TiVo Community
TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Roamio DVRs
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 8 votes, 5.00 average.
Old 12-11-2013, 08:29 PM   #391
pshivers
Retired!

Still down and out in Sunny Southern California, been about a 36 hour C133 error with a very brief up time early this morning... Is there any reason to call TiVo, or would I just be spinning my wheels?
Charter CableCard Firmware Updated to PKEY_1.5.3_F.p.1101 All 6 tuners are now Active and Working!
Tivo Roamio
Tivo Mini (x3)

pshivers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2013, 08:32 PM   #392
marlond

At my house we've seen the C133 error so often we've started calling the big brown exclamation point the 'skidmark'.
Old 12-11-2013, 09:35 PM   #393
nooneuknow
TiVo User Since 2007

I'm still solidly up in Southern Nevada, w/Cox internet...

Maybe I should extend my usual advice about making sure to post the region you are in to also include your internet service provider...

There's no cluster that I've noticed, and if it was affecting everybody, even for a short time, the C133 related threads would be lighting up like Christmas trees with posts. I'm not seeing that, with whatever the deal is.

I suppose it could still be on TiVo's end, since a single server being glitchy, could still cause something like this, while other servers stay solid. But, good luck getting them to admit it.

It took a national outage and over 12 hours before TiVoMargret tweeted they were working on it (an admission of a fault), while the TiVo CSRs were still telling people nothing was wrong on their end, and nearly a day into it they put up a recorded message when you called in. That's just unacceptable.
Old 12-11-2013, 09:46 PM   #394
Beryl

C133 in the Denver area.
Old 12-11-2013, 09:53 PM   #395
TiVoMargret
VP of Design, TiVo

There is a small subset of our customers that experienced a C133 error today. If you are one of them, please connect to the TiVo Service after 8:30pm Pacific, and wait about 5 minutes for everything to resolve.

I am so sorry for the trouble!

--Margret
TiVo Inc. *
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

TiVoMargret is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2013, 10:06 PM   #396
Beryl

C133 error (Problem with service) BIG EXCLAMATION POINT !

Thanks, Margret.
Old 12-11-2013, 11:22 PM   #397
Beryl

Connected successfully at 9:15 PM PST. C133 persists.

Restarted TiVo box. C133 persists.

Debugging on my end is pointless, time-consuming, and frustrating.

I'd be happy if TiVo would just provide availability information on a status page.
Old 12-11-2013, 11:35 PM   #398
jlee3

Connected 3 times still C133 in MD.
jlee3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2013, 11:50 PM   #399
jstevenson

I'm assuming this issue is related to my Mini no longer talking to my Roamio.

That said, my Roamio is showing a connection to the service.

My Mini will not proceed past "one moment" and the blue circle despite reboots.
jstevenson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2013, 12:01 AM   #400
nooneuknow
TiVo User Since 2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by jstevenson View Post
I'm assuming this issue is related to my Mini no longer talking to my Roamio.

That said, my Roamio is showing a connection to the service.

My Mini will not proceed past "one moment" and the blue circle despite reboots.
Yes, your new whole home DVR becomes anything but, if it can't suckle the TiVo service's teat.

This is why I will never buy a Mini, unless TiVo loosens up the "brick mode", it deliberately imposes upon its devices, when anything interrupts the real-time service connection (the root of the C133 error).
Old 12-12-2013, 12:13 AM   #401
jstevenson

Just for some further info, I can reboot my Mini with no Moca/internet connection and it will complete the reboot. Upon then restoring the connection, it never "sees" the Roamio (says it cannot find the DVR), but I can hit Live TV and change channels - so it's obviously semi-talking to the Roamio.

If i attempt a reboot with the internet connection active, it hangs on ONE MOMENT.

Also, I did not suffer C133 errors, though I MAY have been suffering them without my knowledge as I haven't watched TV at home since Sunday. Tonight my TiVo showed my last connection being this morning, and I just forced and had a successful connection before re-testing the mini, which continued to operate as I described above (failing to boot with an active connection, booting successfully with no connection, but upon restoration of connection not finding the Roamio - though being able to use LiveTV / roamio's tuner)
Old 12-12-2013, 12:15 AM   #402
jstevenson

Quote:
Originally Posted by nooneuknow View Post
Yes, your new whole home DVR becomes anything but, if it can't suckle the TiVo service's teat.

This is why I will never buy a Mini, unless TiVo loosens up the "brick mode", it deliberately imposes upon its devices, when anything interrupts the real-time service connection (the root of the C133 error).
*shrug* - it's honestly not the end of the world to go to the room to watch TV. Irritating, and TiVo needs to fix it and ensure stable service and Whole Home working even if the service is down temporarily, but a hiccup at this point. As long as the recordings happen, not a gigantic issue to move rooms.

