TiVo Community
TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Roamio DVRs
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 8 votes, 5.00 average.
Old 12-12-2013, 01:26 PM   #421
rainwater

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beryl View Post
If Margret is listening, users should not be instructed to take action to resolve TiVo problems except to report the problem. If resolution requires a forced TiVo connection, TiVo should push out that connection.
First off, she is clearly listening as she is responding to users and trying to solve the issue.

Second, users don't HAVE to take any action to resolve the issue. It will fix itself on its own. Asking users to force a connection is just a way to fix the issue faster. Don't do it and it will eventually force a connection on its own.
rainwater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2013, 04:08 PM   #422
Beryl

Quote:
Originally Posted by rainwater View Post
First off, she is clearly listening as she is responding to users and trying to solve the issue. Second, users don't HAVE to take any action to resolve the issue. It will fix itself on its own. Asking users to force a connection is just a way to fix the issue faster. Don't do it and it will eventually force a connection on its own.
Perhaps you did not read that the forced connection after 9:30 pm PST advice provided did not work.
Old 12-12-2013, 04:10 PM   #423
jimmypowder

Here's betting I see the C133 message on Christmas day. Anyone wanna take that bet? LOL!
jimmypowder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2013, 04:19 PM   #424
Bierboy
Seasoned gas passer

Quote:
First off, she is clearly listening as she is responding to users and trying to solve the issue...
She responded within minutes to my Twitter comment...kudos.

XL4
Bierboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2013, 04:49 PM   #425
rainwater

Quote:
Perhaps you did not read that the forced connection after 9:30 pm PST advice provided did not work.
Yes, the point was to get the c133 to be removed faster. Again, it was not necessary. She only offered that up to hep people get their TiVo back to functioning faster. The fact that it didn't work for everyone means they still had issues. I don't see the problem with asking people to force a connection in this case. Especially since it wasn't required to get it fixed.
rainwater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2013, 05:22 PM   #426
CloudAtlas

Quote:
First off, she is clearly listening as she is responding to users and trying to solve the issue.

Second, users don't HAVE to take any action to resolve the issue. It will fix itself on its own. Asking users to force a connection is just a way to fix the issue faster. Don't do it and it will eventually force a connection on its own.

Quote:
Yes, the point was to get the c133 to be removed faster. Again, it was not necessary. She only offered that up to help people get their TiVo back to functioning faster. The fact that it didn't work for everyone means they still had issues. I don't see the problem with asking people to force a connection in this case. Especially since it wasn't required to get it fixed.

CloudAtlas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2013, 09:50 PM   #427
Sam Dotson

I'm about to cancel Directv, but now I'm having second thoughts.

I just purchased a Roamio plus and a Mini, and my install date with FIOS is on the 16th, but after reading all about these new Tivo stability issues, I'm starting to have second thoughts about canceling my Directv. Directv certainly has its own stability issues when there is a storm, but they are pretty rare, and short lived for me. When I read all the posts on this issue, I cant quite tell what works and what doesn't when this issue crops up. Could someone summarize what works and what doesn't when this issue happens, before I overreact and put my new Tivo hardware up for sale.

Sam
Sam Dotson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2013, 12:10 AM   #428
NorthAlabama
tabasco rules

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam Dotson View Post
...I'm starting to have second thoughts about canceling my Directv....When I read all the posts on this issue, I cant quite tell what works and what doesn't when this issue crops up.
i suggest you give fios a try, at least for the trial period (check the policy on their website). dtv might send you a great "come back" offer if you're not happy.
Quote:
Could someone summarize what works and what doesn't when this issue happens, before I overreact and put my new Tivo hardware up for sale.
keep in mind this is not a constant or regular issue. it's been more of a hassel the last week or so, but i'm convinced tivo will go back to normal (rare outages). my biggest hassel has been in deleting upcoming recordings from my to do list and server dependent content searches. my pandora has still worked, but others are reporting trouble with online apps.

The truth will set you free. But not until it is finished with you. - David Foster Wallace
NorthAlabama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2013, 01:40 AM   #429
lessd

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthAlabama View Post
i suggest you give fios a try, at least for the trial period (check the policy on their website). dtv might send you a great "come back" offer if you're not happy.

keep in mind this is not a constant or regular issue. it's been more of a hassel the last week or so, but i'm convinced tivo will go back to normal (rare outages). my biggest hassel has been in deleting upcoming recordings from my to do list and server dependent content searches. my pandora has still worked, but others are reporting trouble with online apps.
C133 came in CT tonight for about 30 min, just when I was watching Netflix, that error stopped my Netflix, had to go to my smart TV to finish the movie.

