TiVo Community
TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Roamio DVRs
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 5 votes, 5.00 average.
Old 02-06-2014, 09:02 PM   #511
redbeard25

Roamio C133ing in Nashville.

Former:
Premiere Elite LT + 1TB exp
TivoHD (upg to 1TB) LT
Stock TivoHD M2M
S2ST LT
S2DT 200GB
S2ST 200GB
Philips S1 (original 14hr version)
redbeard25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2014, 09:07 PM   #512
AAinCal

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaronwt View Post
C133 here too. Certainly nothing to do with wireless. I can still watch Netflix and my recordings and start a recording. But I couldn't create a Season Pass for the Olympics. I guess I'll need to wait until the C133 error is gone.
How are you able to get to Netflix? For me, the C133 removes all video services. I can still acess the network thorough Opera based apps and Pandora, etc. but not Netflix or Youtube.
AAinCal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2014, 09:11 PM   #513
kbmb

Quote:
Originally Posted by AAinCal View Post
How are you able to get to Netflix? For me, the C133 removes all video services. I can still acess the network thorough Opera based apps and Pandora, etc. but not Netflix or Youtube.
Access them through the Find TV, Movies and Videos option in tivo central.

BTW really weird, my Tivo Plus has the error but my Basic doesn't. Same wired network.

-Kevin
kbmb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2014, 09:12 PM   #514
aaronwt
HD Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by AAinCal View Post
I don't know. Netflix and other streaming apps are still listed on my ROamio BAsic and Pro. I've only tried out Netflix though and am streaming a movie right now.

EDIT: I just backed out out of Netflix and I see that the C133 error is gone now.
39TB unRAID1--53TB unRAID2--36TB unRAID3
XBL/PSN: WormholeXtreme
aaronwt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2014, 09:18 PM   #515
grey ghost

Yep, C133 in Jackson, MS
grey ghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2014, 09:23 PM   #516
StevesWeb
Grumpy Old Geek

I see the TiVo service down and Netflix is working on my Roamio basic.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
StevesWeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2014, 09:28 PM   #517
AAinCal

Quote:
Originally Posted by kbmb View Post
Access them through the Find TV, Movies and Videos option in tivo central.

BTW really weird, my Tivo Plus has the error but my Basic doesn't. Same wired network.

-Kevin
I get an error message referring to the C133 under both Search and Browse, so no Netflix for me there. I did reboot once the C133 started and wouldn't clear, so maybe I lost it then. Oh well, I guess there's not much to do but wait.
AAinCal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2014, 09:29 PM   #518
celtic pride

In the past few months tivo has had that C133 error code a few times after going years without ever seeing it! Anyone know why tivo has been having this problem all of a sudden?
celtic pride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2014, 09:32 PM   #519
cherrytree

C133 in Boston MA now.
cherrytree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2014, 09:42 PM   #520
wtherrell

C133 here as well Charlotte NC. New Roamio connected to ethernet /moca

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk
wtherrell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2014, 09:52 PM   #521
Tivohud

New to Romio...

Does the C133 error prevent the wireless network connection from setting up properly? Was having a hard time setting it up yesterday, and when I finally got it connected I was getting intermittent C133 errors. Today I had C133 all evening, and when I reset the box I now cannot setup wireless again. Is it possible this issues are interrelated?

I've got to say the way the C133 error cripples the box (I couldn't cancel a recording in progress let alone access network features) is really making me reconsider the Romio.
Tivohud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2014, 09:56 PM   #522
hybucket

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tivohud View Post
New to Romio...

Does the C133 error prevent the wireless network connection from setting up properly? Was having a hard time setting it up yesterday, and when I finally got it connected I was getting intermittent C133 errors. Today I had C133 all evening, and when I reset the box I now cannot setup wireless again. Is it possible this issues are interrelated?

I've got to say the way the C133 error cripples the box (I couldn't cancel a recording in progress let alone access network features) is really making me reconsider the Romio.
As annoying as this is, it (up to very recently) it was hardly ever an issue. If you think THIS is annoying, try the Comcast DVRs. Every time the power even burps, you lose most of the guide for days.
hybucket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2014, 10:32 PM   #523
eherberg

Setting up the Roamio last weekend - I had issues with the C133 error also. I then thought about how my laptop has connection issues whenever anybody comes over and brings a new wireless device with them and connects to my network. Those issues go away when I reboot the router and everything reconnects to the network.

