TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Roamio DVRs
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 10-31-2013, 11:37 PM   #1
RusRus

Same New Show Recorded Twice

I had one show recorded twice at the same time and sames channel. Obviously my Roamio must have recorded this show on two different tuners.

Anyone else experience this?
RusRus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2013, 01:56 AM   #2
Dan203
Super Moderator

Do you have two things that could have requested it? Like a Season Pass AND a Wish List or Collection?
Dan203 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2013, 09:33 AM   #3
rainwater

Quote:
Originally Posted by RusRus View Post
I had one show recorded twice at the same time and sames channel. Obviously my Roamio must have recorded this show on two different tuners.

Anyone else experience this?
Are you sure they aren't partial recordings? Maybe your TiVo rebooting in the middle of recording?
rainwater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2013, 09:47 AM   #4
anthonymoody

I've had this happen with HGTV series, for which I have season passes. I don't have suggestions or anything else enabled that would record the show.

For example, Property Brothers. I have it set - as I do all season passes - to record New episodes only, to keep unless space is needed, and no count limit on the number of episodes.

For some, but not all episodes, in the list they will appear twice. One is labeled New, the other is not. But they're both listed, consecutively in the list.

Hasn't been a big problem as there is so much recording space. Still annoying though. I chalked it up to had program guide data but if it's a TiVo problem hopefully they can fix it.
anthonymoody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2013, 11:02 AM   #5
cherry ghost

Quote:
Originally Posted by anthonymoody View Post
I've had this happen with HGTV series, for which I have season passes. I don't have suggestions or anything else enabled that would record the show.

For example, Property Brothers. I have it set - as I do all season passes - to record New episodes only, to keep unless space is needed, and no count limit on the number of episodes.

For some, but not all episodes, in the list they will appear twice. One is labeled New, the other is not. But they're both listed, consecutively in the list.

Hasn't been a big problem as there is so much recording space. Still annoying though. I chalked it up to had program guide data but if it's a TiVo problem hopefully they can fix it.
Does the one not labeled New have a generic description and no episode number?

It could be both a guide data problem and a TiVo problem. When it first hits the guide, it might have a generic description and is set to record. As the record date gets closer, an episode number and description is added. The TiVo could be adding it as another recording rather than replacing the generic recording.
cherry ghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2013, 08:57 PM   #6
mattack

I have definitely seen this happen on my Premiere 4. I *think* a wishlist and a suggestion of the same show. I'm _almost_ positive I saw it on my TivoHD and/or series 3 too.
mattack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2013, 09:10 AM   #7
dianebrat
Uncontrolled Force

HGTV does it to me all the time with bad show ID data, I don't blame Tivo for this one.
Old 11-02-2013, 10:32 AM   #8
anthonymoody

Thanks Diane. Always good to know I'm not alone!

And cherry you are correct the episodes not labeled new are generic with no specific description of the episode. What you describe must be the case...
Old 11-02-2013, 11:36 AM   #9
dianebrat
Uncontrolled Force

Quote:
Originally Posted by anthonymoody View Post
Thanks Diane. Always good to know I'm not alone!

And cherry you are correct the episodes not labeled new are generic with no specific description of the episode. What you describe must be the case...
I have a season pass for House Hunters Renovation, and out of 20+ recordings less than 5 have full correct guide data with season and episode data, the others are a hodge podge of random and generic data that makes it impossible to tell, I usually have at least 3 copies of the same episodes with different guide data going from full to minimal, all in the same week.
Old 11-03-2013, 08:54 AM   #10
anthonymoody

Quote:
Originally Posted by dianebrat View Post
I have a season pass for House Hunters Renovation, and out of 20+ recordings less than 5 have full correct guide data with season and episode data, the others are a hodge podge of random and generic data that makes it impossible to tell, I usually have at least 3 copies of the same episodes with different guide data going from full to minimal, all in the same week.
I think our season pass lists must be very similar

I haven't realized how many copies may exist. Such a bummer as I watch several shows on the network. It hasn't been an issue yet due to the size of the drive but still annoying.