TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 11-03-2013, 09:58 PM   #1
MikeAndrews
Registered abuser

Homeland S03E06 "Still Positive" OAD 2013-11-03 ***spoilers***

Well, that went fast.

That Javadi is a bad man.

I was waiting for Quinn or Carrie or Saul to just put a bullet in Javadi's head, but Saul breaking his nose will be OK for now.

So who is Carrie's baby Daddy? The guy on the stairs who she hid out with?

Can we hope that Dana moving out means that we won't see her again and Brody won't be able to get in touch with her?

It looked like Mom had no problem getting another car. Maybe she signed a book contract.
Mac Mini NAS with 9 7 x 2TB drives.
UVerse and OTA

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
MikeAndrews is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2013, 12:24 AM   #2
busyba
The Funcooker

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeAndrews View Post
Well, that went fast.
That's not just perception. The episode ended at around the 45 minute mark, leaving 15 minutes of filler at the end of the recording.

Quote:
So who is Carrie's baby Daddy? The guy on the stairs who she hid out with?
There were a lot of positive tests in that drawer. Assuming that she took at most one a day, I think it predates that dude by quite a bit.

I think we have to assume it's Brody's. I can't imagine why they would have it not be.

How long was the gap between seasons 2 and 3? Is it small enough for it to be believable that she's not showing?

"of course, you are 100% correct" --
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"busyba is officially my favorite poster." --

busyba is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2013, 01:23 AM   #3
john4200

Quote:
I was waiting for Quinn or Carrie or Saul to just put a bullet in Javadi's head, but Saul breaking his nose will be OK for now.
Saul wants something from him, and he knows it. That is why he thought he could get away with just killing those people to annoy Saul -- he knew Saul needs him alive.

A bad man, indeed.

But I don't understand why he thought he could manage to commit the murders in the first place. Carrie told him the house was under watch (and she believed it at the time), so he had to assume that Carrie was lying about that, or else he would have been followed to that house and stopped before going in. But why would he think Carrie was lying? With that operation, he would have to assume (as Carrie did) that there were people following Carrie.

Last edited by john4200 : 11-04-2013 at 11:07 AM.
john4200 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2013, 11:02 AM   #4
MikeAndrews
Registered abuser

Quote:
Originally Posted by busyba View Post
...There were a lot of positive tests in that drawer. Assuming that she took at most one a day, I think it predates that dude by quite a bit.

I think we have to assume it's Brody's. I can't imagine why they would have it not be.

How long was the gap between seasons 2 and 3? Is it small enough for it to be believable that she's not showing?
Is the time lapse small enough that Carrie could spend months confined in the mental ward of a hospital getting strong psychotropic drugs and they never did a pregnancy test on her?

Another flaw: Saul and Carrie dreamt up the plot to out Javardi and put it into motion BEFORE Saul had Farka(?) trace the money in Venezuela and tie to Javardi - but Carrie knew all about it.
UVerse and OTA

Old 11-04-2013, 11:06 AM   #5
john4200

Quote:
Another flaw: Saul and Carrie dreamt up the plot to out Javardi and put it into motion BEFORE Saul had Farka(?) trace the money in Venezuela and tie to Javardi - but Carrie knew all about it.
Saul could have filled Carrie in on everything when she came to his home.
Old 11-04-2013, 11:19 AM   #6
Hank
AC•FTW

I don't get the used pregnancy test sticks... there had to be 30 or more used ones in that drawer. Does she think it's going to "go away"? I'd think once she tested positive, she really wouldn't need to keep testing, unless she's trying to do a home abortion via Plan B or some other chemical method (or stress).
Hank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2013, 11:23 AM   #7
john4200

Carrie is not entirely rational about things, especially when it comes to her personal life.
Old 11-04-2013, 11:39 AM   #8
DeDondeEs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hank View Post
I don't get the used pregnancy test sticks... there had to be 30 or more used ones in that drawer. Does she think it's going to "go away"? I'd think once she tested positive, she really wouldn't need to keep testing, unless she's trying to do a home abortion via Plan B or some other chemical method (or stress).
Yeah and at like $15 a test that's around $500, pile that on top of her portion of the bills she must've piled up in the psych ward, and rent on a pretty decent apartment in the DC area, what is she making per year??

I really hope Dana changing her name and leaving home is her exit from the show. Although a few episodes back we did see her trying out her Dad's prayer rug, and we don't know who this friend of hers is who picked her up.
DeDondeEs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2013, 12:01 PM   #9
zalusky

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeDondeEs View Post
Yeah and at like $15 a test that's around $500, pile that on top of her portion of the bills she must've piled up in the psych ward, and rent on a pretty decent apartment in the DC area, what is she making per year??

I really hope Dana changing her name and leaving home is her exit from the show. Although a few episodes back we did see her trying out her Dad's prayer rug, and we don't know who this friend of hers is who picked her up.
Perhaps she is off to terrorist training camp!
Old 11-04-2013, 01:05 PM   #10
Hank
AC•FTW

Quote:
Originally Posted by zalusky View Post
Perhaps she is off to terrorist training camp!
I said to my g/f she's off to an Islam Youth camp (not terrorist related).
Hank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2013, 05:15 PM   #11
Rob Helmerichs
I am Groot!

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by john4200 View Post
Carrie is not entirely rational about things, especially when it comes to her personal life.
She is the definition of insanity.

I wonder if Mrs. Saul knows how lucky she is that she didn't succeed at provoking him into anger?
Old 11-04-2013, 06:15 PM   #12
stellie93

I knew when he had them take the cuffs off he was going to hit him. That was a well placed blow, though. And Peyton Manning would envy that quick release.
stellie93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2013, 06:16 PM   #13
stellie93

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Helmerichs View Post
I'm a little slow--I got this the second time I read it without looking up the definition.
Old 11-04-2013, 06:44 PM   #14
Rob Helmerichs
I am Groot!

