TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Premiere DVRs
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 11-27-2013, 04:30 PM   #1
shiffrin

Download Manager problem with CNET podcasts

I have been having problems getting some CNET podcasts ever since the Fall update. I sent in a report to Tivo and they told me to do a Clear and delete of program info and todo lost. I really don't want to do this since I'll have to re-enter all my season passes again. I have posted my description of the problem below. Does anyone have any other suggestions to try?
--------
Here is a description of what is happening:

1. I select the download manager
2. It lists the following items
2a. Circuits
2b CNET News HD
2c. All CNET HD Video Podcasts

A. I select 'circuits'
Aa. It shows a screen with various options on what to do with the season pass. I select modify, then cancel season pass
Ab. It asks me to confirm the cancel and I select Yes
Ac. It trhen goes back to the options screen and it still shows that I have a season pass.
Ad. When I go back to the download manager, it still lists 'Circuits'

B. From the download manager I select 'All CNET HD Video Podcasts'
Ba. The screen goes right back to the download manager with no error. It never even gets to the option screen.

C. from the download manager I select 'CNET News HD'
Ca. It shows the option screen where I pick 'modify season pass', then 'Cancel season pass'
Cb. It asks for confirmation and I select yes. It goes back to the option screen where now it asks if I want to create a season pass'. This is how it is supposed to work.
Cc. WHen I now go back to the download manager, it no longer shows the CNET News entry

Description C above is how the download manager is supposed to work. Of my 3 season passes for podcasts, item C is also the only one that is downloading any shows.

I would be happy if I could just clear out the 3 items in download manager and start again but I can't delete them (except for the only one that is working).
Old 11-28-2013, 03:37 AM   #2
Devx

This may not fix the behavior on the Premiere but try to manage or add the subscription again on tivo.com for those podcasts.
THD 2TB x 2
Humax S2 300GB (retired)
Devx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2013, 07:01 AM   #3
shiffrin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devx View Post
This may not fix the behavior on the Premiere but try to manage or add the subscription again on tivo.com for those podcasts.
Tivo.com doesn't show podcasts, so I can't delete them. I did add the 'All CNET HD Video Podcasts' again and I'll leave it for a few days to see if anything gets downloaded.

I remembered I had an old dead Tivo with lifetime that is still showing on my account. I was able to tell Tivo.com to transfer my season Passes to it. If I do have to do a 'clear and delete' I'm hoping I'll be able to transfer them back. I'll write down the info just in case.
Old 11-28-2013, 05:38 PM   #4
shiffrin

I created the new podcast request and it downloaded the latest episodes immediately. Download Manager seems to be treating it correctly so I guess I am OK.

I still can't delete 'Circuits' or the first 'All CNET HD Video Podcasts' but at least the second one is working fine.

I never tried creating a duplicate entry on the Tivo itself so that might have worked also. It certainly beats doing a 'clear and delete'
Old 11-28-2013, 09:58 PM   #5
AlmightyMooX

This gem of an issue appeared on one of my Premieres as well -- anyone have anything up their sleeve that wouldn't be as catastrophic as a clear and delete?

FWIW, I can't create a duplicate on the TiVo. I know at one time I could, but that was prior to the "Browse Web Videos" being removed. Now with everything integrated via search, since the "Season Pass" for the podcast (that I want to delete) exists, you cannot add another instance.

Frustrating -- to the point that after years of lurking, I made my first post.

Last edited by AlmightyMooX : 11-28-2013 at 10:17 PM.
AlmightyMooX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2013, 05:28 PM   #6
shiffrin

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlmightyMooX View Post
This gem of an issue appeared on one of my Premieres as well -- anyone have anything up their sleeve that wouldn't be as catastrophic as a clear and delete?

FWIW, I can't create a duplicate on the TiVo. I know at one time I could, but that was prior to the "Browse Web Videos" being removed. Now with everything integrated via search, since the "Season Pass" for the podcast (that I want to delete) exists, you cannot add another instance.

Frustrating -- to the point that after years of lurking, I made my first post.
Did you try what worked for me? - cerating the duplicate on Tivo.Com and waiting for the next connection to take it to your Tivo?