TiVo Community
TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Roamio DVRs
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 5.00 average.
Old 11-03-2013, 11:41 AM   #1
barrett14

Roamio deleting Amazon Prime videos

I am using a Tivo Roamio to download Amazon Prime videos. I just rented an HD movie and started playing it after I let it get a 5 minute buffer. About 10 minutes in, I get a notification saying the video was deleted because copyright says it must be deleted within 24 hours of playing. It also gives me a date that isn't even today. (December 4th).

It automatically starts downloading the movie all over again... I tried watching it again and this time I was able to get about 25 minutes into the movie before it did it again!!

What is going on here?? I rented it just before I started watching it!
barrett14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2013, 11:49 AM   #2
barrett14

I just called Tivo and they said to call Amazon lol. Of course they did.
Old 11-03-2013, 12:24 PM   #3
barrett14

I had Amazon cancel the purchase and I am going to just watch it on the PS3 as I have done before. Thanks Tivo.
Old 11-03-2013, 02:34 PM   #4
HarperVision

TiVo doesn't support Amazon prime yet, does it?
HarperVision is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2013, 03:26 PM   #5
LoadStar
LOAD"*",8,1

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarperVision View Post
No. The OP is clearly referring to Amazon Instant Video, not Amazon Prime.
LoadStar is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2013, 10:00 PM   #6
barrett14

Sorry - Amazon instant video. And I watched the movie on PS3 with no issues.
Old 11-03-2013, 11:15 PM   #7
yokito

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarperVision View Post
I have configured and used my Prime account without issue.
Old 11-04-2013, 01:41 AM   #8
HarperVision

Quote:
Originally Posted by yokito View Post
Cool, please share how so?
HarperVision is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2013, 05:32 AM   #9
pautler

Quote:
Originally Posted by yokito View Post
Yes, please do share how you did that! I would love to be able to watch Amazon Prime on my Roamio.

Unfortunately, I think some folks are confusing Amazon Prime (which is the pay-one-price streaming service) with Amazon Instant Video (which is the pay-per-video and download service). The latter is supported on Roamio while the former is not.

I have talked to both TiVo and Amazon this week, regarding support for Amazon Prime on the Roamio, and neither will give any time line for supporting it but they are both saying "we would like to, and you should keep an eye on our future press releases."

If there is some sort of secret undocumented way to watch Amazon Prime on the Roamio I would *love* to hear about it!

-Joe
pautler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2013, 08:28 AM   #10
dlfl
Cranky old novice

Confusing (Amazon) Prime with Instant Videos is an easy thing to do. Amazon's web pages don't do a good job of delineating the difference.

BTW you can get Amazon Prime videos recorded on any Tivo using PlayOn, pyTivo and the pyTivo PlayOn plugin. Unfortunately the quality is not true HD, about 4.2 Mbps Mpeg2. Aspect ratio is correct (usually 16:9) and PQ is quite viewable at least on my little 40" flat panel. PlayOn says they are working on a HD version, although they've been saying that for years now. The only item that isn't free is a PlayOn subscription, which costs a lot less than your Amazon Prime. And you get Hulu, Netflix (if subscribed) and many, many other channels with PlayOn.

"It must be swell to be so perfect and odor-free" -- Del Griffith

VideoReDo users: Try
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

pyTivo users: Try
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
and

Last edited by dlfl : 11-04-2013 at 08:39 AM.
dlfl is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2013, 01:31 PM   #11
MadPB

Quote:
Originally Posted by dlfl View Post
Confusing (Amazon) Prime with Instant Videos is an easy thing to do. Amazon's web pages don't do a good job of delineating the difference.
Whoa, this is freaking me out.

I don't use my Tivo for streaming Amazon Prime stuff...never tried. I have a Roku for that. But I always thought that the Tivo worked just like the Roku did, where you link it to your account and then you can watch whatever is in your watch list, whether it's an Amazon Prime freebie, or something you rented or bought.

I'm surprised to hear that it doesn't include the videos included with Prime, and sounds like it's only for the rentals and purchases? How strange to me. The Roku doesn't make any such distinctions... if it's in your watch list, who cares how it got there, as long as it's there...

Now I'm thinking I need to try it out on the Tivo and see for myself. Not that I normally would, but if my Roku were having troubles, it'd be nice to have that backup option.
MadPB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2013, 04:45 PM   #12
LoadStar
LOAD"*",8,1

Amazon Prime videos are ones that have a green "Watch Now" button after you log into the website with a Prime-enabled account.

Amazon Instant Video videos are ones that do *not* have a green "Watch Now" button, and require an additional per-video payment to either rent or own.

The TiVo at this time only accesses the Amazon Instant Video library, not the Prime video library. The software is for the most part unchanged from the original version they released, seemingly based on the "Home Media Engine" (HME) APIs, with very low quality SD menus. It would be nice if Amazon were to update their software to take advantage of the new APIs, but I'm not holding my breath.
LoadStar is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2013, 07:50 PM   #13
siratfus

Damn, this really sucks. I just went ahead and purchased a Roamio and Prime was one of the things I looked forward to. If Prime is not supported, the advertisement is a bit misleading. Will they support it down the line?
siratfus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2013, 03:29 PM   #14
kherr

If your referring to the graphic on Amazon that lists Prime ready hardware, take note of the grayed lettering on the bottom. It states that Tivo isn't currently supported. That's what a Roku is made for ..... I no longer rely or even think of using my Tivos for streaming. No sense in waiting for an app that may never be made. For $100.00 and no reoccurring fees for the hardware, I have access to dozens of services.
kherr is offline   Reply With Quote