TiVo Community
TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > TiVo TV Talk > Now Playing - TV Show Talk
TiVo Community
Reply
Forum Jump
 
Thread Tools
Old 12-05-2013, 04:59 AM   #121
Gary McCoy
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: San Jose, CA
Posts: 1,438
Quote:
Originally Posted by Langree View Post
Only one person in this discussion has lost perspective.
They killed at least a dozen people tonight. The body count is over a hundred now by my estimation. Charming is the murder capital of the USA.

Anybody still defending Jax, anybody that feels sympathy for the SOA, has lost perspective. They are murderous thugs, criminals, gun runners, gangsters, and all around bad people.

By the way, the thing that rings the most false of all, is that the SOA are the only outlaw motorcycle gang in the world who are not racial bigots. This is 100% politically correct and totally unbelievable. In the real world the Sons, the Bizlats, and the Blacks from Oakland would all be locked in racial conflict and if a member of a different color gang went into another gang territory, they would be murdered for the crime of being the wrong color. Odd that the show gets this correct for the prison episodes, and wrong for life outside. Obviously a conscious choice to be PC.
__________________
Gary
The Vandals are inside the gates. They are texting.
Gary McCoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2013, 06:23 AM   #122
cheesesteak
Meh.
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: 15 mins from Philly
Posts: 25,555
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary McCoy View Post
By the way, the thing that rings the most false of all, is that the SOA are the only outlaw motorcycle gang in the world who are not racial bigots. This is 100% politically correct and totally unbelievable. In the real world the Sons, the Bizlats, and the Blacks from Oakland would all be locked in racial conflict and if a member of a different color gang went into another gang territory, they would be murdered for the crime of being the wrong color. Odd that the show gets this correct for the prison episodes, and wrong for life outside. Obviously a conscious choice to be PC.
What gang are you from? Are you Clay Morrow's brother in law?
__________________

A Cheesesteak always pays its debts
cheesesteak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2013, 07:09 AM   #123
TonyTheTiger
Pro Troll Magnet
 
TonyTheTiger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 12,098
Quote:
Originally Posted by cheesesteak View Post
What planet are you from? Are you Clay Morrow's brother in law?
FIFY.

Anyone trying to compare a TV drama ABOUT a motorcycle gang with real-life morality is probably not of this world!


The scene with Juice and Nero was intense! Jimmy Smits, if you didn't know it before, is a great actor. He said more without words than most characters can say in a whole season! I think it probably made his (Nero's) decision 100 times easier.
__________________
"YOU! YES YOU! STAND STILL, LADDIE"
"How can you have any pudding if you don't eat your meat?"
TonyTheTiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2013, 07:52 AM   #124
VegasVic
Craps Player
 
VegasVic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: The Craps Table
Posts: 3,074
Quote:
Originally Posted by cheesesteak View Post
"This show contains nudity" Yeah, sure. Juice's butt. Got my hopes up for nothing.
Same here, I kept waiting and waiting for the nudity and then.... Juice.
__________________
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'. - Bob Newhart.
VegasVic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2013, 08:25 AM   #125
Rob Helmerichs
I am Groot!
 
Rob Helmerichs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Location: Minneapolis
Posts: 31,440
Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyTheTiger View Post
The scene with Juice and Nero was intense! Jimmy Smits, if you didn't know it before, is a great actor. He said more without words than most characters can say in a whole season! I think it probably made his (Nero's) decision 100 times easier.
The scene with Nero and Jax was even better, IMO. You could almost see the many conflicting threads of Nero's thoughts, without a word being spoken.
__________________
“This is the moment of truth. Are you my friend, or are you some bloodsucking network vampire?”
“Why do I have to pick one or the other?”
Rob Helmerichs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2013, 08:50 AM   #126
cheesesteak
Meh.
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: 15 mins from Philly
Posts: 25,555
Funny. I have been thinking for the last handful of episodes that Smits is the best actor on the show. Nero is now a first string cast member but SoA has an impressive bullpen of established actors who come in and do great jobs. This season alone has had Donal Logue, Peter Weller, Kim Dickens, CCH Pounder, Rockmond Dunbar, Walton Goggins.

I agree with Nero's guy. Being associated with the Sons brings more trouble than it's worth.

What do CCH Pounder's friends call her, CCH?
__________________

A Cheesesteak always pays its debts
cheesesteak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2013, 08:51 AM   #127
TonyTheTiger
Pro Troll Magnet
 
TonyTheTiger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 12,098
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Helmerichs View Post
The scene with Nero and Jax was even better, IMO. You could almost see the many conflicting threads of Nero's thoughts, without a word being spoken.
I think that was awesome too, but better? No. Certainly equal to it, but I wouldn't say better. Personal choice, I guess.

Can't wait to see where it's going. In a sub-par season, it's a shining light, IMHO.
__________________
"YOU! YES YOU! STAND STILL, LADDIE"
"How can you have any pudding if you don't eat your meat?"
TonyTheTiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2013, 08:56 AM   #128
Rob Helmerichs
I am Groot!
 
