TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > TiVo TV Talk > Now Playing - TV Show Talk
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 12-10-2013, 11:07 PM   #151
Rob Helmerichs
I am Groot!

That was...eventful.

I thought Juice was going to take the fall for Tara and Roosevelt, but I guess not...
Old 12-10-2013, 11:11 PM   #152
zordude
WDW Fan

TC CLUB MEMBER
Too bad Juice didn't kill Gemma, and himself.
Old 12-10-2013, 11:17 PM   #153
Kamakzie
Are you serious bro?

WOW! So will Jax be blamed for her and the Sheriff's death?
Old 12-10-2013, 11:22 PM   #154
Langree
The Gimp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamakzie View Post
Doubt it.
Old 12-11-2013, 12:51 AM   #155
Kamakzie
Are you serious bro?

When I BBQ next summer I'll think of Tara
Old 12-11-2013, 01:57 AM   #156
danielhart
Nerp Nerp

Here is a condensed version of tonight's finale:

Fonzie jumps the shark
You need to upgrade your Flash Player

danielhart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2013, 02:00 AM   #157
danielhart
Nerp Nerp

The writing on this was just so bad. They are mailing it in at this point. Not as bad as Dexter, but getting there.
Old 12-11-2013, 08:24 AM   #158
rimler

Quote:
Originally Posted by danielhart View Post
The writing on this was just so bad. They are mailing it in at this point. Not as bad as Dexter, but getting there.
Quit watching. Go away.
rimler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2013, 08:34 AM   #159
TIVO_GUY_HERE
I miss the ocean

Jax killed the bird!!!!!!! ok, I'm out------------------
TIVO_GUY_HERE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2013, 08:55 AM   #160
Shaunnick

Its not like several of us did not want this to happen. Although as with Clay, this was a character I wanted dead and Sutter had managed to make me feel sorry for her first.
Shaunnick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2013, 11:50 AM   #161
danielhart
Nerp Nerp

Quote:
Originally Posted by rimler View Post
Quit watching. Go away.
excuse me?

This is a discussion board - and we are here to express opinions and not to de facto tell someone to eff off if we disagree.

I have watched every ep of all six seasons of this show - and will watch the final season. And will reserve the right to judge it and talk about it, thank you very much.
Old 12-11-2013, 11:59 AM   #162
danielhart
Nerp Nerp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaunnick View Post
Its not like several of us did not want this to happen. Although as with Clay, this was a character I wanted dead and Sutter had managed to make me feel sorry for her first.
Hey Shaun - sup, GB? My issue wasn't with Tara getting whacked (that scene itself was epic) - it was the manner in which we got there. Sutter using the same tired, lazy, and implausible plot devices like stupid Wayne blabbing bad info to Gemma (info he never would have had anyways - like her lawyer is really going to call him to dig up old files) and then deciding he needs to stop her from driving and then falling for her "I need my meds" ruse while leaving his keys right on the counter?

And worse than that is Tara ending up in that public park with the kids to meet with the lawyer so he could give her 30 seconds of info he could have simply given to her over the phone? This is the action of a mother fearing for her life and trying to protect her kids from an MC she knows will be turning over every rock trying to find her? The same MC that already flipped her last lawyer? Seriously?
Old 12-11-2013, 12:31 PM   #163
cheesesteak
Meh.

Now I feel bad for Tara. Damn you, tv gods!

Tara meeting her lawyer in the park was dumb beyond stupid but every tv show I've watched (other than The Wire) has characters behaving in stupidly illogical ways.

Jax dropped his gun at the murder scene but a simple ballistics test will exonerate him of Roosevelt's murder. In all honesty, I was sadder at Roosevelt getting killed than Tara.

I guess Juice killing Roosevelt was part of a long plan to close off the loop of Roosevelt blackmailing Juice about his ethnicity. Then again, Juice cleaning up after Gemma kinda frames Jax.

I don't understand at all the deal with the Mayans killing Marks' gun delivery guys. Yeah, you stole one batch of guns but you'll never be able to buy another shipment from Marks. Why would you start a war before a war needed to get started?

At least there'll be less drama about Jax's kids next season unless Wendy does something(s) stupid.

A Cheesesteak always pays its debts
cheesesteak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2013, 01:11 PM   #164
Langree
The Gimp

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheesesteak View Post

I guess Juice killing Roosevelt was part of a long plan to close off the loop of Roosevelt blackmailing Juice about his ethnicity. Then again, Juice cleaning up after Gemma kinda frames Jax.
Well, he also disposed of the fork and iron, so I think any framing of Jax would be short lived.

