TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Help Center
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 11-16-2013, 06:07 PM   #1
burk

UFC PPV and Error V58

I picked up a Premiere TiVo about 4 months ago and for the first time today, I want to order a PPV event. When I switch to the Comcast PPV channel, I get the following error "This channel is not authorized. Contact your cable provider at 1-877-367-8486 for more information (V58)."

I've spoken to people at both TiVo and Comcast now and the final person I talked to at Comcast said that if I just order the event, the channel will work when the event starts. That's a little less than an hour from now and I'm not convinced this is going to work.

Has anyone else had this issue and is it really just a matter of having the program ordered and the channel will then work?

Thanks!
burk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2013, 10:51 PM   #2
AdamNJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by burk View Post
I picked up a Premiere TiVo about 4 months ago and for the first time today, I want to order a PPV event. When I switch to the Comcast PPV channel, I get the following error "This channel is not authorized. Contact your cable provider at 1-877-367-8486 for more information (V58)."

I've spoken to people at both TiVo and Comcast now and the final person I talked to at Comcast said that if I just order the event, the channel will work when the event starts. That's a little less than an hour from now and I'm not convinced this is going to work.

Has anyone else had this issue and is it really just a matter of having the program ordered and the channel will then work?

Thanks!

So, did it work?

on Cablevision Raritan Valley system (Central NJ)
w/ Cisco PKM803 CableCARD on firmware 1.5.3.1101

*** 2013 newbie to Tivo ***
AdamNJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2013, 09:23 AM   #3
ScaryMike

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdamNJ View Post
So, did it work?
I have had no luck getting PPV through tivo.

picture
ScaryMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2013, 10:13 AM   #4
tatergator1

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScaryMike View Post
I have had no luck getting PPV through tivo.

picture
Did you actually order that event over the phone from your cable co? On a Tivo, you won't see the typical info screens and options to order directly from the TV like you would with the cable co box. You can, however, order the event and the cable company systems should authorize that channel for that particular event.

I've never done it myself, but know others have done so successfully.
tatergator1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2013, 10:50 AM   #5
ScaryMike

Quote:
Originally Posted by tatergator1 View Post
Did you actually order that event over the phone from your cable co? On a Tivo, you won't see the typical info screens and options to order directly from the TV like you would with the cable co box. You can, however, order the event and the cable company systems should authorize that channel for that particular event.

I've never done it myself, but know others have done so successfully.
Yes, ordered over the phone.
ScaryMike is offline   Reply With Quote