TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Roamio DVRs
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 02-07-2014, 11:43 PM   #1
eboydog
Just TiVo'ing.....

Can't create or transfer HD channels for season pass?

Any reason why I can't create a season pass using HD channels?

I just got my Roamio setup, cable card paired. all channels come in. I used the Tivo Season Pass manager to back everything up from my Premier so I thought all was good but I hadnt tried to put them on the Roamio.

So tonight I'm surfing and tune over to ScienceHD channel were Surviverman is on so I think, OK, I'm going to set a season pass to record it, when I do I notice the pass options that it's showing the channel as the SD channel, not the HD one (40 versus 742) so I double check to see and yes, I'm tuned to the HD channel so I back out and try it again, no luck only the SD channel will record a SP.

Thinking it might be a tuner problem, I go out to find Find TV, Movies & Videos and select search to find Survivorman and I find it, only for the SD channel (#40) yet in the search it had a little "HD" yet it will not let me change the SP to the HD channel??!?!?

SO.....

I go online to the season pass manager, I can select the season pass from my Premier (were I have existing HD season passes for several HD channel and I select them to be put over to my new Roamio Tivo... Well, it works but all the season passes got converted to their SD channel equivalent!!

What good is this if I can't create a Season Pass using my HD channels?? What am I missing?? BTW - If create a wishlist and using "Survivorman" and select HD channels only, I get no results.

This a screencap of what the online pass manager at Tivo.com shows (and don't make fun of my "hick" season passes ...) The SD channels shown are the lower double digit channels, the HD are the three digit channels were this pic shows the online manager transfered them to SD!

Any ideas?? Is this something from my cable company provided guide restriction of some type?
TiVo Premiere

Last edited by eboydog : 02-08-2014 at 08:37 AM.
eboydog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2014, 02:52 AM   #2
ThAbtO
TiVoholic by the bay

Go to your channels list under settings menu and un-select those SD channel equivalents .

~~~~~

The TiVo Apocalypse begins on Sat 2013 Feb 16 00:00 GMT!
ThAbtO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2014, 08:32 AM   #3
eboydog
Just TiVo'ing.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThAbtO View Post
Go to your channels list under settings menu and un-select those SD channel equivalents .
I will try that for testing, but shouldn't I be able to select SD or HD channels when I create a season pass? This was how it works on both my old HD and my existing Premier Tivo.

A season pass I transferred did in fact last night record the SD channel instead of the HD which isn't what I want since after all, what good is having this huge recording capacity if I can't use it.

There are at times were I do want a season pass to record a SD channel when it's HD is on another channel for content such as the older twilight zones that weren't created in HD.
TiVo Premiere

Old 02-08-2014, 09:34 AM   #4
eboydog
Just TiVo'ing.....

It's behaving differently now, perhaps it had to get a better guide data? After waiting overnight, I can now create season passes and chose the channel (SD or HD) were before I couldn't. I don't have that many, I will have to delete the ones I transfered online and recreate them but as I had a small Premier, it's not a big problem.

All I can guess is that it needed time to either process all the guide data or receive more of the guide data with corresponding channels? Weird!
TiVo Premiere