TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > TiVo TV Talk > Now Playing - TV Show Talk
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 03-19-2015, 04:35 AM   #1
heySkippy
oldweakandpathetic

Survivor Worlds Apart : "Winner Winner... & "We're Finally Playing..." OAD 3-18-2015

2 Episodes? I didn't even notice that until the first one started. That's a great way to start Survivor Night!

So, lots going on last night. It was nice to see the return of the reward challenge and chickens are always fun to have back at camp. Nice job by Kelly getting smacked in the head by the platform and continuing on, even if her team did lose. She's a tough one. That blindfold challenge is always cringe inducing watching people run into those crotch-height barriers. And great job by Jenn using the time she wasn't eating chicken to look for and find the HII. I still like this girl, not sure why, and want her to go far in the game.

Rodney makes me crazy. That whole "women/higher standard" thing would make me want to drown him. I so so wanted it to be him instead of Lindsey, but I knew it wasn't to be. I'm going to want him gone every episode from now on.

And then the shuffle, what a disaster in terms of physical mismatch! Max is an idiot for not taking care of that foot before coming on the show. He's memorized every episode from every season, but he never learned how to play. Also, those "stingray" stings didn't look anything like what I'm used. I've seen people here stung by stingrays and they are seriously injured - like bleeding buckets, screaming in agony, and needing stitches injured. I don't know if he was "stung" (it's not really a stinger) by babies or just got lucky (which turned into unlucky for him) or what. In any event, gross dude.

And at TC, Max is gone, leaving Will all alone with 5 girls. That tribe better pray for lots of puzzles and balance challenges for the next few weeks.

Anyway, the game just got more interesting. I'm ready for the run-up to the real merge!

Dalton's Recap: http://www.ew.com/recap/survivor-season-30-episode-4

meh
heySkippy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2015, 06:23 AM   #2
Anubys
KMT Soccer Playa

Ah, Rodney! Love him!

he's going to stay Cool, Calm, and Collective!

Plus, his mother is a total MYLF*

* The "Y" stands for "You". Rodney is not a complete perv, after all.

Anubys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2015, 06:26 AM   #3
Donbadabon
Geocacher

Since Max taught a class about Survivor, I was hoping he would take it to the end. But tonight he showed major flaws in his gameplay. He kept showing them over and how how much he knows about the history of Survivor, and that caused a lot of red flags within the team. And even when they mentioned it to him, he would keep talking. Dumb.

Donbadabon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2015, 06:54 AM   #4
bikegeek

I thought it was funny that they killed and ate one of the hens instead of the rooster.

bikegeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2015, 07:10 AM   #5
loubob57
Cancer sucks!

TC CLUB MEMBER
I seem to remember some complaints about only one challenge per episode. Well we got our fill of challenges last night! And I was thinking "It's all fun and games until somebody has to get stitches."

Old 03-19-2015, 07:47 AM   #6
madscientist
Deregistered Snoozer

What a nightmare of a shuffle! It could not have been worse, I don't think, for red. Not only did the red team not have much strength, but they got a lot of disgruntled people. Well, I suppose blue didn't do too much better in that department.

I absolutely howled at Dan "apologizing" to Sierra. "I've talked to so many girls, I know how to do it!" I mean, Mike's advice was completely sexist but Dan would have been much better off using it, than doing his own thing! Loved it.

I couldn't believe they voted out Max. He must have been SOOO much more annoying than they showed on the episode. To me Shirin was the most aggravating, and to jettison just about the only really strong player they have left? Although I have to say, for all his physicality he had questionable judgement at the challenge. He did win it though, so you've got to give him some credit.

One thing about the signal calling challenge I noticed: they had boy/girl pairings and they had the girl in front most of the time (especially the white collar tribe)... seemed like a good call in general as a significant hit in the crotch like that can put the guy out of commission, or at least moving slowly, for a few crucial minutes. I think no-collar really benefited from having Joe calling for them: his voice was probably easier to discern from the other two tribes' callers.

Old 03-19-2015, 08:32 AM   #7
latrobe7
Just one more thing

I was fine with Rodney or Lindsey going in the first episode; and Max or Shirin in the second episode.