Rob Helmerichs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Location: Minneapolis
Posts: 31,440
Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyTheTiger View Post
I think that was awesome too, but better? No. Certainly equal to it, but I wouldn't say better. Personal choice, I guess.
I'd only say "better" because in the Juice scene, it was all spelled out...Juice was saying things, and Nero was responding (silently, but we already knew what he was responding to). In the Jax scene, everything that happened, happened on Smits's face. He had no help from the dialog. So not necessarily a better scene, but more demanding acting.
__________________
“This is the moment of truth. Are you my friend, or are you some bloodsucking network vampire?”
“Why do I have to pick one or the other?”
Rob Helmerichs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2013, 09:17 AM   #129
midas
I heard that
 
midas's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2000
Location: Montgomery, IL USA
Posts: 9,216
When Lin was laying on the ground after he was shot but before they finally killed him off, I would have loved if he had said his famous line from Deadwood. Would have been hilarious.
midas is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2013, 12:44 PM   #130
Beryl
Registered User
 
Beryl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Texas
Posts: 3,936
Quote:
Originally Posted by cheesesteak View Post
Funny. I have been thinking for the last handful of episodes that Smits is the best actor on the show. Nero is now a first string cast member but SoA has an impressive bullpen of established actors who come in and do great jobs. This season alone has had Donal Logue, Peter Weller, Kim Dickens, CCH Pounder, Rockmond Dunbar, Walton Goggins.

I agree with Nero's guy. Being associated with the Sons brings more trouble than it's worth.
All of this.

When Nero went all gangsta in an earlier episode, I was like -- whoa! Smits is doing a great job playing a guy who now really wants to stay out of that life. I'm sorry his real-life wife's character died so early in the series.

(He is also GORGEOUS!!!! Lawd, Lawd. )
__________________
HD XL
Premiere
Beryl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2013, 03:52 PM   #131
JLucPicard
Registered User
 
JLucPicard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: West St. Paul - Viking Country
Posts: 3,335
TC CLUB MEMBER
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beryl View Post
I'm sorry his real-life wife's character died so early in the series.
I don't keep up on those things - who is his real-life wife?
JLucPicard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2013, 04:08 PM   #132
Fahtrim
Registered User
 
Fahtrim's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Missouri
Posts: 689
any good reason why Tara didn't just go witsec?? Seems really stoooooooppppid
Fahtrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2013, 04:13 PM   #133
Langree
The Gimp
 
Langree's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Spring, TX
Posts: 16,757
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fahtrim View Post
any good reason why Tara didn't just go witsec?? Seems really stoooooooppppid
because she does love Jax, and does care about the MC. She just doesn't want her kids around it.
__________________
The TOS for the Internet clearly notes there will be people who display their ignorance without giving any warning and indeed are likely unaware they are displaying their ignorance for all to see.
Langree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2013, 05:04 PM   #134
Beryl
Registered User
 
Beryl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Texas
Posts: 3,936
Quote:
Originally Posted by JLucPicard View Post
I don't keep up on those things - who is his real-life wife?
Wanda De Jesus


__________________
HD XL
Premiere
Beryl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2013, 05:25 PM   #135
Rob Helmerichs
I am Groot!
 
Rob Helmerichs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Location: Minneapolis
Posts: 31,440
Quote:
Originally Posted by Langree View Post
because she does love Jax, and does care about the MC. She just doesn't want her kids around it.
Yeah, I think she was ready to do it, until she and Jax had their little moment.

Now she's abandoning the second-dumbest plan ever in favor of the dumbest plan ever.
__________________
“This is the moment of truth. Are you my friend, or are you some bloodsucking network vampire?”
“Why do I have to pick one or the other?”
Rob Helmerichs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2013, 10:06 AM   #136
goblue97
Hoke-amania
 
goblue97's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Michigan
Posts: 4,177
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Helmerichs View Post
Now she's abandoning the second-dumbest plan ever in favor of the dumbest plan ever.
Which is?
goblue97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2013, 10:11 AM   #137
Rob Helmerichs
I am Groot!
 
Rob Helmerichs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Location: Minneapolis
Posts: 31,440
Quote:
Originally Posted by goblue97 View Post
Which is?
Running. So instead of just having the Sons after her, she'll have the Sons and the Feds after her.
__________________
“This is the moment of truth. Are you my friend, or are you some bloodsucking network vampire?”
“Why do I have to pick one or the other?”
Rob Helmerichs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2013, 11:17 AM   #138
cheesesteak
Meh.
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: 15 mins from Philly
Posts: 25,555
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Helmerichs View Post
Running. So instead of just having the Sons after her, she'll have the Sons and the Feds after her.
With no job and no money. Maybe she should hide out at Wendy's house. Wendy's not using it. Wendy seems to not have a job.
__________________

A Cheesesteak always pays its debts
cheesesteak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2013, 04:49 PM   #139
uncdrew
Annie 2.0
 
uncdrew's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Down South
Posts: 50,789
Quote:
Originally Posted by cheesesteak View Post
With no job and no money. Maybe she should hide out at Wendy's house. Wendy's not using it. Wendy seems to not have a job.
She's a doctor. Easy to get a job.

