TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Roamio DVRs
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 11-04-2013, 05:17 PM   #1
ObiDobi

Connect 2 Roamios

I love my Roamio and I am on the fence about getting a second one so I wanted to get more information.

I currently have 1 roamio in my house and thats connected via MoCA to a Tivo mini. So I currently can watch my shows on either and thats a feature I love.

The question is if I get a 2nd Roamio will I be able to get the first and second roamio to communicate to eachother (example will I be able to set a recording from Roamio 1 and have it record on roamio 2 OR will I be able to play a recording thats on roamio 2 on roamio 1)

I know this is a long shot but no harm in asking the question!
ObiDobi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2013, 05:48 PM   #2
ltxi

Don't know about the record bit but playback's certainly doable.
ltxi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2013, 05:53 PM   #3
moyekj

Quote:
Originally Posted by ObiDobi View Post
will I be able to get the first and second roamio to communicate to eachother (example will I be able to set a recording from Roamio 1 and have it record on roamio 2 OR will I be able to play a recording thats on roamio 2 on roamio 1)
You can schedule recordings and SPs on a 2nd roamio from the 1st. It's not quite as seamless as from a Mini but can be done. Streaming shows from another Roamio works exactly the same as from a Mini, and additionally you can choose to transfer instead of stream if you wish.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
moyekj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2013, 07:09 PM   #4
lgnad
Pantless Mofo

as far a playback from the other Roamio goes, it will show up at the bottom of the now playing list, click it and you see its contents. Click play on a show, and it will stream, just like your mini does.

If you happen to own an Ipad or android device you can control everything from anywhere, at home or not. Set/adjust season passes, browse the guide, check the to-do list, delete programs, use it as a remote, etc. The Ipad version of the app is pretty darn slick, use it every day. I haven't used the android version on my phone in a while, but it could do most everything, too.
-Stream (Gotta go unplug the sucker one of these days!)
lgnad is offline   Reply With Quote