TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > TiVo TV Talk > Now Playing - TV Show Talk
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 11-10-2013, 09:50 AM   #31
Linnemir

Quote:
Originally Posted by uncdrew View Post
Yeah, you'd think Margaret would have started kickboxing three season ago, looking forward to kicking Gemma's ass. Gemma is a tough bird, but old and out of shape. Someone with a little prep could kick her ass.

Now she may then shoot you dead, of course...
But it seems that the main reason Gemma kicks so much a$$ is that she blilndsides her victims, or sets them up so someone else has clobbered them before she gets involved. She's not really a 'fighter' ... she's a cheater!
Linnemir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2013, 10:09 AM   #32
cheesesteak
Meh.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fmowry View Post
Pretty good episode. I've found it strange that the show has a free form length this season. Many episodes have been close to an hour 15, this one an hour 32 minutes or something like that. Good thing I have multiple tuners and DVRs.
I like the fact that the episodes go extra long. I wonder if it's because there too much material for an hour or if the advertising rate for a commercial during SoA is much higher than for whatever show it is that follows it.

I was surprised that we didn't see Wendy this episode.

A Cheesesteak always pays its debts
cheesesteak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2013, 06:16 AM   #33
Shaunnick

Episode 10, "Huang Wu", OAD 11/12/2013

I added the post title to give a break between last week's episode and this week's episode.

I did not see if Lin got shot. When I say Lin I don't mean the old Chinese guy, I mean the younger one from the earlier seasons that I am thinking of. Were they father and son, and did son get killed last night?

And, Tara feels backed into a corner. What Gemma did was stupid. Yeah, yu beat Tara at 'the game,' but is it really the best idea to rub it in her face and make her feel complete helpless? She's not Wendy, who rolls over and takes the beating with a tear in her eye.

She's Gemma Jr., who will rage and run your bike over if the mood catches her. Tara is a bad loose end that Jax needs to deal with, and soon. Going to the DA like she did would have been bad had Jax not already cut a deal for a bigger fish.
Shaunnick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2013, 08:03 AM   #34
erk48188
not hinky

i thought half my dislike was over when she was standing on the street with a gun in her hand asking a half naked jax "what's happened to me". i expected her to turn the gun on herself and put an end to a miserable soap opera.

i'm also getting tired of the long setup of gallen/da/now the chinese/whatever...

also going from last week's riveting, explosive scene with the lady lawyer to "you should let abel sleep" - yawn.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
erk48188 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2013, 08:24 AM   #35
Shaunnick

I think the morning after was the logical step. A part of Jax likely wants to kill Tara. However, he loves her and understands why she did what she did. The whole point of him getting the MC out of guns is so he can have the club ad his family, too. He knows what damage the club has done to his family's home life. The **** hit the fan too soon for Tara though, so she wants out now.

I think Jax gets that, which is why he is removing himself before he goes MC Killer on her. Tara needs to slow down and weigh the situation. If she were able to see clearly she would discount the things Gemma is saying and focus on slowly and painfully getting Jax to forgive her.

But she is blinded by desperation and fear.
Old 11-13-2013, 12:08 PM   #36
Langree
The Gimp

I was glad the cop didn't take Tara "in" and get a deal. Tara really is an island unto herself now.
Old 11-13-2013, 12:28 PM   #37
cheesesteak
Meh.

It looked like the young Lin was shot. I don't think he was the one who got killed though.

I'm tired of Gaalen. Hope he gets killed soon. He's too much of a cartoon villain.

I thought Juice was going to go upside Tara's head instead of giving her the address to Diosa.

I find it hard to believe that Tara's going to become Gemma 2.0 the way this season has gone.

How many episodes are left? Usually shows end with something like a "Only three more episodes left before the final two episodes before the finale" voice over.

Old 11-13-2013, 12:32 PM   #38
uncdrew
Annie 2.0

Quote:
Originally Posted by erk48188 View Post
i thought half my dislike was over when she was standing on the street with a gun in her hand asking a half naked jax "what's happened to me". i expected her to turn the gun on herself and put an end to a miserable soap opera.
I know "we" don't like Tara much, but I thought her "I"m going crazy" acting was pretty good. Convinced me.