I understand in other households this could be a bigger problem, but we gots plenty of ways to entertain ourselves for an evening as long as the outage doesn't last more than a night!
Old 12-12-2013, 12:23 AM   #403
Beryl

Today C133 is only happening with my Roamio Plus -- not my Premiere.

I'm done doing anything except complaining on my end. I replaced my perfectly good "green switch" to fix a previous TiVo problem. I don't want to turn around 3 times, touch my nose, and stand on one foot to fix anymore TiVo problems.

This C133 problem needs to be fixed by TiVo.
Old 12-12-2013, 12:23 AM   #404
nooneuknow
TiVo User Since 2007

Quote:
*shrug* - it's honestly not the end of the world to go to the room to watch TV. Irritating, and TiVo needs to fix it and ensure stable service and Whole Home working even if the service is down temporarily, but a hiccup at this point. As long as the recordings happen, not a gigantic issue to move rooms.

I understand in other households this could be a bigger problem, but we gots plenty of ways to entertain ourselves for an evening as long as the outage doesn't last more than a night!
It's the bigger picture that I looked at when I made the decision that a Mini was not for me.

Think about how many different things could interrupt the real-time connection. The internet is not immune to having problems, and neither is your home network. There have been plenty of times that I had to reboot my cable modem, or get Cox to fix an issue with their internet service. Any one part has a problem, and all the Minis go down.
Old 12-12-2013, 12:24 AM   #405
nooneuknow
TiVo User Since 2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beryl View Post

I'm done doing anything except complaining on my end. I replaced my perfectly good "green switch" to fix a previous TiVo problem. I don't want to turn around 3 times, touch my nose, and stand on one foot to fix anymore TiVo problems.

+1
Old 12-12-2013, 12:31 AM   #406
jstevenson

Quote:
Originally Posted by nooneuknow View Post
It's the bigger picture that I looked at when I made the decision that a Mini was not for me.

Think about how many different things could interrupt the real-time connection. The internet is not immune to having problems, and neither is your home network. There have been plenty of times that I had to reboot my cable modem, or get Cox to fix an issue with their internet service. Any one part has a problem, and all the Minis go down.
sure but I mean, any sort of internet service shouldn't create an issue unless you have a long term outage.

That then leaves local network issues. I'll agree with you there in some fashion, as in my experience the only way to create a stable enough environment for the Mini was a Moca connection.

That said, once on Moca, except for a few random drops (which were instantly corrected and playback resumed where i left off --- and I actually think is a software bug relating to watching an inprogress recording and getting near the end of it, rather than a network issue), this has been the first major issue I've had with the mini since the Roamio came out
Old 12-12-2013, 12:46 AM   #407
usofa

Here in Central Texas i have had the C133 for the last few hours. All was well but then streaming would not work. Tried to reboot and got the C133 error.

I can connect to the Tivo Service, but no special functions work. Tivo Premieres are still working fine except can not stream from Roamio.

Other oddity is when browsing from Premiere to Roamio the menu switches to low definition for the Roamio now playing list. Then gives error message that their is a network error
Scott
usofa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2013, 01:02 AM   #408
Philmatic

C133 here, Cox in Santa Barbara. Been down for about six hours.
Philmatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2013, 01:50 AM   #409
HarperVision

Quote:

Amongst other things........... http://www.tivocommunity.com/tivo-vb...54#post9929754
HarperVision is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2013, 07:09 AM   #410
jlee3

Working ok after connecting to tivo in MD.
jlee3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2013, 07:40 AM   #411
Irishb

Working again in Atlanta, GA

The C133 error was remedied this A.M. after reboot and phone home to TIVO mothership.
Irishb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2013, 08:00 AM   #412
mike-d

Quote:
Just for some further info, I can reboot my Mini with no Moca/internet connection and it will complete the reboot. Upon then restoring the connection, it never "sees" the Roamio (says it cannot find the DVR), but I can hit Live TV and change channels - so it's obviously semi-talking to the Roamio.

If i attempt a reboot with the internet connection active, it hangs on ONE MOMENT.

Also, I did not suffer C133 errors, though I MAY have been suffering them without my knowledge as I haven't watched TV at home since Sunday. Tonight my TiVo showed my last connection being this morning, and I just forced and had a successful connection before re-testing the mini, which continued to operate as I described above (failing to boot with an active connection, booting successfully with no connection, but upon restoration of connection not finding the Roamio - though being able to use LiveTV / roamio's tuner)
Exactly my situation here in MD. When will this be fixed?
mike-d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2013, 08:54 AM   #413
pshivers
Retired!

