TiVo Community
TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Roamio DVRs
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 5 votes, 5.00 average.
Old 12-10-2013, 06:33 PM   #361
rcedwards

Service back for now....
rcedwards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2013, 06:41 PM   #362
hybucket

133 back tonight in Boston. Neighbor NOT getting it. Does connect and download service, but no Netflux etc and the error msg on Tivio central.
hybucket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2013, 06:42 PM   #363
KevinG

C133 is S. Jersey now.
KevinG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2013, 06:42 PM   #364
morac
Cat God

It's working for me again.
morac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2013, 06:42 PM   #365
jimmypowder

C133 message back up again.
jimmypowder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2013, 06:42 PM   #366
crxssi
Veteran TiVo User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan203 View Post
I wonder if this is an east coast only problem?
I am east coast/mid atlantic. No error. But I only just now checked for today. Perhaps it was there and now went away.
Old 12-10-2013, 06:44 PM   #367
morac
Cat God

Margret tweeted (to me) that the issue has been resolved.
morac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2013, 06:48 PM   #368
El Maestro

Back up near Syracuse; error is gone for now.
El Maestro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2013, 06:53 PM   #369
hybucket

Quote:
Originally Posted by morac View Post
Margret tweeted (to me) that the issue has been resolved.
Margaret is wrong. For me anyway.
Customer service calls backed up 15 minutes with 133 complaints, CSR tells me. Says should be fixed within the hour. Yup.

Last edited by hybucket : 12-10-2013 at 06:55 PM. Reason: Update
Old 12-10-2013, 07:03 PM   #370
Beryl

Happened in the Denver area also but it is working now.
Old 12-10-2013, 07:04 PM   #371
El Maestro

Service is back up but I am getting 501 errors when trying to populate the Movies part of the "What to Watch Now" menu.
El Maestro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2013, 07:15 PM   #372
comedian999

Same here - service is back, but C501s about every third thing I do in browsing for programs...

...which is not something I need to do tonight. But after buying a Roamio Pro with lifetime service, installing it and seeing service problems twice, all in 8 days, it's like poking a sore tooth.
comedian999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2013, 07:17 PM   #373
nooneuknow
TiVo User Since 2007

Does seem to be back up.

Southern NV

But, as I said, I'd wait awhile before trying to activate new TiVos or making any changes that could disable your TiVo for primetime, should this be faltering before something bigger, yet to happen, like last time.

Good luck.
Old 12-10-2013, 07:25 PM   #374
wco81

Quote:
Originally Posted by BriHiFi View Post
Oh boy, here we go again. Out in Miami, Florida as well. I called customer service and they said that they were seeing at high amount of calls with the C133 message. This is been such a big problem over the past two months and I figure I give them a call. Hopefully the squeaky wheel gets the oil. Maybe if the reps spend most of their time with customers trying to resolve this problem they might eventually get it fixed.
Well it costs them money to take calls.

So eventually they raise the price of the subscription.
wco81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2013, 07:32 PM   #375
hybucket

Back here but will stick to the basics til sure it's stable.
Old 12-10-2013, 10:55 PM   #376
pshivers
Retired!

C133 off and on all day long here in Alhambra, CA (Los Angeles)....
Charter CableCard Firmware Updated to PKEY_1.5.3_F.p.1101 All 6 tuners are now Active and Working!
Tivo Roamio
Tivo Mini (x3)

pshivers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2013, 11:16 PM   #377
nooneuknow
TiVo User Since 2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by pshivers View Post
C133 off and on all day long here in Alhambra, CA (Los Angeles)....
It's been a bit unstable here in southern NV, too.

It's mostly brief and spontaneous C133s, but after the last incident, I want to see 24 hours without any interruptions before I go changing anything like setting up new TiVos, taking out old ones out, changing any configuration settings (like the channel lineup), and/or anything else that might get stuck if the service is interrupted.

A half-dozen new threads were started today on individual things that got stuck, didn't complete, or wouldn't work, with no mention of the C133. But it's the obvious culprit, and they were all posted in Roamio areas, which still seems to support the Roamio being more dysfunctional when these things happen. I hope TiVo finds a way to, at minimum, make it so the Roamio loses no more function than a Premiere would, when there is TiVo service issues.

We shouldn't have to unplug a Roamio from the network, just to have it be useable, at the level a Premiere can be without unplugging it from the network, IMNSHO.
Old 12-10-2013, 11:34 PM   #378
NorthAlabama
tabasco rules

yeah, it was bad for an hour or more this afternoon in al, not to mention all the short and random outages for the past week or so. strange, it hasn't affected pandora, though.

The truth will set you free. But not until it is finished with you. - David Foster Wallace
NorthAlabama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2013, 06:08 AM   #379
mburnno

Does anybody really know why Tivo is getting these C133 error messages? Really Tivo, what the heck are you doing? Is Tivo upgrading something on their servers or applying a patch to their services that is causing these problem. Come on Tivo use your big kid words and communicate to your customers.
mburnno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2013, 06:18 AM   #380
s10023

C133 back up for me this morning. NY area
s10023 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2013, 07:11 AM   #381
cherry ghost

Quote:
Originally Posted by nooneuknow View Post

A half-dozen new threads were started today on individual things that got stuck, didn't complete, or wouldn't work, with no mention of the C133. But it's the obvious culprit, and they were all posted in Roamio areas, which still seems to support the Roamio being more dysfunctional when these things happen. I hope TiVo finds a way to, at minimum, make it so the Roamio loses no more function than a Premiere would, when there is TiVo service issues.

