TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > TiVo TV Talk > Now Playing - TV Show Talk
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 11-22-2013, 09:38 AM   #91
Timbeau

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheesesteak View Post
Jax said he didn't want any cops killed. One cop/guard was killed so the break was botched. This is a tv show with another season to run so SAMCRO will escape relatively unscathed but the DA pretty much knows that SAMCRO was involved. Because one of their own was killed, law enforcement shouldn't rest until arrests are made. I can't remember his name but Peter Weller's character shouldn't be too happy with the gang either.
Exactly. Since they delivered Galen and the guns their immunity for anything related to guns would be in effect, the only thing outstanding would have been breaking Clay out, but since Clay was found soon after, it's reasonable to expect (in SOAworld) that the police wouldn't pursue that too heavily. But, a cop was killed and even in SOAworld, this has to be addressed.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
-- visionary
Timbeau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2013, 05:12 PM   #92
Gary McCoy

Quote:
Originally Posted by uncdrew View Post
He only kills bad guys.
But this is the United States of America, where one is presumed innocent until proven guilty in a court of law, is furthermore entitled to a trial by a jury of your peers, and can only be executed after due process.

Jax is a murdering criminal who deserves the death penalty himself. After a trial, and after a jury finds him guilty. We know he is guilty, because we have seen him commit those crimes on screen.

Get over this, the writers made a deliberate decision to take the character in this direction, after the first few seasons when he was just a little bit bent.

Hopefully you are rooting for law and order now, and for the SOA to be disbanded and imprisoned as an outlaw motorcycle gang.
Old 11-23-2013, 05:35 PM   #93
rimler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary McCoy View Post

Hopefully you are rooting for law and order now, and for the SOA to be disbanded and imprisoned as an outlaw motorcycle gang.
Nope.
rimler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2013, 05:49 PM   #94
uncdrew
Annie 2.0

Quote:
Originally Posted by rimler View Post
Nope.
Not even close. I want SOA to prosper.
uncdrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2013, 08:07 PM   #95
Langree
The Gimp

Quote:
But this is the United States of America, where one is presumed innocent until proven guilty in a court of law, is furthermore entitled to a trial by a jury of your peers, and can only be executed after due process.

Jax is a murdering criminal who deserves the death penalty himself. After a trial, and after a jury finds him guilty. We know he is guilty, because we have seen him commit those crimes on screen.

Get over this, the writers made a deliberate decision to take the character in this direction, after the first few seasons when he was just a little bit bent.

You realize it's a TV show right? If it were real I would have grown up in Charming. (Seriously, the geographic info they give on it puts it as the town I grew up in).

Sometimes it's ok to root for the bad guy. Just like The Shield.
Old 11-23-2013, 11:28 PM   #96
Gary McCoy

I am familiar with anti-heros, ever since my comic book days. But as an adult, I watched The Sopranos, The Shield, Breaking Bad, and SOA all without identifying with or rooting for the main character - at least after his true nature became clear. Because morality is not relative, it is absolute.

The shows were entertaining, without rooting for a criminal.
Old 11-23-2013, 11:57 PM   #97
Langree
The Gimp

You can't be real.
Old 11-24-2013, 03:11 AM   #98
Gary McCoy

I am real and if the SOA MC doesn't get busted, I'll be disappointed.

Are you really rooting for a multiple murderer, who is responsible for a school shooting where several kids died, and has committed multiple other crimes as he killed approximately two dozen people in five seasons?

In any case, we are coming to the end of the story arc, which after all is the same as Hamlet. So there is reason to think that everybody will experience tragedy, and the story will then end.

Last edited by Gary McCoy : 11-24-2013 at 03:58 AM.
Gary McCoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2013, 09:04 AM   #99
danielhart
Finnhater

Quote:
Originally Posted by Langree View Post
You can't be real.
Lol.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2
danielhart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2013, 01:40 PM   #100
EscapeGoat
wPod

Quote:
Originally Posted by Langree View Post
You realize it's a TV show right? If it were real I would have grown up in Charming. (Seriously, the geographic info they give on it puts it as the town I grew up in).
What town is that? I've never put much effort into pinpointing the location. I know Stockton is mentioned a lot, but I don't know much about smaller towns in that area. Manteca and Lodi seem to be too big to be Charming. Also, if it were set in Lodi there would be a lot more scenes where they send a prospect out to Lockeford to buy sausages.
EscapeGoat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2013, 01:55 PM   #101
Langree
The Gimp

Quote:
Originally Posted by EscapeGoat View Post
What town is that? I've never put much effort into pinpointing the location. I know Stockton is mentioned a lot, but I don't know much about smaller towns in that area. Manteca and Lodi seem to be too big to be Charming. Also, if it were set in Lodi there would be a lot more scenes where they send a prospect out to Lockeford to buy sausages.
Between the show and the comic that list Galt as smack in between charming and Lodi, it makes it Elk Grove.
Old 11-24-2013, 07:35 PM   #102
danielhart
Finnhater

I've never looked it up but its always looked to me like most of the outdoor scenes are actually shot here in Southern California north of Los Angeles

Old 11-24-2013, 07:41 PM   #103
danielhart
Finnhater

Yeah I just looked it up and most of the shots are done north of the San Fernando Valley and in the Sunland Tujunga area. And teller Morrow Garage is actually in North Hollywood in an area I know very well it's only about 5 miles away from my house

Old 11-24-2013, 07:43 PM   #104
Fahtrim

Quote:
Because morality is not relative, it is absolute.
What? Morality is absolutely relative. The entire concept of morality is relative.

