TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 11-20-2013, 02:35 PM   #61
danielhart
Nerp Nerp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Helmerichs View Post
Well, holy crap.

They've been dangling death over Clay's head so long, I figured they were just going to save it for the endgame.

I wonder what Jax is up to with the DA? Surely he has some clever way out of all this, after burning her like that.
at a minimum he closed the loop on the KG-9/school shooting connection by laying it at Clay and Gaylen's dead feet.

Plus it may very well be that the immunity agreement could stand as he could argue through his lawyer that he can't help it if they ended up dead..
danielhart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2013, 02:41 PM   #62
cheesesteak
Meh.

The best part of this episode or even this entire season was when Nero turned around and said "Jesus!" after Tara explained why she wasn't sad about Clay getting whacked.

Somehow, I thing Wayne is going to do Nero dirty. I can't think of any other reason why the writers had him tell Gemma he was in love with her. Why anybody in their right mind, let alone three guys, would be in love with her is something only the tv gods can answer.

So what happens with the Italian guy who was set up to get the Irish guns last episode if the Irish are going to sell to August Marks now? I'm still shaky on how the Chinese and Italians fit in.

Pure speculation on my part... I see Bobby taking the fall for the heist and dead prison transport guards. He's the only one who can be identified even though everybody knows who did it. Tara's back in wuv with Jax so she probably will lose the bullet.

After the botched prison break, no SAMCRO members better go to jail or they'll get the Otto treatment.

Savoir-Faire is everywhere!
cheesesteak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2013, 06:05 PM   #63
zordude
WDW Fan

TC CLUB MEMBER
Quote:
Originally Posted by danielhart View Post

Plus it may very well be that the immunity agreement could stand as he could argue through his lawyer that he can't help it if they ended up dead..
Jax doesn't have any lawyers that have seen the deal.
Old 11-20-2013, 09:38 PM   #64
phox_mulder
I get paid 2watch TV

The one TV character that needed to be dead from the day he was introduced, I fully expected him to survive till the series finale next year.
Speaking of Clay, of course the same could be said for Gaalen.

Interesting that the one of the few club members that didn't want him to meet Mr. Mayhem the last time a vote was taken, Bobby, got injured pretty badly setting up his death.

Minor nitpick: How does a 9mm or .40S&W hollow point stay pristine after traveling through a van window and a human shoulder?

One of the best lines of the night.
Gemma to Nero: You could marry me.
Nero: No way Mama, I've seen what happens to your husbands.

Too bad we have to wait 2 weeks before the next episode.

phox

TiVo S3-65 HD Hours-Lifetime
TiVo HD 20 HD Hours
DirecTV HR21-700 80+ HD Hours
DirecTV HR20-100 80+ HD Hours
Harmony 880 Remote Control
phox_mulder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2013, 11:11 PM   #65
danielhart
Nerp Nerp

Quote:
Originally Posted by zordude View Post
Jax doesn't have any lawyers that have seen the deal.
it happened off camera imo....
danielhart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2013, 11:28 PM   #66
type_g

All I can say is after this episode can't wait to see the final season next year wow they better ramp it up after this.
Old 11-21-2013, 06:16 AM   #67
cheesesteak
Meh.

Kinda odd how Gaalen was dispatched so nonchalantly (probably the wrong word) considering how his character was built up to be a homicidal mad man. It was like "Hey, man. What's up?" and then BAM!

Clay went out with a lot more dignity than I would have. I'd have been whining like a little girl.

One of the odder things was Tara telling the DA and sheriff that Gemma was waiting for her. Aren't they supposed to be mortal enemies as far as law enforcement is concerned?

Old 11-21-2013, 06:43 AM   #68
Rob Helmerichs
I am Groot!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheesesteak View Post
Kinda odd how Gaalen was dispatched so nonchalantly (probably the wrong word) considering how his character was built up to be a homicidal mad man. It was like "Hey, man. What's up?" and then BAM!
Then again, BECAUSE he was a homicidal maniac they pretty much HAD to do it that way. If he even got the vaguest hint that something was up, they could have been in seriously deep doo-doo.

The fact that we never saw it coming makes it easier to believe that HE never saw it coming.