Quote:
Originally Posted by stellie93 View Post
I'm a little slow--I got this the second time I read it without looking up the definition.
So your insanity is justified?
Old 11-05-2013, 08:33 AM   #15
markymark_ctown

Another '24' callback...the baby's name was "Behrooz"...the same name as the '24' Season 4 teenager.

Anyway, I liked the episode, mostly for the Carrie / Saul plot, but Dana is moving out!
markymark_ctown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2013, 08:40 AM   #16
busyba
The Funcooker

Quote:
Denial.

"of course, you are 100% correct" --

"busyba is officially my favorite poster." --

busyba is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2013, 09:03 AM   #17
aindik

Quote:
Originally Posted by markymark_ctown View Post
Another '24' callback...the baby's name was "Behrooz"...the same name as the '24' Season 4 teenager.

Anyway, I liked the episode, mostly for the Carrie / Saul plot, but Dana is moving out!
I caught that too. I paused to laugh at his name and to remember his mother, Mrs. Araz. Beyrooooooooz.

I also don't see how they could have not done a pregnancy test (as part of a blood workup)at the psych ward.

That was a pretty brutal murder scene. Trained killers like Quinn were repulsed. I assume that baby has a father that's somewhere. Quick thinking by Carrie to put him in the playpen, though I suppose that detail could come back to bite them.
aindik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2013, 02:26 PM   #18
john4200

Quote:
Originally Posted by aindik View Post
I assume that baby has a father that's somewhere.
Javadi's son, you mean?
Old 11-05-2013, 02:34 PM   #19
aindik

Quote:
Javadi's son, you mean?
Yep.
aindik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2013, 03:49 PM   #20
john4200

Quote:
Originally Posted by aindik View Post
Yep.
I think they said that Susan was divorced (or mentioned her ex-husband and that she does not have her married name any more), so it is a good bet he is still alive. Although I suppose it is possible he died and she changed her name back. But why would she take his name in the first place? If Javadi's ex-wife was supposed to be in witness protection, I would think Javadi's son would also be, and he (and his wife) would not be using his real name. Maybe she took a false name while in WP and then changed back to her previous name after he died?

Last edited by john4200 : 11-05-2013 at 03:59 PM.
Old 11-05-2013, 04:12 PM   #21
MikeAndrews
Registered abuser

Note to Feds: It is not a good idea to allow protectees in Witness Protection to live in metro Washington DC just down the beltway from the Capitol and foreign embassies.
UVerse and OTA

Old 11-05-2013, 04:17 PM   #22
john4200

Quote:
Note to Feds: It is not a good idea to allow protectees in Witness Protection to live in metro Washington DC just down the beltway from the Capitol and foreign embassies.
It is not clear that Javadi's daughter-in-law was actually in WP. She was either divorced or widowed, and may have opted out of WP.

Javadi's ex-wife was supposed to be in WP, but she did not live there. She was apparently visiting her grandson and daughter-in-law.

Last edited by john4200 : 11-05-2013 at 04:30 PM.
Old 11-05-2013, 06:06 PM   #23
stellie93

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Helmerichs View Post
So your insanity is justified?
Yep--I got a different result the second time.
Old 11-05-2013, 08:59 PM   #24
danterner
Not it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeDondeEs View Post
Yeah and at like $15 a test that's around $500, pile that on top of her portion of the bills she must've piled up in the psych ward, and rent on a pretty decent apartment in the DC area, what is she making per year?? I really hope Dana changing her name and leaving home is her exit from the show. Although a few episodes back we did see her trying out her Dad's prayer rug, and we don't know who this friend of hers is who picked her up.
Pro-tip: they sell them at the Dollar Store

| Facebook:
| XBOX LIVE gamertag:
| Twitter:
| Goozex:
danterner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2013, 09:03 PM   #25
MikeAndrews
Registered abuser

Quote:
Originally Posted by danterner View Post
Pro-tip: they sell them at the Dollar Store
Yeahbut those are expired Chinese knock-offs.
UVerse and OTA

Old 11-05-2013, 11:46 PM   #26
Jesda
CAPTAIN AWESOME

So many holes in the story, but I'll stick around because Mandy Patinkin is pretty good.

My blog:
Jesda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2013, 07:36 AM   #27
zalusky

I was listening to the radio the other day and a caller brought up something very interesting. The question is Homeland that clever.

Spoiler:
Google Thorazine and false pregnancy. It only shows in the urine but not in the blood.

Old 11-06-2013, 07:42 AM   #28
VegasVic
Craps Player

I understand the Dana storyline to a point, to show how Brody's actions ruined his family. But hopefully we've seen the end of her, but I doubt it. I don't watch previews so we'll see.
Old 11-06-2013, 09:29 AM   #29
TAsunder
Debates Ghee vs Gi

Quote:
It is not clear that Javadi's daughter-in-law was actually in WP. She was either divorced or widowed, and may have opted out of WP.

Javadi's ex-wife was supposed to be in WP, but she did not live there. She was apparently visiting her grandson and daughter-in-law.
She wasn't there when Javadi was spying on them in a prior episode?
TAsunder is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2013, 06:00 PM   #30
stellie93

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesda View Post
So many holes in the story, but I'll stick around because Mandy Patinkin is pretty good.
Yeah, Brody was my favorite character when he was actually in the show. But I still love Mandy and he seems to have a lot bigger role this year.