TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Roamio DVRs
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 04-19-2016, 04:27 PM   #1
dcbarry

TivoHD -> Roamio+ Transfer Fails - Message 86

I've owned two TivoHDs for a small eternity, recently added a used Roamio Plus to the mix. I "enhanced" the Plus with 4GB drive.

Today I went to transfer shows from my TivoHDs. (Note: I've been able to transfer between the HDs, no issue). (Can see the HDs, good network, etc.)

But after a pause, every item a choose to transfer comes up with "Cant Watch..." error and the code--- message #86.

Against better judgement, I called Support. After a 10 minute consultation, the tech told me I cold not be helped, because of the hard drive upgrade. (Of course, he had to snakily add that it was too late to put the old drive back).

SO, curious --- does anyone know if this is in fact a real issue? Is Tivo truly checking for upgrades and refusing to transfer. Seems doubtful to me, since I can use tivo online to watch shows, and I can use external tool (kmttg) to push shows onto the Romio from the HD's shows in a two-step operation. (But frankly, I'd just as soon do a pull --easier for the wife and kids). I suspect it was just an easy way to end the call.

dcbarry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2016, 05:01 PM   #2
jrtroo
User

First thing to try with a tivo is to reboot all of the boxes at issue, including the router and switches.

Old 04-19-2016, 11:53 PM   #3
dcbarry

I should have made clear I did the reboots. I went as far as doing a clear and delete on the Roamio, since there was no loss to do so.

Old 04-20-2016, 04:37 AM   #4
lew

Where you ever able to MRV between your tivo HD and Roamio? Did you log into your tivo account and make sure you checked the option to allow MRV?

Edited to add its called video sharing.

lew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2016, 12:33 PM   #5
dcbarry

Yep -- video sharing and enable video Downloads are enabled on all 3 devices. (As seen and confirmed at the Tivo.com site).

The Roamio is new (to me and my account), so I have not had previous MVR sharing involding the Roamio. (The HDs continue to allow xfers between each other).

The new ugly wrinkle in all this (i'm going to post this to the mini sub-section): I just picked up a mini. Granted, 24 hours have not passed, but the tivo.com site did show the mini as actived as of this morning. But when I went to link the Mini to the Roamio, the Roamio was displayed but with the "NO" symbol in front -- i.e., prohibited to link. I did a restart again of bot h boxes, but that issue did not re mediate. (Had to get to work, so I haven't looked into further troubleshooting, but this is beginning to concern me that there maybe there is a blacklisting happening.)

Last edited by dcbarry; 04-20-2016 at 12:45 PM.
Old 04-20-2016, 08:31 PM   #6
lew

You bought a used unit and didn't bother testing it before upgrading the hard drive? 3T is install and let tivo do it's thing. 4T requires extra steps. Why don't you install the drive which came with your Roamio, clear and delete everything force some connections, wait a day or two and see what happens. Does your Roamio have the same media access key as your other units? Log on to tivo.com. Can you view programs on your PC using tivo online?

I wonder if the unit is partially on the previous owners account. Not sure how you can fix it without tivos help. I doubt your unit is blacklisted due to your upgrade. Could it be blacklisted if you didn't do it correctly and your unit is doing something weird when it connects? I doubt it. It does sound like your unit is blacklisted from a support standpoint. Not sure what you can do if you need tivo to finish transferring the unit to your account and tivo declines.

You may need to return the unit.

Edited to say..looks like you already used tivo online.

Last edited by lew; 04-20-2016 at 08:47 PM.
Old 04-21-2016, 05:50 PM   #7
lew

I think I had a similar problem. Turns out my router had given two different devices the same IP address. The tivos could see each other but couldn't transfer.