You'll notice the homeless lady saw Juice leave the ally too.
Old 12-11-2013, 01:34 PM   #165
cheesesteak
Meh.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Langree View Post
Well, he also disposed of the fork and iron, so I think any framing of Jax would be short lived.

You'll notice the homeless lady saw Juice leave the ally too.
Juice is so dumb that he probably disposed of the fork and iron in dumpsters across the street.

Just thinking... Is there any way to pin Tara's murder on Wendy?

Prison transport guy killed. Roosevelt killed. Roosevelt's wife killed. Local and regional law enforcement should want to mow SAMCRO down.

Old 12-11-2013, 02:29 PM   #166
Shaunnick

Quote:
Hey Shaun - sup, GB? My issue wasn't with Tara getting whacked (that scene itself was epic) - it was the manner in which we got there. Sutter using the same tired, lazy, and implausible plot devices like stupid Wayne blabbing bad info to Gemma (info he never would have had anyways - like her lawyer is really going to call him to dig up old files) and then deciding he needs to stop her from driving and then falling for her "I need my meds" ruse while leaving his keys right on the counter?

And worse than that is Tara ending up in that public park with the kids to meet with the lawyer so he could give her 30 seconds of info he could have simply given to her over the phone? This is the action of a mother fearing for her life and trying to protect her kids from an MC she knows will be turning over every rock trying to find her? The same MC that already flipped her last lawyer? Seriously?
Yo.

I had no issue with your point, man. My statement was more a comment on the shocked commenters. We got what we wanted (well some of us did) but by the point we did, dare I say, we wanted Jax and Tara to figure it all out and live happily ever after. So seeing her finally get it in the end I felt awful for Jax, but more awful for Tara.

I will agree with your point on her decision to meet at the park, though. The lawyer may not have known better, but Tara should have. It is something like that that so aggravates me about the character. I lay that on the writers also. Unlike most of the Tara haters, I hate the character for how she is written, not how Maggie Siff portrays her. Oy.

And for some reason I keep having flashbacks of Tig getting licked in the face by that dog. Makes me smile and inwardly laugh every time.
Shaunnick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2013, 04:03 PM   #167
danielhart
Nerp Nerp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaunnick View Post
Yo.

I had no issue with your point, man. My statement was more a comment on the shocked commenters. We got what we wanted (well some of us did) but by the point we did, dare I say, we wanted Jax and Tara to figure it all out and live happily ever after. So seeing her finally get it in the end I felt awful for Jax, but more awful for Tara.

I will agree with your point on her decision to meet at the park, though. The lawyer may not have known better, but Tara should have. It is something like that that so aggravates me about the character. I lay that on the writers also. Unlike most of the Tara haters, I hate the character for how she is written, not how Maggie Siff portrays her. Oy.

And for some reason I keep having flashbacks of Tig getting licked in the face by that dog. Makes me smile and inwardly laugh every time.
ioh i'm jess shootin the sh=t

still waiting on u to come play at pack btw
Old 12-11-2013, 06:39 PM   #168
hummingbird_206

Quote:
Originally Posted by TIVO_GUY_HERE View Post
Jax killed the bird!!!!!!! ok, I'm out------------------
That's the only death that saddened me.
hummingbird_206 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2013, 06:59 PM   #169
markz
Hilarity Ensues

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheesesteak View Post
Juice had to kill Roosevelt because Rockmund Dunbar is a series regular on The Mentalist now. Actually, I don't know if he got the new job because he was losing this one, or he lost this one for the new one.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
markz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2013, 07:38 PM   #170
TIVO_GUY_HERE
I miss the ocean

Quote:
Originally Posted by markz View Post
Juice had to kill Roosevelt because Rockmund Dunbar is a series regular on The Mentalist now. Actually, I don't know if he got the new job because he was losing this one, or he lost this one for the new one.

I was watching The Mentalist, with family over Thanksgiving ( I haven't watched it since the 2nd season) And I said.. "oh that guy is a cop on SOA too" thinking they probably don't film at same time, but this explains it.
TIVO_GUY_HERE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2013, 07:44 PM   #171
hummingbird_206

I had never viewed Anarchyafterword before. Kind of interesting.
hummingbird_206 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2013, 08:18 PM   #172
markz
Hilarity Ensues

Quote:
Originally Posted by hummingbird_206 View Post
I had never viewed Anarchyafterword before. Kind of interesting.
I did not like Chris Franjola as the host of this. Didn't seem like enough of a nerd fan of the show. Or at least didn't seem very good at hosting.

