TiVo Community
TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Roamio DVRs
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 15 votes, 5.00 average.
Old 06-24-2014, 10:00 PM   #601
CrispyCritter
Purple Ribbon Wearer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ringjim View Post
My plans to upgrade all 3 of my TiVo's to Roamio's (I currently have Premier and 2 Series 2's).. has come to a screaching halt. With the C133 errors I've been receiving on a regular basis have made me rethink TiVo products in entirety now. Guess I'll have to see if there is an alternative option since TiVo doesn't seem to care any longer. They are losing market share and for good reason. Very sad to see a great company revert to a Comcast level of service.
If you are seeing C133 errors on a regular basis, then you have problems with your network hardware (which might include network hardware within the TiVo, but probably not since those problems are easy to see). I'm not sure why you blame TiVo for not debugging your network.
Old 06-24-2014, 10:11 PM   #602
pshivers
Retired!

Perhaps it would be better if you went with some other solution besides Tivo...

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk
Charter CableCard Firmware Updated to PKEY_1.5.3_F.p.1101 All 6 tuners are now Active and Working!
Tivo Roamio
Tivo Mini (x3)

pshivers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2014, 10:24 PM   #603
alanpgh

Tivo is a great solution. You just have to find the fixes and all will work well after that!
alanpgh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2015, 08:12 PM   #604
morac
Cat God

I'm getting blue spinning circles on my TiVos currently and the iOS app is complaining of network errors (tried Wifi and LTE).

Tivo's status page says everything is up and running, but that doesn't appear to be the case.

Edit: The Tivos seem to be working now, still getting blue circles, but they go away in about 5 seconds. iOS app still fails to log in though.

Edit 2: and the box won't load program info now so, for example, selecting an item in the To Do list shows a spinning blue circle and goes back to the To Do list.

Last edited by morac : 01-05-2015 at 04:23 PM. Reason: left out a word.
morac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2015, 08:28 PM   #605
MrDell

I am having the same proble right now also....must be a problem with their servers
MrDell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2015, 08:39 PM   #606
das335

Also seeing the spinning blue circles on my Roamio and Premeire. As mentioned earlier in this thread, they clear after about 5 seconds.
das335 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2015, 08:40 PM   #607
El Maestro

Same issues here. Syracuse, NY, Roamio Pro on Fios. Blue circles and app trouble...

I also sometimes get at C501 when using the what to watch now feature tonight.
El Maestro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2015, 08:40 PM   #608
morac
Cat God

Seems to be working intermittently, so I agree it's server problems, which makes me wonder why http://status.tivo.com is showing everything is operational.

Comcast in NJ
Old 01-04-2015, 08:51 PM   #609
El Maestro

Yeah that's weird. The app keeps telling me I have incorrect user name or password, but I know they're right. Oddly, I can sign into my account at tivo.com no problem.
Old 01-04-2015, 08:54 PM   #610
keenanSR

Seeing the blue circles as well, and kmttg is not functioning properly either although I'm unsure if it's related.
keenanSR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2015, 08:56 PM   #611
MrDell

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Maestro View Post
Yeah that's weird. The app keeps telling me I have incorrect user name or password, but I know they're right. Oddly, I can sign into my account at tivo.com no problem.
That's exactly what's happening to me! Apps on my two tablets are behaving the same! I hope all my scheduled recordings will be OK.... This is the start of the new season!!!
Old 01-04-2015, 08:59 PM   #612
morac
Cat God

Made it through to TiVo phone support and they told me one of their servers decided to run an update about an hour ago instead of earlier in the day like they normall do. That is slowing things down so anyone on that server will experience intermittent issues as the box is slow to respond.

He also told me he doesn't know why they bother having a status.tivo.com site since it's rarely accurate.

Anyway, I managed to log in to the Tivo app, though it took a lot of tries. I'm assuming that whenever their servers finish doing whatever it is they are doing, things will return to normal.
Old 01-04-2015, 09:01 PM   #613
MrDell

Quote:
Originally Posted by morac View Post
Made it through to TiVo phone support and they told me one of their servers decided to run an update about an hour ago instead of earlier in the day like they normall do. That is slowing things down so anyone on that server will experience intermittent issues as the box is slow to respond.

I managed to log in to the Tivo app, though it took a lot of tries. I'm assuming that whenever their servers finish doing whatever it is they are doing, things will return to normal.
Thank you for the update! Hopefully it won't be too much longer....
Old 01-04-2015, 09:03 PM   #614
tbb1226
TiVo Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Maestro View Post
Same for me in Michigan. I have both the iOS and Android TiVo apps, and I am intermittently able to connect with my two TiVo boxes, but each time I do, eventually I get the "box not responding" message and then the "invalid password" notice.
tbb1226 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2015, 09:04 PM   #615
morac
Cat God

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrDell View Post
That's exactly what's happening to me! Apps on my two tablets are behaving the same! I hope all my scheduled recordings will be OK.... This is the start of the new season!!!
Existing season passes and recordings should be fine. If you are trying to schedule one now though, you'll likely run into issues.
Old 01-04-2015, 09:13 PM   #616
unclehonkey

yeah cant set Season passes right now
having issues adding time to existing timers but setting one time timers are fine

Trying to set up SP for the new shows on AntennaTV that start tomorrow

When I tried to connect to do an update it gave me a "unexplained error" as to why it failed. Now I know
unclehonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2015, 09:27 PM   #617
BigJimOutlaw

Recently, like others, I've gotten blue circles when trying to access a show's info page (and subsequently playing it). When that happened I just hit the Play button from My Shows to skip the page entirely.

