TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Roamio DVRs
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 11-09-2013, 11:28 AM   #1
ufo4sale

Multiple Roamio buit in stream

If I own multiple Roamio built in stream, Is there a way to choose which TiVo i want to connected to in order to watch tv/movies from? If not does it list all the shows on multiple TiVo's at the same time?
Old 11-09-2013, 12:13 PM   #2
Dan203
Super Moderator

You can choose which Stream to use in the setup of the iOS app. The TiVo the show is on does not matter. Any Stream can be used to watch any show on any TiVo attached to your network. It does not have to use the Stream that is inside the box the show was recorded on.
Dan203 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2013, 06:09 PM   #3
ufo4sale

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan203 View Post
You can choose which Stream to use in the setup of the iOS app. The TiVo the show is on does not matter. Any Stream can be used to watch any show on any TiVo attached to your network. It does not have to use the Stream that is inside the box the show was recorded on.
This is a huge help now I can buy a TiVo stream and I don't have to choose which TiVo to put it on since it doesn't matter. If i'm understanding you correctly that is.
Old 11-10-2013, 05:26 AM   #4
Dan203
Super Moderator

If you buy a Roamio Plus ir Pro it has a Stream built in so you don't need a separate one. Even the built in Stream in a Roamio Plus/Pro can stream shows from any Premier or Roamio on your network. If you have a Roamio basic then you'll need the standalone one. In that case you can put it anywhere on your network and it'll be able to stream shows from any Roamio or Premiere on your network. A single stream can stream up with 4 shows simultaneously, from a single TiVo or multiple TiVos.
Dan203 is offline   Reply With Quote