Poor Connor...he gets kidnapped by the people whose people his people murdered, then they let him go. Then everybody in his organization above him gets murdered, then they let him go. He's got to be the luckiest guy in Ireland, and he's got to know that everybody else is Ireland is gonna wonder how he got so lucky.
Old 11-21-2013, 08:07 AM   #69
TonyTheTiger
Pro Troll Magnet

I loved the surprise element of what happened. Like most of us, I think, no-one expected Galen's demise, let alone the decision to off Clay. But, of course, once Galen was dead, there was no reason to keep him alive and I think Sutter realized that there were only so many escapes Clay could make before it became completely unbelievable!
Old 11-21-2013, 09:40 AM   #70
VegasVic
Craps Player

Count me in on being surprised about Clay getting offed. I expected him to hang in there until next season and then maybe get it in the series finale. Hate having to wait 2 weeks and there are only 2 left. Sutter has been writer or cowriter on every episode but one. Last year it was 8/13, the year before 6/13. I guess now that he doesn't have to be Otto he has more time to write

I'll be very interested in what Sutter has planned after SOA wraps up next year.
Old 11-21-2013, 09:42 AM   #71
bryhamm
randomize

Why is SOA off next week?

Bry, normally I would say you can hammer me any time baby -- Zevida

I should have frickin' bryhammed your balls yesterday -- KMan
bryhamm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2013, 09:57 AM   #72
uncdrew
Annie 2.0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Helmerichs View Post
Well, holy crap.

They've been dangling death over Clay's head so long, I figured they were just going to save it for the endgame.

I wonder what Jax is up to with the DA? Surely he has some clever way out of all this, after burning her like that.
Yeah, about that...

Does the DA have anything on him? My best guess is simply that Jax is assuming they can't pin the school shooting on the MC and he played the DA.

Not entirely sure he needed to, but perhaps he did to remove the Sheriff tail that was assigned to him.
uncdrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2013, 10:08 AM   #73
Shaunnick

Quote:
Originally Posted by bryhamm View Post
Why is SOA off next week?
Holiday week. People will be busy traveling and spending time with family.
Shaunnick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2013, 10:20 AM   #74
cheesesteak
Meh.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaunnick View Post
Holiday week. People will be busy traveling and spending time with family.
Good thing my tivo is so backed up. I can knock some of it down next week.

Old 11-21-2013, 10:23 AM   #75
TIVO_GUY_HERE
I miss the ocean

Nice that Jax doesn't have any problems offing family members.
TIVO_GUY_HERE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2013, 11:07 AM   #76
bryhamm
randomize

Quote:
Originally Posted by TIVO_GUY_HERE View Post
Wouldn't really consider Clay a family member at that point.

Old 11-21-2013, 12:01 PM   #77
zordude
WDW Fan

TC CLUB MEMBER
Quote:
Family members that tried to have your wife kidnapped/killed.
Old 11-21-2013, 01:13 PM   #78
Gary McCoy

Quote:
I wondered if anybody else had noticed. Jax is now murdering people every week, it seems. He is a monster who has done far worse than Clay ever did.

I'm not one to worship an anti-hero, as I believe that morals are absolutes, not relative at all. Jax is out of control, murdering, manipulating, threatening his wife, making/breaking deals with the DA, etc.

Tara is absolutely correct to be terrified of him. She needs to make the RICO case for the Feds, and then her and her kids need to vanish into WitSec.

It's really too bad that Tara has to take out Bobby to save herself, he is the only thing standing between Jax and even more extreme, over-the-top behavior.

IMHO two more episodes are all that are needed to wrap this series up. Now Tara needs to finish her betrayal of Jax, Gemma needs to go to prison, and the MC needs to be branded an outlaw MC and become the target of Federal, State, and Local police.

There is no reason to have another season IMHO.
Old 11-21-2013, 02:00 PM   #79
Fahtrim

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheesesteak View Post
After the botched prison break, no SAMCRO members better go to jail or they'll get the Otto treatment.
The prison break worked..............

killing a sheriff don't bug them much, someone took a bullet and lived.

Not botched.
Fahtrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2013, 03:22 PM   #80
TonyTheTiger
Pro Troll Magnet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary McCoy View Post
I wondered if anybody else had noticed. Jax is now murdering people every week, it seems. He is a monster who has done far worse than Clay ever did.

I'm not one to worship an anti-hero, as I believe that morals are absolutes, not relative at all. Jax is out of control, murdering, manipulating, threatening his wife, making/breaking deals with the DA, etc.

