TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > TiVo TV Talk > Now Playing - TV Show Talk
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 11-04-2013, 03:35 PM   #31
Ravensfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by scandia101 View Post
I don't read the comic book, so I don't know who Tyreese is in that world.
When he first showed up, people were excited to see him and I assumed it was because he was a bad-ass walker killer or maybe just a helluva great guy, or even both. I don't see him as being likable in any way at all and any scene he is in I just can't enjoy simply because of his presence. I just don't like him.

If I were Carol, I'd just drive right straight back to the prison.
I kind of wanted Daryl to toss the bottle of booze into the crowd of walkers below and then push the guy off the roof.
I was excited to see the actor who plays Tyrese due to the role he played on The Wire. I have to agree that his character on this show is tiring.
Ravensfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2013, 03:37 PM   #32
betts4
I am Spartacus!

TC CLUB MEMBER
Quote:

This.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"He's a freak!! Take him apart and lose the pieces under the couch!"
betts4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2013, 03:40 PM   #33
MikeMar
Go Pats

Quote:
Originally Posted by fmowry View Post
I didn't really understand what they were pulling at when the walkers appeared. Was that to get the minivan that they finally used out of the undergrowth? Not sure the battery would have been the only problem with a vehicle that was overgrown like that.

The surviving kid they found (male) seemed sketchy to me.
We know the girl is dead, but did we ever see that kid being gone, or just assuming?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
MikeMar is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2013, 03:41 PM   #34
Hank
AC•FTW

Quote:
I didn't really understand what they were pulling at when the walkers appeared. Was that to get the minivan that they finally used out of the undergrowth?
That was pretty hoky -- it's like that was the only door into the gas station?

Quote:
Not sure the battery would have been the only problem with a vehicle that was overgrown like that.
On the Talking Dead, they said it's about 18 months into the timeline, so a car sitting for 18 months with kudzu growing on it -- totally believable that only the battery went dead. Maybe the tires would need some air. But I've started cars sitting for years with nothing but a jumpstart.
Hank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2013, 04:23 PM   #35
pmyers

Carol would be nuts to come back to the prison after seeing what Tyrese did to Rick just talking about finding out who did it.
pmyers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2013, 04:45 PM   #36
Beryl

The Walking Dead S04E04: "Indifference" 11.04.13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cearbhaill View Post
Looked like a good time to involve the council if you ask me.
If they're so afraid that Tyrese would kill her, hows about maybe preventing that from happening?
Or keep the knowledge within the council.
They're going to miss her and they'll be divided over it anyway.
Can't wait to see how Rick spins it when he returns.

Losing the hippie kids (at least the girl) was sad.
They were so upbeat and folks need people like that.

As opposed to Tyrese who is annoying me to tears. Get it together man.
Summed it all up for me.

Carol should have involved the council before acting -- in vain. She did too many things in secret -- teaching children knifing skills -- a good thing but shouldn't have done it in secret.

Rick did the SAME thing. Banishing her is something the GROUP could have decided. Ty would have been mad but I don't think Ty would have killed her. He isn't about killing women -- just protecting them. Rick used Ty as an excuse to get rid of Carol who is a loose cannon (like Ty) and a threat to his authority. Rick should have brought her back and locked her in a cell. I think Ty would have accepted the punishment offered by the group.

I hope she hooks up with the hippie dude and starts a new group. She has skills.

Daryl is going to freak out because I think he picked up that rock to present to Carol.

The alcoholic medic and Ty are both working my nerves.

Glad to see Michonne smiling instead of grimacing throughout the episode. The actress is actually very pretty.

Last edited by Beryl : 11-04-2013 at 06:53 PM.
Beryl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2013, 04:53 PM   #37
fmowry

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeMar View Post
We know the girl is dead, but did we ever see that kid being gone, or just assuming?
I meant surviving the walkers up to the point they were found in the house, not by the end of this episode.
fmowry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2013, 05:02 PM   #38
fmowry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hank View Post

On the Talking Dead, they said it's about 18 months into the timeline, so a car sitting for 18 months with kudzu growing on it -- totally believable that only the battery went dead. Maybe the tires would need some air. But I've started cars sitting for years with nothing but a jumpstart.
I don't even know what kudzu is. Looked sort of like the running ivy I have on the side of my house. You know, the stuff that I can easily trim with my battery powered hedge trimmer.

Yeah 18 months is not a big deal (maybe it is for a circa 1990s Chrysler product minivan), but given the labor to get into the garage, I was assuming it was covered for much longer than that. I stopped watching Talking Dead after I realized it was a waste of a half hour.
fmowry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2013, 05:03 PM   #39
stellie93

So what happened to the thousands of walkers they saw last time? They didn't even seem to be watchful at all, that they could be around every corner.