We shouldn't have to unplug a Roamio from the network, just to have it be useable, at the level a Premiere can be without unplugging it from the network, IMNSHO.

What are the functions Roamios lose that Premieres don't? I see no difference, but haven't been comparing much.
cherry ghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2013, 07:50 AM   #382
mrfantasy

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherry ghost View Post
What are the functions Roamios lose that Premieres don't? I see no difference, but haven't been comparing much.
Well, if my experience is any indicator, I have no access to streaming services, and my TiVo Minis are unable to connect to my Roamio Plus.

I'm about ready to demand a refund. Between these issues and the still daily reboots with 16dB of attenuation on my incoming cable line, I'm amazed that TiVo could release a box that's so fundamentally unstable, and only offer voodoo when I ask to fix it (cable line attenuation and "plugging directly into my router" are not real solutions to real problems in my opinion.) The fact that their service is now failing and causes the boxes to be mostly non-functional (okay, it's still recording shows from cable and I can still watch them on the Plus itself, so it's not completely broken, but nothing else beyond that is working, and I certainly didn't buy it just for that) is thoroughly unacceptable from a "real" company.
mrfantasy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2013, 07:57 AM   #383
cherry ghost

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrfantasy View Post
Well, if my experience is any indicator, I have no access to streaming services, and my TiVo Minis are unable to connect to my Roamio Plus.
You can use streaming services on your Premiere and your Minis connect to your Premiere during a C133?
cherry ghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2013, 10:17 AM   #384
pshivers
Retired!

Everything is back up and talking to each other this morning, C133 errors have stopped for now.

I have two Roamio's and 3 Mini's that I have installed over the past two months that replaced 4 Charter Cisco DVR's. I love the functionality of my new networked system when it works, but the C133 errors make the Mini's completely useless and communications between the two Roamios is also interrupted.

It is becoming difficult to explain to the Wife why I spent all this money on a new Tivo system when we can't watch our Bedroom TV during these rather frequent outages!

Come on Tivo, get your $#!+ together!!!

Update:

Spoke too soon! C133 came back as I was writing the post above, problem has continued all morning long here in Sunny Southern California! Argh!

Charter CableCard Firmware Updated to PKEY_1.5.3_F.p.1101 All 6 tuners are now Active and Working!
Tivo Roamio
Tivo Mini (x3)

Last edited by pshivers : 12-11-2013 at 01:25 PM.
pshivers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2013, 05:50 PM   #385
Irishb

The C133 error resurfaced in Atlanta,Ga today @ Noon. I am still receiving the error going on 6 hours. This is getting to be all too common and it is frustrating. Tivo support denies any service outage. Tivo needs to get their act together.
I am very close to returning my Roamio and Mini to Amazon for a refund.
Irishb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2013, 06:16 PM   #386
jimmypowder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irishb View Post
The C133 error resurfaced in Atlanta,Ga today @ Noon. I am still receiving the error going on 6 hours. This is getting to be all too common and it is frustrating. Tivo support denies any service outage. Tivo needs to get their act together.
I am very close to returning my Roamio and Mini to Amazon for a refund.

Don't blame you. I have never seen so many problems with the Tivo .

More problems in the last 2-3 months then in the last decade .No exaggeration.I bought one of the first boxes they ever made
so I'm guessing 10 years?
jimmypowder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2013, 06:19 PM   #387
mrfantasy

Mine has been showing a C133 for most of 24 hours at this point. I've just finished a chat session where they told me to check my router ports and reboot the device a few times. Of course it's not helping.

Is there a magical incantation I can say to make them realize the problem isn't on my end?
mrfantasy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2013, 06:32 PM   #388
Irishb

My Roamio and Mini have worked fine since the December 3rd Tivo system crash was resolved.
I have exchanged emails with Tivo Margaret and she claims that everything was fine on the Tivo end...
I guess i will shut down the Tivo for the night and watch something on the AppleTv. At least the Apple Tv works and does not cost me a monthly fee.
Irishb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2013, 07:13 PM   #389
nooneuknow
TiVo User Since 2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrfantasy View Post
Mine has been showing a C133 for most of 24 hours at this point. I've just finished a chat session where they told me to check my router ports and reboot the device a few times. Of course it's not helping.

Is there a magical incantation I can say to make them realize the problem isn't on my end?
It seems to be a regional issue this time. I've been up solid, since my last post on the subject.

The magical incantation (if applicable) is "I'd like to use the 30-day money back guarantee".

But, that just gets your money back. Since there's only regional issues, it could be something that is beyond TiVo's control. That being said, I feel they need to update the software to handle any sort of disruption more gracefully.

If they don't, by the end of my 30-day decision window, I may just take my own advice.
Old 12-11-2013, 08:17 PM   #390
edpete97

Just bought my first Roamio and Mini yesterday. Took all afternoon to finally get it to 'work'. Then all of today I have C133 in the DC area. Weird that my mini sees the TV tuners of my Roamio but says it can't find a DVR on the network. It amazes me that I can change channels, but no guide, on my mini even though it says there is no DVR on the network. Not a good first impression. Day 2 of 30 day money back and I haven't even had good service for 24 hours yet. I bought lifetime memberships for both.
edpete97 is offline   Reply With Quote