Rebooting the router ... and then rebooting the Tivo ... solved my C133 errors. Everything connected and worked just after that.
eherberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2014, 11:00 PM   #524
rlcarr

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherrytree View Post
C133 in Boston MA now.
Ditto. (I'm using MoCA, FWIW).

Mine specifically says:

Quote:
Temporary problem (C133)

There is a problem with your TiVo box.
But don't worry -- we will have it back to normal shortly. Until then you can continue to watch live or recorded television.
No exclamation points. I can ping both the Roamio Pro and its embedded Stream device fine on my LAN. kmttg also talks to it fine. But I of course can't do any streaming. And I can't make the daily service connection either, so it does look like something's messed up at the TiVo mothership tonight.

Last edited by rlcarr : 02-06-2014 at 11:07 PM.
rlcarr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2014, 11:01 PM   #525
krar4

First day of C133 error on my Premiere in Rockford, IL. Never had this error occur previously. Is it just a matter of waiting for TiVo to fix it?
krar4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2014, 11:05 PM   #526
kdmorse

Mine went away on both my Premiers about an hour ago (DC). So perhaps a fix is cascading in.
kdmorse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2014, 11:10 PM   #527
rlcarr

Just rebooted my Pro but it's still seeing the "Temporary Error (C133)". Guess I'll just have to wait until TiVo fixes whatever's wrong on their end.

So, when there's a C133, will the box at least record stuff on the To Do list? Or will it only let you watch live TV and watch previously-recorded stuff?
Old 02-06-2014, 11:12 PM   #528
rlcarr

FWIW, here's what TivoMargret said on her twitter a while ago:

Quote:
TiVo Margret Schmidt ‏@tivodesign 2h
@bijans Yes, there is something going on. We are looking into it.

Last edited by rlcarr : 02-06-2014 at 11:17 PM.
Old 02-07-2014, 12:04 AM   #529
Farhawk3

C133 problem here in Santa Cruz,CA also. Roamio shows error message and mini says it can't connect to the network. Also getting a C501 intermittently when I navigate to the Settings page. Still a problem @ 10pm PST. Box performance seems to be slow as well , at the moment. Presumably related to the c133 issue.

Had these two units for less than a week now. I'm not impressed.

HD User Interface has some real issues too IMO. Thinking about bringing back the series 3 that the Roamio replaced. Was a real nosebleed transferring content from the 3 with the external drive to the Roamio too. I would think TiVo would have a process for that by now for its customers.

Hope this C133 problem does not become a recurring theme. I like Tivo a lot but it seems to be growing less reliable as a product and as a company. Not sure after all these years why they still seem to act like a small company learning how to walk. Keeping a paid service on line should be within their grasp by now, it's the core of their business model.
Farhawk3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2014, 12:05 AM   #530
nooneuknow
TiVo User Since 2007

Region/Location: Southern NV

Same on all three Roamio base models here. It's been this way for hours at this time.

Saw TiVoMargret's tweet about it before I even came here. It's always nice that rather than spending a day, and/or evening, following "TiVo Support's" useless troubleshooting scripts (in scenarios when it is actually TiVo's problem), we can get a "straight" confirmation from her, and just wait it out.

I don't feel it is right (that it is this way), but things would be far worse if we didn't have TiVoMargret available to tell us they are working on things.

I've given up on TCF as being the first place to check for issues being on TiVo's end of things... The best I can expect is too see more reports of issues, and references/links to her tweets.

I've finally just accepted that I need to keep another browser tab open to view her twitter feed (rather than complaining about her declining participation within TCF, and lack of real-time updates on critical issues like these within TCF)...

nooneuknow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2014, 12:09 AM   #531
alanpgh

Looks like a big outage. Been down for 4+ hours.

This is one way to "sort of" check: (per other TiVo users)
http://www.isitdownrightnow.com/tivo.com.html
alanpgh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2014, 12:18 AM   #532
nooneuknow
TiVo User Since 2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by alanpgh View Post

As others already have pointed out, the status of the tivo.com website is irrelevant to the servers that provide the actual TiVo service.

All it does (right now, for example) is tell people "Tivo.com is UP and reachable. The website is probably down just for you..."