Though if I was voting, I think I would have picked Rodney - get rid of him now while you can! I'm afraid he may be kept around by a better player as the ideal person to go to the Final Tribal with. He's already guaranteed that he wouldn't get a single female vote, and I'm sure he will piss-off the guys before too long!

I agree with the vote to eliminate Max. I think Shirin is more annoying, but I think Max is more likely to take Shirin being voted out as a wake-up call and get his head in the game. Shirin I think more likely to go into a downward spiral and get herself voted out the next time they go to tribal.

Jenn is "Survivor-hot".

Kelly is who I'm rooting for now. She's tough and smart without drama or arrogance.

latrobe7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2015, 08:35 AM   #8
heySkippy
oldweakandpathetic

Quote:
Originally Posted by latrobe7 View Post
Kelly is who I'm rooting for now. She's tough and smart without drama or arrogance.
Agreed, and I think Joe may be the male version.

meh
heySkippy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2015, 10:11 AM   #9
pendragn

Quote:
Originally Posted by heySkippy View Post
Agreed, and I think Joe may be the male version.
Joe has my vote now. He's calm, he's smart, he's athletic, and he seems to get along with people. That's a good combination.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

pendragn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2015, 10:50 AM   #10
Necromancer2006

Rodney's mother must be so proud.

I think back to all the villains and they were villains because you loved to hate them.

I don't think Rodney could be considered a villain because he's nothing more than a misogynistic bully loudmouth big-talking muscle-head. He's just hated. Other villains may have been hated, but they were at least respected in some sense. What is there to respect out of Rodney?

Necromancer2006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2015, 11:19 AM   #11
Anubys
KMT Soccer Playa

Another Rodney gem was the 500-word essay he has tattooed on his arm for his sister.

Rodney is the gift that keeps on giving. I hope he stays in the game for a long time!

Old 03-19-2015, 05:31 PM   #12
JFriday
"Just The Facts"

I love episodes where people tell you how smart they are and get voted out.

JFriday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2015, 09:26 PM   #13
BluesFools

And episodes where they say "I'm really happy to go to tribal council and change the dynamic around my camp"... and get voted out.

BluesFools is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2015, 09:27 PM   #14
getreal
postcrastinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by bikegeek View Post
I thought it was funny that they killed and ate one of the hens instead of the rooster.
I also noticed that they picked out a hen but I just thought they were stupid ... especially that none on their tribe seemed to realize why that was a dumb choice.

getreal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2015, 11:36 PM   #15
realityboy

Jen seems to be in charge of the game now. Great move for her. The remaining no collars on the red tribe don't really have to worry about losing challenges. It would take 4 more losses for them to be in trouble and then Will goes first. I get Kelly voting with them and just sticking with the majority. Carolyn might've made a mistake though (if Kelly was really going to vote out Will*). She could've been a solid 3rd in a 4 person group, but now she's 4th or 5th in a 5 person group. Sure Sharin goes next, but after that, she's in trouble. Max & Sharin must be completely unbearable.

* if Carolyn knew that Kelly was voting for Max, then she didn't have much choice but to flip. The episode portrayed her as the swing vote, but it could've been Kelly in which case, Carolyn made the right move.

realityboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2015, 07:11 AM   #16
jradosh
Newlywed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Necromancer2006 View Post
What is there to respect out of Rodney?
All I got is this... he found his sister dead. Other than that, not much.

Check out
. :)
jradosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2015, 07:21 AM   #17
Anubys
KMT Soccer Playa

Quote:
Originally Posted by jradosh View Post
But there's more...finding his sister dead is a story that helps him pick up women in bars!

Old 03-20-2015, 07:40 AM   #18
jradosh
Newlywed

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anubys View Post
But there's more...finding his sister dead is a story that helps him pick up women in bars!
Only the ones that don't hold themselves up to a higher standard!

Rodney might not have any foot warts, so he's got that going for himself. Which is good nice.

Check out
. :)

Last edited by jradosh; 03-20-2015 at 08:44 AM.
jradosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2015, 08:13 AM   #19
Anubys
KMT Soccer Playa

Quote:
Only the ones that don't hold themselves up to a higher standard!

