TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Roamio DVRs
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 10-30-2013, 07:54 PM   #1
ObiDobi

Arrow MoCA Ethernet Issue

I need some assistance, Maybe this issue is easy and has been answered before but as someone at the end of his rope im waving the white flag and asking for assistance none the less.

I have the basic 4 tuner Roamio and so far I love it..till I decided to set up a MoCA network.

I have had my tivo up and working for about 2 weeks now and its been great, I had it connected over wireless and it worked fine. I then decided to do a MoCA network so that I could set up a mini in the future. I got the 2 adapters set up correctly as all the lights are on and functional.

I got the ethernet cable going from the 2nd adapter to the tivo and after I reset the tivo it now shows up in the settings that it has ethernet connection and even lists the IP and MAC information.

However the box says it has no internet connection and when I test the network it says that the ethernet cable is unplugged. I took the cable out of the tivo and put it into my Macbook and it worked flawlessly got right on line and everything.

Put the ethernet cable back into the tivo and once again on one screen it says connection type ethernet, lists the IP and MAC address then says on another screen that its unplugged.

Am I missing something?

Also there is no MoCA option in the network settings. Im assuming this will remain the case till i get internet connection working?

To sum up..help
ObiDobi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2013, 08:50 PM   #2
ObiDobi

Ethernet yes MoCA no

Ok I solved one issue, I got it to connect over the ethernet cable, turns out all I did was change the ethernet cable one the first adapter from the modem to the router. So thats working. However..

Now that its connected to the internet it STILL shows nowhere anything about MoCA. In the change network settings i only get the options to modify ethernet or connect wirelessly.

https://www.tivo.com/my-account/how-...inExistingMoCA

According to this document there should be a MoCA option but there isnt?
Old 10-30-2013, 09:02 PM   #3
BigJimOutlaw

Good catch. That document is incorrect.

MoCA network settings are only on the boxes with integrated MoCA, so there isn't anything about MoCA in the base Roamio. All the Tivo knows is that it's connected to a network via ethernet. That document incorrectly ascribes the instructions for the Plus/Pro to the base model too.

Last edited by BigJimOutlaw : 10-30-2013 at 09:09 PM.
BigJimOutlaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2013, 09:09 PM   #4
ObiDobi

So how will that work with the Mini I set up? will it just automatically connect and ill be able to start streaming?

thanks for the reply!
Old 10-30-2013, 09:12 PM   #5
BigJimOutlaw

With the Mini, you select "MoCA" from the network settings and it should just work.
BigJimOutlaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2013, 09:14 PM   #6
ObiDobi

ok ill give that a shot and update with results, thanks for all your help