Yes, I thought she was going to kill herself.

Then I thought she was going to kill Gemma.

I know the desire to be with her sons prevented both, but doesn't she have a restraining order against Gemma? Wasn't Gemma in her house? I thought she was going to kill her. She should have.
uncdrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2013, 01:17 PM   #39
Langree
The Gimp

Quote:
I know "we" don't like Tara much, but I thought her "I"m going crazy" acting was pretty good. Convinced me.

Yes, I thought she was going to kill herself.

Then I thought she was going to kill Gemma.

I know the desire to be with her sons prevented both, but doesn't she have a restraining order against Gemma? Wasn't Gemma in her house? I thought she was going to kill her. She should have.
The restraining order was based on a lie, false charges and all that. If Tara tries to enforce it she will land herself in hot water, as well as the hospital administrator.
Old 11-13-2013, 02:32 PM   #40
cheesesteak
Meh.

I don't like Tara. I think she's a moron who made her own bed and now has to lay in it but I think Maggie Siff does a wonderful acting job each week. SHe's just stuck with a character, like Walter White's wife, who everybody wishes would just go away.

I wonder if Jax Teller is the only hard core, killer motorcycle gang leader on the planet who's mama is always all up in his business. (Yes, I know it's only a tv show.)

On a side note... There was way too much naked Jax butt displayed for the couple seconds of naked Collette butt that we saw. My congressman will hear about this.

Old 11-13-2013, 05:07 PM   #41
hummingbird_206

Interesting that Gemma introduced herself to Colette as Gemma Teller rather than Gemma Morrow.

Was that Katey singing the song at the beginning of the show?
hummingbird_206 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2013, 05:16 PM   #42
Langree
The Gimp

Quote:
Originally Posted by hummingbird_206 View Post

Was that Katey singing the song at the beginning of the show?
Quite possibly, she's done a lot of the covers used for the show. Loved her Son of a Preacher Man.
Old 11-13-2013, 05:19 PM   #43
uncdrew
Annie 2.0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Langree View Post
The restraining order was based on a lie, false charges and all that. If Tara tries to enforce it she will land herself in hot water, as well as the hospital administrator.
But does anyone know that yet? Outside of Jax and them. And can it be proven?
Old 11-13-2013, 05:26 PM   #44
Langree
The Gimp

Quote:
But does anyone know that yet? Outside of Jax and them. And can it be proven?
If looked at it can easily be proven, the blood work signed off on was never done. "check the lab records".. done deal.

Tara knows it won't hold up to scrutiny.
Old 11-13-2013, 05:42 PM   #45
midas
I heard that

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheesesteak View Post
How many episodes are left? Usually shows end with something like a "Only three more episodes left before the final two episodes before the finale" voice over.
According to IMDB there are 3 left in this season.
midas is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2013, 08:53 PM   #46
uncdrew
Annie 2.0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Langree View Post
If looked at it can easily be proven, the blood work signed off on was never done. "check the lab records".. done deal.

Tara knows it won't hold up to scrutiny.
Yeah, you're right.

I guess part of my thinks no one would look into it much if Tara "took out the garbage" and killed Gemma.
Old 11-14-2013, 03:06 AM   #47
cheesesteak
Meh.

The funny thing is that absolutely nobody should want Jax's kids around him on a permanent basis. They were almost blowed up a couple of episodes ago. One was kidnapped. They both can be used as extortion tools. All kinds of his associates get murdered. He's a crap magnet. Jax, Tara, Gemma and everybody else with a brain should want those kids out of Charming and out of harm's way, at least until he gets them out of guns. Maybe not all the way to Oregon but definitely out of Charming.

Old 11-14-2013, 08:19 AM   #48
VegasVic
Craps Player

Well it's certainly harder to get out of the gun business than it is to get in.