Last edited by nooneuknow : 02-07-2014 at 01:27 AM.
Old 02-07-2014, 12:20 AM   #533
apwelsh

Quote:
Originally Posted by alanpgh View Post

This only checks that the tivo.com website is up. which it is...
apwelsh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2014, 12:28 AM   #534
apwelsh

So I have noticed this since 2/4 or 2/5 (can't remember now), and today I tried testing all kinds of things. I removed IPv6 from my router, I rebooted all my hardware. C133 remains. I tried network diagnostics, and all tests passed, and all ports and DNS tests passed.

I discovered I could (and have been) connect to the TiVo Service to download guid updates, etc, but still C133 error.

This I noticed the only thing I don't have is the "What to watch now" menu option which is grey. By selecting it sometimes the C133 error message appears as a pop-up message, but sometimes the C133 message goes away, and it starts searching for the list of shows and then errors with a different number. Most it just errors with C133.

Find Tv Show also is greyed out, and does not work.

I do not have NetFlix so I cannot confirm if that is an issue.

This seems to be a service outage, or a DNS error (DNS Spoofing attack maybe?). My guess is the services on Tivo's network are just down. Perhaps if we had to actual DNS and port of the services we could monitor it too with "isitdownrightnow.com"
apwelsh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2014, 12:29 AM   #535
Dan203
Super Moderator

I swear this always happens when I'm setting something up! Last time it happened right in the middle of repeating Guided Setup for a new lineup, this time it's happening as I'm trying to copy all the shows from my wife'a XL4 to her new Roamio. And again I stupidly thought I was having a network problem so I spent like an hour troubleshooting it before coming here to see if it was a system outage.

WTF TiVo? Why is this happening so frequently?
Dan203 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2014, 12:30 AM   #536
rgr

Still getting C133. I keep hoping that these outages will encourage them to decouple normal box operation from requiring a live connection.
rgr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2014, 12:55 AM   #537
nooneuknow
TiVo User Since 2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan203 View Post
I swear this always happens when I'm setting something up! Last time it happened right in the middle of repeating Guided Setup for a new lineup, this time it's happening as I'm trying to copy all the shows from my wife'a XL4 to her new Roamio. And again I stupidly thought I was having a network problem so I spent like an hour troubleshooting it before coming here to see if it was a system outage.

WTF TiVo? Why is this happening so frequently?
If I had the luck/timing you do, I'd be mad as hell... I recall many of the former outages being timed to a major configuration change for you.

It's back up for me (came up right as I made my last post on the subject).

TiVo either needs to get their act together, or re-code for less internet service dependency. Although, I guess both the former and latter would be best for those at the end-user side...

From what I've gathered, using both by my own raw/hex disk editors, and what others have contributed, there seems to be nothing really stopping TiVo from keeping more data cached locally, rather than in the cloud. The partitions for the data are still on the disk, just empty placeholders at this point.

All this examining of the Roamio's makeup made me believe TiVo was headed the way of a cloud-DVR service, and possibly stop making the hardware, long before the subject-to-interpretation "announcement" was made...

I sometimes wish the whole internet would go gown for a few days, just to show people how ridiculous cloud-anything is, especially for things like home security services...

I never did lose the ability to make scheduled/manual TiVo Service connections during this outage. All units downloaded data and completed without error. In most cases I'm aware of, to date, scheduled/manual service connections were unable to complete (or even initiate, in some cases). This time seemed like only the real-time connection was down...

YMMV with what anybody else experienced, since these "outages" seem to vary from regional to national, with different regions sometimes having more functionality than others do when things go wrong on TiVo's end of the matter...
Old 02-07-2014, 01:01 AM   #538
ThAbtO
TiVoholic by the bay

http://www.isitdownrightnow.com/mind.tivo.com.html

This is what the C133 is coming from.

~~~~~

The TiVo Apocalypse begins on Sat 2013 Feb 16 00:00 GMT!
ThAbtO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2014, 01:01 AM   #539
alanpgh

Still Down in Pittsburgh, PA.

TiVo, when do you estimate the service will be back online?

Thanks,
Alan
alanpgh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2014, 01:16 AM   #540
Xabanero

Have never seen the C133 error until tonight. TWC Austin, TX Roamio Plus 2 months ownership. It looks like half my tuners are down as well.
Xabanero is offline   Reply With Quote