Tara is absolutely correct to be terrified of him. She needs to make the RICO case for the Feds, and then her and her kids need to vanish into WitSec.

It's really too bad that Tara has to take out Bobby to save herself, he is the only thing standing between Jax and even more extreme, over-the-top behavior.

IMHO two more episodes are all that are needed to wrap this series up. Now Tara needs to finish her betrayal of Jax, Gemma needs to go to prison, and the MC needs to be branded an outlaw MC and become the target of Federal, State, and Local police.

It's not April 1st, is it?

There's so much wrong with this post, it's hard to know if it's written seriously or just a trolling attempt.

I think I'll take it as the latter and move on.
Old 11-21-2013, 04:02 PM   #81
gossamer88
HDTV Snob

Quote:
Originally Posted by zordude View Post
Family members that tried to have your wife kidnapped/killed.
He also killed Jax's dad and Piney, who was his dad's best friend and co-founder of the club.
gossamer88 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2013, 04:40 PM   #82
Shaunnick

Given enough time, all the bad stuff that has happened to the club could be tied back to an action by Clay.

Donna
Piney
Opie
Roosevelt's wife
JT

The kidnapping of Abel maybe the only exception.
Shaunnick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2013, 05:29 PM   #83
bryhamm
randomize

Quote:

Cool, so I assume you're gonna stop watching.

Old 11-21-2013, 07:18 PM   #84
Gary McCoy

I still enjoy the show. I just wanted to poiint out that there remains NOTHING WHATSOEVER to admire in Jax Teller. He has completed the journey from (somewhat) innocent MC member to psychotic murdering criminal.

I don't know about the rest of you, but when the DA said (about Tara): "If she leaves and takes the boys, the Sons will hunt her down and murder her." I found it completely credible.

I'd like to point out that the Sons did in fact supply the unregistered KG-9 that was used in the school shooting, and each one of them is a multiple murderer, prime among them Jax.

I doubt that Justice will be done in this series, as it was in Breaking Bad, where only Jesse escaped prosecution. The SOA are in fact an outlaw motorcycle gang, and deserve the attention of all the Federal, State, and Local Law Enforcement Agencies that battle organized crime.

Jax Teller deserves to lose his kids, who otherwise would probably grow up a lot like him.
Old 11-22-2013, 07:44 AM   #85
dimented
Comfortably Numb

There are a lot of people out there still catching up on Breaking Bad. By far I am not the spoiler police but I can see your post being a pretty big spoiler for the end of Breaking Bad. Just saying.
Old 11-22-2013, 08:17 AM   #86
stinkbomb1020

I know this is off topic...but I think it would have been cool if somewhere in the series there would have been a SOA/Justified cross-over episode(s). I'm sure the writers could have come up with one hell of an episode.
stinkbomb1020 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2013, 08:39 AM   #87
Rob Helmerichs
I am Groot!

Quote:
Originally Posted by stinkbomb1020 View Post
I know this is off topic...but I think it would have been cool if somewhere in the series there would have been a SOA/Justified cross-over episode(s). I'm sure the writers could have come up with one hell of an episode.
I'm not sure how practical that would have been (different worlds, really), but given that SoA and The Shield are already established to be in the same world, it's too bad they couldn't/wouldn't do more than drop little hints...
Old 11-22-2013, 09:01 AM   #88
cheesesteak
Meh.

I don't get the hostility to Gary McCoy's post #78. Jax *is* a mass murdering criminal sociopath. There's nothing good or honorable about Jax or SAMCRO. If this were the real world, Tara *should* take the DA's deal and get the bleep out of Charming.

Old 11-22-2013, 09:06 AM   #89
cheesesteak
Meh.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fahtrim View Post
The prison break worked..............

killing a sheriff don't bug them much, someone took a bullet and lived.

Not botched.
Jax said he didn't want any cops killed. One cop/guard was killed so the break was botched. This is a tv show with another season to run so SAMCRO will escape relatively unscathed but the DA pretty much knows that SAMCRO was involved. Because one of their own was killed, law enforcement shouldn't rest until arrests are made. I can't remember his name but Peter Weller's character shouldn't be too happy with the gang either.

Old 11-22-2013, 10:32 AM   #90
uncdrew
Annie 2.0

Quote:
He only kills bad guys.
uncdrew is offline   Reply With Quote