TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Help Center
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 10-29-2013, 10:35 AM   #1
lukewind

Help with transfer of shows

Tomorrow I will be getting a replacement Tivo Roamio becasue my original box can't hold a wifi connection for longer then 1 minute it seemed.

Anyways since I have had the Roamio it has a ton of shows recorded on it already I don't have the time to watch all those shows before the new one gets here and I have to send the broken one back.

My question is what is the best way to transfer my shows from one Roamio to another? Only one will be activated so I don't know if I can transfer like that. Any suggestion on how to do this guys?
Old 10-29-2013, 11:38 AM   #2
WhiskeyTango

You can't transfer from one Tivo to another unless both boxes are activated.
Old 10-29-2013, 02:30 PM   #3
caddyroger

You can use Kmttg to down load non copy protected programs to your computer and pytivo to upload them back to the tivo.
Old 10-29-2013, 08:59 PM   #4
unitron

Quote:
Originally Posted by lukewind View Post
Tomorrow I will be getting a replacement Tivo Roamio becasue my original box can't hold a wifi connection for longer then 1 minute it seemed.

Anyways since I have had the Roamio it has a ton of shows recorded on it already I don't have the time to watch all those shows before the new one gets here and I have to send the broken one back.

My question is what is the best way to transfer my shows from one Roamio to another? Only one will be activated so I don't know if I can transfer like that. Any suggestion on how to do this guys?
If it can't do WiFi, what about a wired Ethernet connection?

You could put it near the router and hook them together with some CAT5 or 6, and download non-copy protected shows to a PC via TiVo Desktop or the other stuff recommended here without having to have that TiVo connected to a TV.

"I am altering the deal. Pray I don't alter it any further."

Darth TiVo, 14 February, 2011
unitron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2013, 12:36 AM   #5
cosmicvoid
Tivo noob

Quote:
Originally Posted by caddyroger View Post
You can use Kmttg to down load non copy protected programs to your computer and pytivo to upload them back to the tivo.
If you try to go this route, let me know how it works for you.

I have been attempting this very procedure, and I find the transfer speed from PC to the Roamio is very slow, but it seems to work. You can look at my thread:
http://www.tivocommunity.com/tivo-vb...34#post9869734
cosmicvoid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2013, 01:05 AM   #6
wmcbrine
Resistance Useless

Quote:
Originally Posted by cosmicvoid View Post
I have been attempting this very procedure, and I find the transfer speed from PC to the Roamio is very slow
I assure you, your experience is in no way typical.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
wmcbrine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2013, 12:21 PM   #7
lukewind

thanks for the suggestions, I think I will call Tivo up and see if I can activate the new one just for a few days so I can transfer all my stuff over.
Old 10-30-2013, 12:22 PM   #8
lukewind

Quote:
Originally Posted by unitron View Post
If it can't do WiFi, what about a wired Ethernet connection?

You could put it near the router and hook them together with some CAT5 or 6, and download non-copy protected shows to a PC via TiVo Desktop or the other stuff recommended here without having to have that TiVo connected to a TV.
The ethernet did not work either, the whole network part of the hardware is just screwed.