TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Roamio DVRs
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 11-27-2013, 08:11 AM   #1
tomhorsley

Duration of channel info display?

Is there any way to control the time that the overlay with the channel and program info stays on the screen when changing channels? Or even control the position? I hate that is always obscures the current score info that seems to be at the bottom of the screen right where the overlay sits on most sports broadcasts :-).
tomhorsley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2013, 08:25 AM   #2
steve614
what ru lookin at?

Check the Settings menu. On older Tivos, there is an option (Messages & Settings -> Settings -> Displays -> Channel Banner) that will clear the banner quickly.

As an alternative, you should be able to change the size of the banner. While the channel banner is on screen, press the right arrow button on the remote. This should cycle through the size options.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

F*CK CANCER!
steve614 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2013, 08:29 AM   #3
moyekj

The "clear banner quickly" option in settings has been removed in 20.3.x software. I don't think there's a way to change banner size anymore either using HDUI on series 4 and later units.
Cox - Motorola CableCards & TAs
Slingbox 350 via TiVo Mini & TiVo Stream for remote viewing

moyekj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2013, 08:38 AM   #4
steve614
what ru lookin at?

Really? That's ... interesting.

Just seems silly to remove an option that doesn't get in the way of anything else ... unless TiVo plans to use the channel banner for yet another ad.

F*CK CANCER!
steve614 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2013, 01:31 PM   #5
tomhorsley

I guess I could program my Harmony remote to send channel up (or down) followed by clear. Doesn't sound like there is anything I can change on the Roamio itself.
tomhorsley is offline   Reply With Quote