Old 12-13-2013, 02:39 PM   #430
Sam Dotson

Does live and recorded TV still work when this error occurs?

Sam
Sam Dotson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2013, 02:44 PM   #431
dianebrat
Uncontrolled Force

Quote:
Yes, as does streaming between 2 units in the same house.
Old 12-13-2013, 04:05 PM   #432
Bierboy
Seasoned gas passer

Quote:
I just purchased a Roamio plus and a Mini, and my install date with FIOS is on the 16th, but after reading all about these new Tivo stability issues, I'm starting to have second thoughts about canceling my Directv. Directv certainly has its own stability issues when there is a storm, but they are pretty rare, and short lived for me. When I read all the posts on this issue, I cant quite tell what works and what doesn't when this issue crops up. Could someone summarize what works and what doesn't when this issue happens, before I overreact and put my new Tivo hardware up for sale.

Sam
Please keep in mind the VAST MAJORITY of TiVo users have few if any problems. It's normal for the "complainers" to be the loudest and post in these fora...

XL4
Bierboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2013, 05:10 PM   #433
Beryl

Quote:
Originally Posted by dianebrat View Post

Local streaming worked between two TiVo units but not between a iOS device and the affected TiVo. The iOS app does not work at all with a device experiencing C133.

I've not seen it happen with my Premiere.
Old 12-13-2013, 05:21 PM   #434
moyekj

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bierboy View Post
Please keep in mind the VAST MAJORITY of TiVo users have few if any problems. It's normal for the "complainers" to be the loudest and post in these fora...
I see these statements all the time, but in reality we have no way of knowing that either. Undoubtedly posts here will skew to those having problems, but we can't make any extrapolations to users at large based on posts or lack of posts here.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
moyekj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2013, 06:19 PM   #435
dianebrat
Uncontrolled Force

Quote:
Local streaming worked between two TiVo units but not between a iOS device and the affected TiVo. The iOS app does not work at all with a device experiencing C133.
Correct, the iOS app will not reliably work when the Tivo service is unreachable, I was referring to watching and recording on the units the poster referred to, they didn't mention the iOS app in their question.
Old 12-13-2013, 06:55 PM   #436
jimmypowder

Quote:
Originally Posted by moyekj View Post
I see these statements all the time, but in reality we have no way of knowing that either. Undoubtedly posts here will skew to those having problems, but we can't make any extrapolations to users at large based on posts or lack of posts here.
Yeah you got that right . No one knows but Tivo the extent if the problems .

Here's guessing they are a lot larger then people think .
jimmypowder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2013, 07:52 PM   #437
pshivers
Retired!

Update from Sunny Southern California... No more C133 errors or errors of any kind on all my TiVo's since I removed the bad moCA adapter from the network yesterday!!
Charter CableCard Firmware Updated to PKEY_1.5.3_F.p.1101 All 6 tuners are now Active and Working!
Tivo Roamio
Tivo Mini (x3)

pshivers is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2013, 02:21 AM   #438
pappasc

Angry

Quote:

Sam
When I get Tivo server down error c133 (which has been a ton in the last two weeks), my minis are pretty much bricked. Sometimes, I can get live tv to stream to them but I have to manually input the channels as the guide won't work. Nothing else will work on the minis. Not even recorded shows.

My Roamio will watch tv and play recorded shows, but nothing else will work- ondemand, Netflix, etc.

I have no idea why they would design the software this way. It seems so extremely basic.
pappasc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2013, 02:45 AM   #439
pappasc

Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by dianebrat View Post
This seems incorrect to me-- at least as it relates to minis. I confirmed with tivo tech support that when c133 appears, minis can't find my Roamio and hence, can't do anything except maybe stream live tv (with frequent drops.)

Again, for the life of me, I can't understand why tivo would design these things this way. Why should the mini in my bedroom require a connection to a tivo cloud server to simply connect to the Roamio in my living room? It's like they've designed this thing with extra ways to fail... And then proceeded to have hours of network downtime on a regular basis.

