TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Roamio DVRs
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 10-30-2013, 04:42 AM   #1
jpete

TIVO IOS App Looses Connection

I've just upgraded to a Roamio Pro (6 tuners). The main reason I purchased the box was to simplify my setup. Old setup was a TIVO XL (2 tuners), TIVO Premier XL (4 tunes) and a TIVO stream. Now I'm down to one device instead of 3. Been trying to use you IOS Tivo App version 3.2. The problem I'm having is that once connected and I exit the app, it request the Media Access Key (MAK) when I restart the app. The problem is complicated when after entering the correct MAK, I get an invalid MAK error. The only fix, is to delete the app and reinstall the app. Anyone else experiencing this? Also, I was able to copy a 1 hour show to my iPad. The old setup took approximately 18-20 minutes. This new setup took almost 45 minutes. The Tivo is connected to my network via ethernet cable. I have Comcast internet and TV service.
jpete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2013, 04:26 PM   #2
tivosupport_jaron

I am not sure what is going to with the MAK error you are getting and why deleting the app and reinstalling it is the fix. Have you called our Tech support? When you were downloading that 1 hour show was there anything else connected to your network? Have you tried to reboot your network and try another transfer?
-Jaron
tivosupport_jaron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2013, 03:35 AM   #3
jpete

Thanks for your response. The problem as it turns out was user error. Not sure how it worked at all. One of my ethernet cable was unplugged. After cable was plugged in, the app worked as advertised. Thanks again.
jpete is offline   Reply With Quote