bar and % at random times, often when I want to watch TV (otherwise, the only way I know it did this process is that I find both tuners are on the same channel). Caption says to use TiVo button to go to TiVo Central. And that's about all you can do until it finishes the download.

Also, the Program Guide is often screwy after the download completes - sometimes for hours, sometimes for a few minutes.

The worst part: It will STOP A CURRENT RECORDING to perform this download. A few weeks ago, all the previously scheduled evening's recordings failed because (per the Recording History) "program no longer in Guide" since the database was (I am guessing) being rebuilt.

Is this normal for a THR22-100? If so, then guess I just have to live with it. If not, is there a way to fix? Have not called DirecTV as will likely take a major effort to find someone there that even knows what a THR22 is, much less anyone with repair or behavior quirks understanding.

Software version: 01B5
Software ID: 11.2.4-01-3-367
Completion Code: 8971
Unit has been re-booted once or twice but did not stop behavior.
LBCABob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2013, 11:57 AM   #2
stevel
Dumb Blond

TC CLUB MEMBER
No, it's not normal. This means it has lost the sat signal and is reacquiring the guide data.
Old 11-20-2013, 05:56 PM   #3
LBCABob

Question What is the First Step to Get it Fixed?

"Lost the sat signal" as in a loose wire somewhere? A bird flew right in front of the rooftop dish? Defective TiVo? Same as "rain fade" (even though no rain in Southern California in months)?

If the Guide database becomes (repeatedly?) corrupted and must be rebuilt on a random basis, then would not that be likely some sort of disk drive failure? I seem to recall the software itself is pretty much the way its been for many, many months with future upgrades/updates very unlikely.

So, go ahead and call DirecTV and report the problem? Guess I will need to start a log of when it happens to see if there is any pattern.

I can always try the "Clear & delete everything" option if anyone thinks that could help. Just looking for what my next step should be. THANKS!

FWI: Just checked and found both tuners on Channel 2 so it must have had the problem sometime today since the tuners were on different channels when I started this thread earlier today. The "VCM Connection" (whatever that is) is about to kick in per the Sys Info page. Will leave TV on and see what happens.
LBCABob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2013, 10:57 PM   #4
stevel
Dumb Blond

TC CLUB MEMBER
Yes, call and report the problem.

Steve