Had I known this, I would've never purchased. I recently dumped $2000 into a Roamio pro and 5 minis with lifetime service to get rid of comcast boxes. Big mistake. I had various old generation tivos from 99-11 and never had an issue. With the Roamio and minis, it seems I can't even watch tv without a problem. Honestly. I used to be the biggest fan.
Old 12-14-2013, 02:53 AM   #440
morac
Cat God

Quote:
Originally Posted by pappasc View Post
This seems incorrect to me-- at least as it relates to minis. I confirmed with tivo tech support that when c133 appears, minis can't find my Roamio and hence, can't do anything except maybe stream live tv (with frequent drops.)
That doesn't mesh up with what TiVo posted on the Mini FAQ/Troubleshooting page.

It says even if the host and Mini can't connect to the Internet, basic things like the program guide, streaming, etc will still work as long as your local network is still working.

http://support.tivo.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/2474/
morac is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2013, 03:19 AM   #441
pappasc

Quote:
Originally Posted by morac View Post
That doesn't mesh up with what TiVo posted on the Mini FAQ/Troubleshooting page.

It says even if the host and Mini can't connect to the Internet, basic things like the program guide, streaming, etc will still work as long as your local network is still working.

My experience is that with a Roamio, their FAQ is incorrect. I had this issue during the two recent extended tivo outages and both times when I called, their techs told me that this was the issue. I had no access to my shows. Mini says that it can't find the host DVR. Yet, if you watch live tv, it will work (at least for a few minutes) before I get an error message that it "lost connection" again. To quote the support guy:

"During this most recent outage," (which I thought was a telling phrase!!!) "I've at least been able to get some users to access live tv on the minis."
Old 12-14-2013, 03:30 AM   #442
pappasc

Quote:
Originally Posted by morac View Post

This post sums it up... During same timeframe as my last outage:

http://www.tivocommunity.com/tivo-vb...01#post9932901
Old 12-14-2013, 04:04 PM   #443
MHunter1
TiVo Bug Hunter

Crashed after browsing upcoming episodes

On Friday, Dec. 13, around 11pm PT, whenever I browsed to a program's "upcoming episodes" list then selected one of the episode titles, my Premiere Elite crashed and rebooted. It was repeatable several times on different random programs. This morning the problem corrected itself and the UI is stable.

I'm assuming this is related to the DVR relying on TiVo's servers to display episode info and something was wrong with them last night. I am on the priority list for v20.3.8 and was hoping the glitch was caused by TiVo trying to prepare my DVR for the update, but I still have v20.3.7 and no "pending restart" message after several manual connections.

It's very upsetting knowing that something as simple as browsing upcoming episodes can cause the DVR to crash.
MHunter1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2013, 06:07 PM   #444
s10023

c133 back for me. ny area.
s10023 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2013, 09:08 PM   #445
nooneuknow
TiVo User Since 2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by moyekj View Post
+1
nooneuknow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2013, 10:33 PM   #446
skid71

My two minis worked just fine (watched recorded and live TV) on the massive C133 day. I'm on a MoCA network if that makes a difference.
skid71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2013, 06:32 AM   #447
s10023

restart fixed my c133. didnt go away on its own. it seems that if a wireless connection is lost my roamio has difficulty reconnecting to the network without a restart.
s10023 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2013, 06:59 AM   #448
DeltaOne
Mount Airy, MD

Quote:
Originally Posted by skid71 View Post
My two minis worked just fine (watched recorded and live TV) on the massive C133 day. I'm on a MoCA network if that makes a difference.
My two Minis also worked fine during the C133 stuff. Connected via Ethernet.

I wouldn't have known about the C133 stuff if I didn't read new posts here. Our Plus and two Minis were working fine.
DeltaOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2013, 07:08 AM   #449
Andrel

Quote:
Originally Posted by s10023 View Post
restart fixed my c133. didnt go away on its own. it seems that if a wireless connection is lost my roamio has difficulty reconnecting to the network without a restart.
Rarely recover on its own. The Roamio is wired. What I do to restore, i disconnect/reconnect the network cable for a second. It always work to bring it back, unless the tivo service is hard down.

My premiere on the same network, never has this problem.
Andrel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2013, 09:54 AM   #450
Sixto

TC CLUB MEMBER
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeltaOne View Post
My two Minis also worked fine during the C133 stuff. Connected via Ethernet.

I wouldn't have known about the C133 stuff if I didn't read new posts here. Our Plus and two Minis were working fine.
Same here. My wife mentioned the next day that there was some message in the upper left, that was our only issue. Really weird that some people lost everything and others had little to zero effect for the C133.

Sixto is offline   Reply With Quote