I started receiving C130 (No network connection) errors in addition to the C133 errors yesterday afternoon on my Roamio Pro.

I checked the Roamio in one of the bedrooms with the Actiontec MoCA Adapter and found it had no internet access at all (all Actiontec lights were on and green). I removed the power from Actiontec MoCA adapter and changed the settings on the Roamio to wireless, it connected immediately to the Internet, all error messages went away and began to function normally again.

I immediately checked my Roamio Pro in the Family room and the three Tivo Minis and all were also functioning normally again! All error messages were gone!

I'm not sure if the Actiomtec MoCA adapter went bad or if I somehow have it hooked up wrong. The Roamio did function properly for a couple of hours when I first installed it the day before with the Actiontec MoCA adapter connected, so I will need to do some troubleshooting in that area. It seems the Actiontec device was somehow severely impacting my MoCA network!

All is well once again here in Sunny Southern California, just need to find the box for the Actiontec MoCA adapter so I can return it....
Charter CableCard Firmware Updated to PKEY_1.5.3_F.p.1101 All 6 tuners are now Active and Working!
Tivo Roamio
Tivo Mini (x3)

pshivers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2013, 09:34 AM   #414
Bierboy
Seasoned gas passer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irishb View Post
The C133 error was remedied this A.M. after reboot and phone home to TIVO mothership.
I received an update night, then re-booted....and then I HAD the C133 error when, before the update I did NOT...

Have 20.3.8 now...but this is a Premiere. And the C133 problem persists this morning...ugh

XL4

Last edited by Bierboy : 12-12-2013 at 09:51 AM.
Bierboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2013, 09:39 AM   #415
s10023

i dont have a moca adapter; my roamio is hooked up using wireless connection to router. i too got the "no internet connection found" yesterday after the c133 went away. rebooted the roamio and it started working.

Last edited by s10023 : 12-12-2013 at 10:08 AM.
s10023 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2013, 10:55 AM   #416
Beryl

No C133 this AM and I see that it connected at 6:22 am PST. The iOS TiVo app works again also.

I'm satisfied with my resolution to stop doing troubleshooting on my end since these C133 errors are NOT end-user problems.

If Margret is listening, users should not be instructed to take action to resolve TiVo problems except to report the problem. If resolution requires a forced TiVo connection, TiVo should push out that connection.

A TiVo system status page should include a problem reporting link. TiVo should connect the status page with user accounts so TiVo will have details (e.g. time of error, service numbers, email addresses) to facilitate resolution and a way to communicate to affected users. When TiVo suspects the problem is resolved, TiVo should then communicate to the end user so they can either confirm or provide more information.

This is the kind of thing Apple, Comcast and many utility companies do so they don't have to broadcast outages to unaffected customers. It is also the kind of system my former employer, IBM, set up for its customers.
Old 12-12-2013, 12:08 PM   #417
NorthAlabama
tabasco rules

my neighbor's and my c133 errors on premier have diminished, and still no update to 20.3.8 (i'm on the list). i won't force connections if there's no issue:

"if it ain't broke, fix it 'till it is"

The truth will set you free. But not until it is finished with you. - David Foster Wallace
NorthAlabama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2013, 12:10 PM   #418
rainwater

Quote:
If Margret is listening, users should not be instructed to take action to resolve TiVo problems except to report the problem. If resolution requires a forced TiVo connection, TiVo should push out that connection.
The connection attempt happens automatically. If TiVo tells you to force a connection, they are only doing so to speed up the process. The fact that you have a C133 error means there is no active connection to TiVo servers. So for them to force a connection from their side would be technically impossible.
rainwater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2013, 12:11 PM   #419
jntc

Smile

Quote:

I'm satisfied with my resolution to stop doing troubleshooting on my end since these C133 errors are NOT end-user problems.

If Margret is listening, users should not be instructed to take action to resolve TiVo problems except to report the problem. ... ...

A TiVo system status page should include a problem reporting link. TiVo should connect the status page with user accounts so TiVo will have details (e.g. time of error, service numbers, email addresses) to facilitate resolution and a way to communicate to affected users. When TiVo suspects the problem is resolved, TiVo should then communicate to the end user so they can either confirm or provide more information.

THIS
jntc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2013, 01:21 PM   #420
nooneuknow
TiVo User Since 2007

Quote:
No C133 this AM and I see that it connected at 6:22 am PST. The iOS TiVo app works again also.

This is the kind of thing Apple, Comcast and many utility companies do so they don't have to broadcast outages to unaffected customers. It is also the kind of system my former employer, IBM, set up for its customers.
+1