Did they say that none of the sick had died yet? But the first guy died within a few hours of showing symptoms. Now they're living for days, which makes what Carol did seem worse since they seem to have a chance of surviving.
stellie93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2013, 05:16 PM   #40
Cainebj

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cearbhaill View Post
Didn't see that coming
I didn't either and I thought it was a pretty amazing turn of events - the idea that they might banish one of the group who have been there since the beginning is pretty major - since this is a show where we have lost so so many to zombie deaths.

I don't agree with the decision myself but it will be interesting to see how this plays out.
Cainebj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2013, 06:12 PM   #41
heySkippy
oldweakandpathetic

Quote:
I don't even know what kudzu is.
It's the vine that ate the south.

meh
heySkippy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2013, 06:22 PM   #42
caslu

Quote:
Originally Posted by tlc View Post
I'll be interested in Dale's reaction.
I'm betting that Dale won't have any reaction at all... On the other hand, Daryl is really going to be ticked off! :-)
caslu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2013, 06:30 PM   #43
DeDondeEs

Quote:
Originally Posted by heySkippy View Post
Why don't they just plant a bunch of that stuff around the prison? The walkers will get all hung up in it.
DeDondeEs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2013, 06:39 PM   #44
Johnny Dancing
Closet Rebel

Quote:
Originally Posted by stellie93 View Post
Did they say that none of the sick had died yet? But the first guy died within a few hours of showing symptoms. Now they're living for days, which makes what Carol did seem worse since they seem to have a chance of surviving.
It is days for us, but I think the last two episodes take place on the same day. I believe they said the hospital was ~50 miles away. There in a car, crashing car, fighting zombies, making way to hospital, fighting zombies, getting new car, driving back to prison: 5-6 hour fun road trip.
Old 11-04-2013, 06:48 PM   #45
JohnB1000

Tyrese mentioned something about it being "another night" I think they slept once in the woods.
Old 11-04-2013, 06:51 PM   #46
madscientist
Deregistered Snoozer

I think the vet hospital group has been gone overnight from something Tyreese said, but not longer than that. Or what JohnB said!

I actually suspected that Rick was going to do something about Carol even before they left. He was thinking about what she did, and walking it through, then checking his knife stash in the back of the car and I thought "uh oh".

I couldn't hear exactly what was said about the stone Daryl picked up; I thought he said it was for a grave marker.

It's interesting they haven't been showing us much of Carol and Daryl this season after they seemed destined to be an item last season. I guess it's because they knew Carol would be gone. I agree that she will probably show up again but I expect not for long, just to clean up that storyline. Daryl's reaction, as well as the kids', is going to be the most interesting thing about next week. I wonder if there's going to be some major catastrophe that saves Rick from having to spend a lot of time justifying his decision.
Old 11-04-2013, 07:00 PM   #47
Rob Helmerichs
I am Groot!

Hmmm. No, I think Carol is still very much going to be with us.

They might hold her back until Season 4b, but I doubt any longer than that...and probably not even that long.
Old 11-04-2013, 07:39 PM   #48
Beryl

Quote:
Originally Posted by T-Wolves View Post
I'm sure Carol will be back; Daryl might go out and find her. Or else she'll run into the Governor.
Was just thinking this and searched the thread to see if it had been posted. The Governor is a loose end and if she was to be the one to take him out, maybe she'd be vindicated.
Old 11-04-2013, 07:56 PM   #49
MonsterJoe
salty meat-poles

Man - Rick has is out for this family. He's basically responsible for her daughter's undeath...now he boots her.. sheesh.
MonsterJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2013, 05:19 AM   #50
jradosh
Newlywed

As soon as Michonne told Daryl that she was giving up searching for the Governor I knew he would show up very soon. Couple that with Carol's banishment and I think the plot is obvious. Time will tell.

When did they discover that infected zombies can spread the disease? And why did those zombies stop pursuing them just because they were out the window. Booze-boy medic spent a long time fighting for his backpack and then even longer arguing with Daryl. Meanwhile the zombies inside just grunted and stood there?

I really like supply-run episodes. Seeing the 'outside world' is much more entertaining than the episodes inside the prison.

I thought booze-boy medic's explanation of not wanting to "be a witness" anymore was pretty well-written and made sense. Is he from the comics too and did he have more of a back-story there?

Check out
. :)
jradosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2013, 09:22 AM   #51
MikeMar
Go Pats

Quote:
Originally Posted by jradosh View Post
As soon as Michonne told Daryl that she was giving up searching for the Governor I knew he would show up very soon. Couple that with Carol's banishment and I think the plot is obvious. Time will tell.