Tonight I can't play my recordings at all. Even hitting Play from My Shows causes blue circles for a while, then times out. Nothing happens.

Yay. This perpetual cloud integration works swimmingly.
BigJimOutlaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2015, 09:35 PM   #618
jwbelcher

Just completed watching a show and chose to delete, now I'm stuck staring at a black screen.... I think I'm going to disconnect my box from the internet, which hopefully will have less issues than this....
jwbelcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2015, 09:44 PM   #619
jwbelcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwbelcher View Post
Just completed watching a show and chose to delete, now I'm stuck staring at a black screen.... I think I'm going to disconnect my box from the internet, which hopefully will have less issues than this....
On the upside unplugging released my black screen and sped up navigation
jwbelcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2015, 09:56 PM   #620
Bytez

Seeing the blue spinning circle as well.
Old 01-04-2015, 10:01 PM   #621
mandms7

Both my Premiere and Roamio Plus are impacted by this issue. If you try to utilize the "What to Watch Now" function, I receive a "There was an unexpected problem. (C501)" message.
mandms7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2015, 10:06 PM   #622
MrDell

Quote:
Originally Posted by mandms7 View Post
Both my Premiere and Roamio Plus are impacted by this issue. If you try to utilize the "What to Watch Now" function, I receive a "There was an unexpected problem. (C501)" message.
I have both Premiere and Roamio and the same is happening to me...very frustrating!
Old 01-04-2015, 10:20 PM   #623
leitzsout

Outages happen and are frustrating; but, the ongoing lack of communication and transparency is maddening! That's the easy fix.
leitzsout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2015, 11:03 PM   #624
morac
Cat God

Seems to be working much better now.
Old 01-04-2015, 11:06 PM   #625
El Maestro

Yep, I think we might be all good. All services and the app are working.
Old 01-05-2015, 10:44 AM   #626
RoyK

I've had the spinning circle problem on three occasions since I moved from TiVo HD to Romeo a week and a half ago. When I try to select and play a recording that exists on my device there is absolutely no valid reason, in my humble opinion, for the software to effectively tell me "stand by - your request is less important than my need to contact the mothership so you need to wait and watch this nice blue spinning circle for the better part of a minute while I bring up some info for the show that you have already decided to watch."

If that is the paradigm that the Romeo software uses -- that all UI is ignored when the software attempts to contact home then somebody needs to do some serious rethinking/recoding.
RoyK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2015, 10:57 AM   #627
wmhjr

Quote:
Originally Posted by morac View Post
Seems to be working intermittently, so I agree it's server problems, which makes me wonder why http://status.tivo.com is showing everything is operational.

Comcast in NJ

Wonder why status.tivo.com is showing everything as operational?!?!?!?

I wonder why it exists. It's worthless in my experience.
wmhjr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2015, 11:00 AM   #628
wmhjr

Quote:
Originally Posted by mandms7 View Post
This has been happening every once in a while for me too, though last night it was constant. Even trying to play content recorded on the Roamio Pro I was on, I'd get the spinning blue circle for sometimes a couple minutes and then finally it would start to play. I had not read anything here last night, so first thing this morning, I shut everything down including my entire network, and brought everything up fresh. No reason why that would be necessary other than experience with Tivos being really flaky from a network perspective. And I use static IPs on all my Tivos, with that IP range excluded from DHCP, so there should be zero network issues. All hardwired CAT6.
wmhjr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2015, 11:01 AM   #629
Rob Helmerichs
I am Groot!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoyK View Post
When I try to select and play a recording that exists on my device there is absolutely no valid reason, in my humble opinion, for the software to effectively tell me "stand by - your request is less important than my need to contact the mothership so you need to wait and watch this nice blue spinning circle for the better part of a minute while I bring up some info for the show that you have already decided to watch."
While I agree it's a nuisance, in my experience you can always play the program...it's just getting the additional information that causes the delay. IOW, if you hit "play" instead of "enter," it will function.

And the server problems seem to be a recent, fairly short-term thing...I got my Roamio a month or two ago, and yesterday was the first time I saw that. So hopefully it's just a momentary glitch and not a regular occurrence.
Old 01-05-2015, 11:30 AM   #630
RoyK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Helmerichs View Post
While I agree it's a nuisance, in my experience you can always play the program...it's just getting the additional information that causes the delay. IOW, if you hit "play" instead of "enter," it will function.

And the server problems seem to be a recent, fairly short-term thing...I got my Roamio a month or two ago, and yesterday was the first time I saw that. So hopefully it's just a momentary glitch and not a regular occurrence.
Perhaps. But still there is no reason to hang that long. Timing out in a second or two would make sense. If a connection isn't made in that time it's reasonable to assume that there is a problem. Why hang everything up? Simply show a default message and go on.

Last edited by RoyK : 01-05-2015 at 11:35 AM.
RoyK is offline   Reply With Quote