Tara is suppose to be an unlikeable character and she is (IMO). But I just can't stand Maggie Siff. I have a feeling she'll be around until the end of the series next year but if she doesn't make it that far I won't cry.
Old 11-14-2013, 10:19 AM   #49
Langree
The Gimp

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheesesteak View Post
The funny thing is that absolutely nobody should want Jax's kids around him on a permanent basis. They were almost blowed up a couple of episodes ago. One was kidnapped. They both can be used as extortion tools. All kinds of his associates get murdered. He's a crap magnet. Jax, Tara, Gemma and everybody else with a brain should want those kids out of Charming and out of harm's way, at least until he gets them out of guns. Maybe not all the way to Oregon but definitely out of Charming.
"Jax was raised around this kind of crap and he survived.", I can all but guarantee that is in the thought process.

Now, on the short term, until the Irish are dealt with, yes. But who would they all trust to watch the kids.

Personally, I'd send them up to the cabin. Then youjust gotta figure out with who. I'd send Wayne and a couple of the guys that the kids know.
Old 11-14-2013, 02:06 PM   #50
Linnemir

Quote:
Originally Posted by hummingbird_206 View Post
Interesting that Gemma introduced herself to Colette as Gemma Teller rather than Gemma Morrow.
I seem to remember Gemma introducing herself as 'Gemma Teller' fairly regularly back in the early episodes. In fact, it struck me so often I'd wondered if she and Clay were married or just together! I think she might have used 'Teller-Morrow' once or twice, but wouldn't bet on it. I always thought it was something of a statement ... a hint that JT was the love of her life, and Clay sloppy seconds ... but that's just me ...
Linnemir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2013, 02:24 PM   #51
Rob Helmerichs
I am Groot!

Teller-Morrow is the garage. I don't think she's ever been anything but Gemma Teller (except before she married John).
Old 11-14-2013, 03:41 PM   #52
hummingbird_206

Damn CRS.
hummingbird_206 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2013, 08:52 AM   #53
VegasVic
Craps Player

I will miss the boys hanging out at the candy shop
Old 11-19-2013, 10:01 PM   #54
Rob Helmerichs
I am Groot!

Well, holy crap.

They've been dangling death over Clay's head so long, I figured they were just going to save it for the endgame.

I wonder what Jax is up to with the DA? Surely he has some clever way out of all this, after burning her like that.
Old 11-20-2013, 12:25 AM   #55
bobvr

And finally Gaylen is also where he belongs, very dead!
bobvr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2013, 01:04 AM   #56
Kamakzie
Are you serious bro?

So Jax wanted Gemma, Tara and Nero to witness Clay's killing?
Old 11-20-2013, 06:11 AM   #57
Rob Helmerichs
I am Groot!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamakzie View Post
So Jax wanted Gemma, Tara and Nero to witness Clay's killing?
I don't think it was Jax who wanted it.

More like Kurt Sutter.

(Great show, but sometimes things are a little too convenient, writer-wise...)
Old 11-20-2013, 07:51 AM   #58
Shaunnick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaunnick View Post
A part of Jax likely wants to kill Tara. However, he loves her and understands why she did what she did. The whole point of him getting the MC out of guns is so he can have the club ad his family, too. He knows what damage the club has done to his family's home life. The **** hit the fan too soon for Tara though, so she wants out now. I think Jax gets that, which is why he is removing himself before he goes MC Killer on her.
I am glad Jax confirmed he gets why Tara did what she did. It was the only way to explain why she wasn't dead yet.
Old 11-20-2013, 08:24 AM   #59
Rob Helmerichs
I am Groot!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaunnick View Post
I am glad Jax confirmed he gets why Tara did what she did. It was the only way to explain why she wasn't dead yet.
I have to laugh at the poor DA, who's trying to get Tara to flip knowing that Jax is trying to get her immunity. Every time Tara and the DA talk, I can almost hear the DA thinking "Don't these two ever talk?!?" If there were just a little more communication in that marriage, the DA would be screwed!
Old 11-20-2013, 01:29 PM   #60
danielhart
Finnhater

Clay finally got to meet Mr. Mayhem!

(I loved the line by Tara which I think was prolly a nod by the writers to the reality of his role being played out long ago - when she said to Nero, "Clay Morrow should have been dead a long time ago...")

Perlman played it well - he's a great actor imo.
danielhart is offline   Reply With Quote