I do like him on Chelsea Lately.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
markz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2013, 08:37 PM   #173
phox_mulder
I get paid 2watch TV

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamakzie View Post
Initially, of course.

Then they'll do ballistics on the gun found at the Lieutenants feet and it won't be a match, gun that actually killed him is not in the house, then notice the weapon that killed Tara is nowhere to be found and realize there is no way Jax would dispose of the evidence, then come back to be found at the scene knowing full well the DA and her lackeys are going to show up at 6pm.

As to whether anything said in the discussing of the "deal" is admissible or not, I doubt it and they'll not be able to hold him for anything after some basic CSI work.

phox

TiVo S3-65 HD Hours-Lifetime
TiVo HD 20 HD Hours
DirecTV HR21-700 80+ HD Hours
DirecTV HR20-100 80+ HD Hours
Harmony 880 Remote Control
phox_mulder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2013, 08:43 PM   #174
phox_mulder
I get paid 2watch TV

Quote:
Sutter using the same tired, lazy, and implausible plot devices like stupid Wayne blabbing bad info to Gemma (info he never would have had anyways - like her lawyer is really going to call him to dig up old files) and then deciding he needs to stop her from driving and then falling for her "I need my meds" ruse while leaving his keys right on the counter?
Unser was Chief of Police during the time crimes Tara would have been telling the DA about in order to be able to use RICO were being committed, so it makes a lot of sense that the lawyer would contact him for old files to corroborate Tara's claims.
Although, unbeknownst to the lawyer, Unser more than likely "lost" any files concerning the MC, as he was known to be in their pocket for most of his term as Chief.

phox

TiVo S3-65 HD Hours-Lifetime
TiVo HD 20 HD Hours
DirecTV HR21-700 80+ HD Hours
DirecTV HR20-100 80+ HD Hours
Harmony 880 Remote Control
phox_mulder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2013, 09:07 PM   #175
danielhart
Nerp Nerp

Quote:
Originally Posted by phox_mulder View Post
Unser was Chief of Police during the time crimes Tara would have been telling the DA about in order to be able to use RICO were being committed, so it makes a lot of sense that the lawyer would contact him for old files to corroborate Tara's claims.
Although, unbeknownst to the lawyer, Unser more than likely "lost" any files concerning the MC, as he was known to be in their pocket for most of his term as Chief.

phox
There were no claims to corroborate. Tara was being given immunity for the death of the nurse at the prison. Jax was going to admit to supplying the gun the kid used in the school shooting. Both of these things happened long after unser retired

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2
Old 12-11-2013, 09:09 PM   #176
TonyTheTiger
Pro Troll Magnet

Isn't The Mentalist ending after this season?

Yeah, more corn than a thanksgiving dinner, but fun corn, too!

Wayne falling for the old "get my pills' routine after leaving his keys on the counter...Yeah right.

Roosevelt "going outside to wait"? Yeah right!

Not realizing that Gemma (or at least someone) was in the house? Yeah right!

Hands up anyone who did NOT thing Tara was about to die just after she laughed. Anyone? Bueler?

Didn't see Roosevelt's death coming, I must admit, but I knew something had to happen to stop Jax going away.
Old 12-11-2013, 09:15 PM   #177
Rob Helmerichs
I am Groot!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyTheTiger View Post
Isn't The Mentalist ending after this season?
People keep saying that, but I think it's a game of telephone stemming from the news that the Red John case was going to be resolved this season. I've never heard that the show itself is scheduled to end any time soon.
Old 12-11-2013, 10:34 PM   #178
midas
I heard that

There was an amazing amount of stupid in this episode. But let's remember, most of these folks are thugs and cretins. They aren't really rocket scientists. I do think Roosevelt staying outside was out of character stupid. But the rest, not so much.
midas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2013, 10:36 PM   #179
gossamer88
HDTV Snob

Quote:
Originally Posted by markz View Post
I did not like Chris Franjola as the host of this. Didn't seem like enough of a nerd fan of the show. Or at least didn't seem very good at hosting.

I do like him on Chelsea Lately.
I've never heard of him I and I hope I never see him again. Makes Chris Hardwick look like a real pro!
gossamer88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2013, 05:02 AM   #180
cheesesteak
Meh.

Isn't Jax a convicted felon? It's the least of his worries right now but he'll have some splainin' to do about why he had a gun.

Now I'm wondering if Nero will somehow be blamed for killing Tara as revenge for Jax ordering Darvany's death. I'm 99.9999999999999999% sure that Gemma won't be suspected until almost the end of next season. I need a time machine.

Last edited by cheesesteak : 12-12-2013 at 06:48 AM.