I don't want to start a flame war, and I won't say any more, but if u are that close minded perhaps u should reevaluate.
Fahtrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2013, 08:05 PM   #105
Langree
The Gimp

Quote:
Originally Posted by danielhart View Post
I've never looked it up but its always looked to me like most of the outdoor scenes are actually shot here in Southern California north of Los Angeles

I have seen a few establishing shots from around Galt/Lodi, Street signs and such, but nothing identifiable with actual scenes.
Old 11-24-2013, 09:06 PM   #106
GoPackGo

I've always assumed that SOA is filmed in the same area as It's Always Sunny. A lot of the outdoor shots look similar.
GoPackGo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2013, 08:46 AM   #107
goblue97
Hoke-amania

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Helmerichs View Post
but given that SoA and The Shield are already established to be in the same world, it's too bad they couldn't/wouldn't do more than drop little hints...
When was this established? Are you saying that Shane became a cross dresser/transexual and Claudette changed her name?
goblue97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2013, 09:06 AM   #108
Rob Helmerichs
I am Groot!

Quote:
Originally Posted by goblue97 View Post
When was this established? Are you saying that Shane became a cross dresser/transexual and Claudette changed her name?
Nero's gang (the Byz-Lats) was a fairly major player in The Shield. They also apparently appeared in The Unit.

I assume the casting is like Planet Vancouver, which has a very small gene pool and a lot of people who look surprisingly alike.
Old 11-25-2013, 09:33 AM   #109
GoPackGo

The One Niners gang appears in both series also.
GoPackGo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2013, 11:02 AM   #110
uncdrew
Annie 2.0

Quote:
Originally Posted by danielhart View Post
Yeah I just looked it up and most of the shots are done north of the San Fernando Valley and in the Sunland Tujunga area. And teller Morrow Garage is actually in North Hollywood in an area I know very well it's only about 5 miles away from my house

Do you ever see them hanging out in front of the shop? Have you talked to them?
uncdrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2013, 11:41 AM   #111
danielhart
Finnhater

Quote:
Originally Posted by uncdrew View Post
Do you ever see them hanging out in front of the shop? Have you talked to them?
No I got the info from a locations site they had a picture of it its on Radford Street. But I have met katey sagal before elsewhere

Old 11-26-2013, 11:48 AM   #112
Langree
The Gimp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Helmerichs View Post
Nero's gang (the Byz-Lats) was a fairly major player in The Shield. They also apparently appeared in The Unit.

I assume the casting is like Planet Vancouver, which has a very small gene pool and a lot of people who look surprisingly alike.
Thinking about this, I don't think the Shield every went above Bakersfield and SoA goes no farther South down 99 than Stockton (and West to Oakland and East to South Lake Tahoe and North up to Oregon).

From East to West you could almost draw a straight line between Oakland/Stockton/SLT, dividing the state.

The area between the two is like a no man's land..seriously.
Old 11-26-2013, 11:58 AM   #113
goblue97
Hoke-amania

They went as far east as Ireland.
goblue97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2013, 12:14 PM   #114
Langree
The Gimp

Quote:
Originally Posted by goblue97 View Post
They went as far east as Ireland.
Well, ya, but they don't have a strong AoI everywhere in between.
Old 12-04-2013, 08:26 AM   #115
erk48188
not hinky

there was a new episode last night, wasn't there? penultimate episode for the season? for some reason my dvr didn't record it.

from the lack of posts and a few meh comments online, perhaps my dvr did me a favor...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
erk48188 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2013, 08:58 AM   #116
Rob Helmerichs
I am Groot!

Actually, it was pretty intense. Mostly maneuvering for the finale, but there were some fairly significant developments.
Old 12-04-2013, 02:35 PM   #117
cheesesteak
Meh.

"This show contains nudity" Yeah, sure. Juice's butt. Got my hopes up for nothing.

Why didn't the new SAMCRO guy tell Bobby to just sit down and take a leak?

I have no idea what Tara's doing but it'll probably be dumb.

Looks like Nero's going to be a major player next season.

Juice is the softest biker gang member in the world.

A Cheesesteak always pays its debts
cheesesteak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2013, 07:27 PM   #118
Gary McCoy

Another dozen or so premeditated murders by the outlaw motorcycle gang the Sons of Anarchy.

Jax has probably killed more people personally this season than Clay did his whole life. The writers have lost all sense of perspective. There is no possible way for any form of a happy ending with this gang of murderous thugs.

This week was of course a setup for the cliffhanger next week. I'm hoping Maggie, Gemma, Wendy and Jax all get killed before the end of the series, the best hope for the two boys is to throw them into the Foster Care system.
Old 12-04-2013, 07:39 PM   #119
Langree
The Gimp

Only one person in this discussion has lost perspective.
Old 12-04-2013, 08:53 PM   #120
Beryl

Quote:
I'm hoping Maggie, Gemma, Wendy and Jax all get killed before the end of the series, the best hope for the two boys is to throw them into the Foster Care system.
Been hoping for this for a couple of seasons now.