D'oh.
uncdrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2013, 05:12 PM   #140
Langree
The Gimp
 
Langree's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Spring, TX
Posts: 16,757
Quote:
Originally Posted by uncdrew View Post
She's a doctor. Easy to get a job.

D'oh.
Noy with her pending court case and other events of record it's not.
__________________
The TOS for the Internet clearly notes there will be people who display their ignorance without giving any warning and indeed are likely unaware they are displaying their ignorance for all to see.
Langree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2013, 06:03 PM   #141
gchance
4 8 15 16 23 42
 
gchance's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Olivehurst, CA
Posts: 12,633
Quote:
Originally Posted by cheesesteak View Post
What do CCH Pounder's friends call her, CCH?
Probably Carol.

Greg
__________________
"Too bad she died, would have been an excellent companion." - Anubys

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

5k:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
10k:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
13.1M
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
26.2M
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
gchance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2013, 07:51 PM   #142
uncdrew
Annie 2.0
 
uncdrew's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Down South
Posts: 50,789
Quote:
Originally Posted by Langree View Post
Noy with her pending court case and other events of record it's not.
Yeah, that's what I meant by the D'oh. Almost like she'll realize that obvious fact any minute now.


Because I have no idea how she thinks she'll be buying diapers two months from now.
uncdrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2013, 07:57 PM   #143
Edmund
Remote Czar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Ca
Posts: 5,177
Isn't part of Jax deal with DA is to drop the charges on the wife?
Edmund is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2013, 08:09 PM   #144
Rob Helmerichs
I am Groot!
 
Rob Helmerichs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Location: Minneapolis
Posts: 31,440
Quote:
Originally Posted by Edmund View Post
Isn't part of Jax deal with DA is to drop the charges on the wife?
Yeah, and I kept waiting for him to tell her that. But he never did.

See, that's why communication is so IMPORTANT to a successful marriage.
__________________
“This is the moment of truth. Are you my friend, or are you some bloodsucking network vampire?”
“Why do I have to pick one or the other?”
Rob Helmerichs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2013, 11:33 AM   #145
rimler
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Posts: 142
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Helmerichs View Post
Yeah, and I kept waiting for him to tell her that. But he never did.

See, that's why communication is so IMPORTANT to a successful marriage.
And a reasonably written television show.
rimler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2013, 06:53 PM   #146
Fahtrim
Registered User
 
Fahtrim's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Missouri
Posts: 689
Quote:
Originally Posted by rimler View Post
And a reasonably written television show.
but The Wire and Breaking Bad are both over......
Fahtrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2013, 06:44 PM   #147
hummingbird_206
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Near Seattle, WA
Posts: 6,709
I loved it when Gemma said to OD'ing Juice, "OK baby, you bite me, I'll rip your tongue out." Then she sticks her fingers down his throat. Like her or not, Gemma is one tough broad.

So glad that Clay is dead. He deserved to die. But I'm going to miss him. Now if they'd kill Tara, I would not miss her.

What was with the "I'm your Mom" confession from Wendy? As if that little boy isn't screwed enough?

"You are my sunshine" was the season finale? Bummer.
hummingbird_206 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2013, 07:00 PM   #148
JLucPicard
Registered User
 
JLucPicard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: West St. Paul - Viking Country
Posts: 3,335
TC CLUB MEMBER
Quote:
Originally Posted by hummingbird_206 View Post
"You are my sunshine" was the season finale? Bummer.
Season Finale ("A Mother's Work) is tomorrow night. It's a 2 hour episode.
JLucPicard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2013, 07:37 PM   #149
hummingbird_206
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Near Seattle, WA
Posts: 6,709
Quote:
Originally Posted by JLucPicard View Post
Season Finale ("A Mother's Work) is tomorrow night. It's a 2 hour episode.
Oh, YAY! Thanks for letting me know!!
hummingbird_206 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2013, 10:56 PM   #150
Langree
The Gimp
 
Langree's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Spring, TX
Posts: 16,757
Holy ****!
__________________
The TOS for the Internet clearly notes there will be people who display their ignorance without giving any warning and indeed are likely unaware they are displaying their ignorance for all to see.
Langree is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply
Forum Jump




Thread Tools


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Advertisements

TiVo Community
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
vBulletin Skins by: Relivo Media

(C) 2013 Magenium Solutions - All Rights Reserved. No information may be posted elsewhere without written permission.
TiVo® is a registered trademark of TiVo Inc. This site is not owned or operated by TiVo Inc.
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:50 AM.
OUR NETWORK: MyOpenRouter | TechLore | SansaCommunity | RoboCommunity | MediaSmart Home | Explore3DTV | Dijit Community | DVR Playground |