Rodney might not have any foot warts, so he's got that going for himself. Which is good.
...Which is NICE.

...as of this moment, [you]'re on double secret probation!

Old 03-20-2015, 09:26 AM   #20
pendragn

Quote:
And it was one of the worst things that ever happened to him. I don't have any siblings, but in my short 41 years, if I found one of my hypothetical siblings dead on the floor, it would be the worst thing that has ever happened to me. I may be leading a charmed life though.

pendragn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2015, 04:14 PM   #21
stellie93

Quote:
Originally Posted by pendragn View Post
Joe has my vote now. He's calm, he's smart, he's athletic, and he seems to get along with people. That's a good combination.
Is he the one with the weird voice? Other than that I like him too.

I wonder if they design different challenges if 1 of the tribes is all women?

stellie93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2015, 04:17 PM   #22
DevdogAZ
Give em Hell, Devils

Quote:
Originally Posted by madscientist View Post
I absolutely howled at Dan "apologizing" to Sierra. "I've talked to so many girls, I know how to do it!" I mean, Mike's advice was completely sexist but Dan would have been much better off using it, than doing his own thing! Loved it.
Yes, that was GENIUS editing. Dan is soooo proud of himself for thinking that he knows how to communicate with women, yet he's unable to keep his mouth shut when challenged and goes on the defensive and ends up making things worse. He's just lucky he's on the blue team.

Quote:
Originally Posted by realityboy View Post
Jen seems to be in charge of the game now. Great move for her. The remaining no collars on the red tribe don't really have to worry about losing challenges. It would take 4 more losses for them to be in trouble and then Will goes first. I get Kelly voting with them and just sticking with the majority. Carolyn might've made a mistake though (if Kelly was really going to vote out Will*). She could've been a solid 3rd in a 4 person group, but now she's 4th or 5th in a 5 person group. Sure Sharin goes next, but after that, she's in trouble. Max & Sharin must be completely unbearable.

* if Carolyn knew that Kelly was voting for Max, then she didn't have much choice but to flip. The episode portrayed her as the swing vote, but it could've been Kelly in which case, Carolyn made the right move.
I don't think most of that matters, because the Merge will likely happen within a couple episodes. I expect red to lose next week and Shirin to be voted out, then it's possible the Merge comes after that. If they don't Merge at 12 and red loses again, then it will be interesting to see how things shake out.

Old 03-20-2015, 05:27 PM   #23
getreal
postcrastinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by stellie93 View Post
I believe the challenges go to more balancing & endurance & puzzles/memory events.

getreal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2015, 08:05 PM   #24
Anubys
KMT Soccer Playa

Quote:

I think the guy with the weird voice is Mike. Joe is the guy from the no collar tribe who is tight with Jenny and Hali.

Old 03-20-2015, 08:25 PM   #25
KyleLC
Unregistered User

TC CLUB MEMBER
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anubys View Post
I think the guy with the weird voice is Mike. Joe is the guy from the no collar tribe who is tight with Jenny and Hali.
Yeah, Mike is the one with the weird voice. lol

KyleLC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2015, 09:31 PM   #26
mattack

Was it 2 episodes because of March Madness? (Do we not have new eps for a few weeks?)

mattack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2015, 11:31 PM   #27
realityboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattack View Post
Was it 2 episodes because of March Madness? (Do we not have new eps for a few weeks?)
I don't think March Madness impacts Wednesdays. I remember when Survivor came on Thursdays that it would move to Wednesdays for a few weeks in March.

realityboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2015, 07:35 AM   #28
Donbadabon
Geocacher

Quote:
Unless something has changed, no. Jeff has said in the past that all the challenges,and the order they are played, are determined prior to the season starting.

Donbadabon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2015, 10:49 AM   #29
laria
Librocubicularist

Quote:

Or if you're like me and have no clue who Jenny and Hali are... Joe is the young guy with the curly man-bun.

Old 03-21-2015, 11:07 AM   #30
Anubys
KMT Soccer Playa

Quote:
Originally Posted by laria View Post
Or if you're like me and have no clue who Jenny and Hali are... Joe is the young guy with the curly man-bun.
Or if you're like me, Jenny is the one with the very awkward stain on the front of her bikini bottom