When did they discover that infected zombies can spread the disease? And why did those zombies stop pursuing them just because they were out the window. Booze-boy medic spent a long time fighting for his backpack and then even longer arguing with Daryl. Meanwhile the zombies inside just grunted and stood there?

I really like supply-run episodes. Seeing the 'outside world' is much more entertaining than the episodes inside the prison.

I thought booze-boy medic's explanation of not wanting to "be a witness" anymore was pretty well-written and made sense. Is he from the comics too and did he have more of a back-story there?
They hit the window, they couldn't climb out the window I guess. Remember it wasn't just a window, it was a window above a ledge or shelf or something, so kinda high up

MikeMar is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2013, 11:42 AM   #52
Zevida
witless and unarmed

Quote:
Originally Posted by jradosh View Post
And why did those zombies stop pursuing them just because they were out the window. Booze-boy medic spent a long time fighting for his backpack and then even longer arguing with Daryl. Meanwhile the zombies inside just grunted and stood there?
In this world zombies can climb stairs, but not much more than that - they can't heft themselves out a window.

- billypritchard
Zevida is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2013, 11:52 AM   #53
pmyers

I too, really enjoy the supply-run episodes. I also love when they come across other people/travellers, especially when they have new names for "walkers".

Anybody remember what the 2 kids called them?
Old 11-05-2013, 11:58 AM   #54
heySkippy
oldweakandpathetic

^^ Skin eaters

meh
heySkippy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2013, 12:24 PM   #55
markz
Hilarity Ensues

What did the two guys in the bar (that Hershell & Rick came across) call them?

markz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2013, 12:40 PM   #56
Langree
The Gimp

Quote:
Originally Posted by getreal View Post
Interesting that Rick could justify Carl jr. intentionally killing someone "in cold blood", but he no longer trusts Carol despite her explanation for her actions as a compassionate gesture to save the group and put the sick people out of their misery. Carol will be back. But now I don't trust that new little girl with the giant knife! She will be the female counterpart to psycho Carl jr.

You talking about when Carl shot the boy? I would have done the same thing, he was told to drop the weapon and stop numerous times and did neither. You simply don't let someone possibly intending you harm to get that close to you.

Hershel still as blinders on in some ways, the thing with Carl was one, and his "risks" speech last week was another.

Sure everything is a risk, but limiting exposure to said risk is also key. Why was he the only one who could serve tea? Send the tea in. There are still capable people in sequester.

Carol was starting to make decisions for the group on her own and carry them out in secret. Teaching the kids how to use knives,(not saying this is bad, but she took it upon herself and kept it from the group) as well as killing the 2 sick folks. In some ways she was becoming a threat to the group as a whole. She was making unilateral decisions.

As far as I'm concerned, she got the two "hippies" killed too, and I think Rick thinks that too.
Old 11-05-2013, 12:45 PM   #57
Langree
The Gimp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zevida View Post
In this world zombies can climb stairs, but not much more than that - they can't heft themselves out a window.
yup, they shamble, no actual climbing, I think even with stairs they more crawl up than walk upright. So no ladders, even climbing up onto cars and such doesn't happen.
Old 11-05-2013, 01:23 PM   #58
ihatecable
Crazy Collies

Quote:
It would be kind of interesting if Carol drives right back to the prison before Rick can say anything and make it seem like they decided to bring another car back for the prison motor pool. Somehow couldn't see Rick spilling the beans in front of Tyrese with Carol right there because it would basically cause a mini-riot inside the prison.
ihatecable is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2013, 02:37 PM   #59
sharkster

By the time I got around to watching, it looks like it's all already been said.

Noticed the bit of a twinkle between Daryl and Michonne (I, too, am liking her much more now). Surprised at Carol getting the boot, but fully expect to see more of her. Boozy guy - was hoping he was going to be pushed over the side. Disappointed he wasn't. He showed that he had no value.

I'm kind of on the side that Carol did the right thing for the rest of the group, in killing those two and burning the bodies. Looks like Rick wants it to be a Ricktatorship again, in having decided to give her the toss. But, OTOH, I like the idea of him doing it for her own good in knowing what Ty would likely do when he found out. I really don't see the need for him to tell anybody, but whatever.

Since Michonne decided to stop looking for the Governator (wondering if that is really true), I fully expect to see him again soon. I have a feeling it will be just before the first-half season break. It will probably be the big cliffhanger.

But then I like the idea of Carol finding him and bringing back his head. That w/b awesome if she shows back up at the prison with his head on a stick.

(Thanks again, Scandia, for letting me know I posted this in the wrong thread. I think I need my brain checked...)
sharkster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2013, 03:02 PM   #60
pmyers

I too wonder what happened to the "7500" walkers that were between them and the school. That was such a HUGE plot point last week to give it zero time this week.