TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Series3 HDTV DVRs
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 11-08-2013, 09:09 PM   #1
sdsvtdriver

Live TV sometimes delayed

Sorry for the bad title, couldn't find a way to summarize this properly.

At times, when I turn on TV, the DVR is showing programming from 30 minutes ago on the already tuned station. For instance, I put on a basketball game last night and started watching it. After a bit I realized the game should be over by that time and paused the DVR and the marker was at the beginning of the 30 minute buffer. If I changed the channel and went back, then it was up to date.

Anyone know why this happens?
sdsvtdriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2013, 11:29 PM   #2
unitron

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdsvtdriver View Post
Sorry for the bad title, couldn't find a way to summarize this properly.

At times, when I turn on TV, the DVR is showing programming from 30 minutes ago on the already tuned station. For instance, I put on a basketball game last night and started watching it. After a bit I realized the game should be over by that time and paused the DVR and the marker was at the beginning of the 30 minute buffer. If I changed the channel and went back, then it was up to date.

Anyone know why this happens?
Somebody sat on the remote or the cat was playing with it or something triggered the TiVo to rewind on that channel, which it did until it got to the beginning of the 30 minute cache, and at that point it quit backing up and started moving forward again at a rate of one second per second.

And that was the state in which you found it, on that tuner, but when you channel changed that tuner it dumped the cache and started caching the new channel, and when you changed back it dumped that cache and started caching the original channel again.

At least that's my guess.

"I am altering the deal. Pray I don't alter it any further."

Darth TiVo, 14 February, 2011
unitron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2013, 09:08 AM   #3
steve614
what ru lookin at?

I have seen this happen every once in a blue moon. No idea what causes it.

In a similar vein, I have also seen the buffer freeze. You turn on the TV and it looks like the Tivo is paused. You can FF and RW through the buffer, but no new content is being recorded. Last time it happened, the buffer was off by 3 hours.

Of course, changing the channel resolves the issue. Weird stuff...

FWIW, OTA only user here.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

F*CK CANCER!
steve614 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2013, 10:01 PM   #4
sdsvtdriver

Same thing happened today. Turned on the tv and the dvr was already on the right channel. As I'm watching, it dawns in me the game seems to be starting late and I hit pause to see it is at the end of the buffer, 30 minutes behind.

So bizarre.
sdsvtdriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2013, 08:00 AM   #5
steve614
what ru lookin at?

If you usually leave the remote sitting in range of the Tivo when your not using it, try changing the batteries. I have read that remotes can do some strange things when its power gets low.

Also, do you have any CFL bulbs in the same room as the Tivo?
I have read about those causing IR interference.

That eliminates two possibilities...

F*CK CANCER!
steve614 is offline   Reply With Quote