TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Premiere DVRs
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 10-31-2013, 12:20 PM   #241
mae

No update yet

I'm in the on the list, but no update club. Forced a few connections since Margaret's post, but no joy.
mae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2013, 12:27 PM   #242
UCLABB

Finally got the update last night.

Question regarding Dynamic Tuner. Do I have to do anything? Looked around on settings and can't find the menu where I set aside a tuner for my mini. Is it just automatic now?
UCLABB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2013, 12:32 PM   #243
lgnad
Pantless Mofo

Yes, Its just automatic now.
-Stream (Gotta go unplug the sucker one of these days!)
lgnad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2013, 12:35 PM   #244
dave13077

Quote:
Originally Posted by lgnad View Post
Yes, Its just automatic now.
Is there still a way to lock one tuner to the Mini? With DTA if suggestions are recording and all tuners are tied up you can't use the Mini unless you go to the XL4 and cancel a suggestion from recording. A big PITA if the XL4 is across the house and you have to go back and forth to use the Mini.
dave13077 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2013, 01:38 PM   #245
jeff92k7

I am NOT happy about the addition of even more ads. This is getting ridiculous. The new stars in the my shows menus are very annoying and are pissing me off. It would be one thing if the TiVo service was free and paid for by advertising, but it's NOT! I pay for the service and I DO NOT want to see more ads in the menus.

TiVo needs to get rid of all these forced ads or they're going to lose me as a customer.
jeff92k7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2013, 01:46 PM   #246
az1097

What's the link for requesting this update? Thank you.
az1097 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2013, 02:03 PM   #247
BlackBetty
I <3 TiVo!

Quote:
Originally Posted by az1097 View Post
What's the link for requesting this update? Thank you.
http://www.tivo.com/priority
BlackBetty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2013, 02:15 PM   #248
Cheezmo

Quote:
Originally Posted by dave13077 View Post
Is there still a way to lock one tuner to the Mini? With DTA if suggestions are recording and all tuners are tied up you can't use the Mini unless you go to the XL4 and cancel a suggestion from recording. A big PITA if the XL4 is across the house and you have to go back and forth to use the Mini.
Is that really how it works? That is horrible. It should work the same was as if you were at the XL4 and changed channels, a suggestion should stop recording and give you the tuner automatically. Is the only option to not have to run upstairs all the time to disable suggestions? Yuck.
Old 10-31-2013, 02:20 PM   #249
TiVoJimmy

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjrustia View Post
So far I've tried kickstart 51 Software Upgrade, 52 Emergency Software Reinstall, 56 Software Install, and 54 Hard Drive Test S.M.A.R.T. tests, all to no avail. Any other suggestions?
Are you using the TiVo slide remote with the Bluetooth dongle? Every so often my Premiere on boot up would get stuck at the "Starting Up" screen. It was always caused by the Bluetooth dongle. I would unplug it, power cycle the TiVo and would start working again. Then plug the dongle back in.
TiVoJimmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2013, 02:23 PM   #250
Dan203
Super Moderator

Quote:
You should be able to cancel the suggestion from the Mini itself. No need to walk to the actual TiVo.
Dan203 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2013, 02:30 PM   #251
UCLABB

Quote:
I am pretty sure that you can cancel a recording from the mini. I KNOW you can cancel a future recording, but I don't have anything recording right now to test whether you can stop recording. Now, it may be different for suggestions. I haven't been getting suggestions for so long I can't remember if they show up at the top of the My Shows screen so that they can be stopped. They may be going into the Suggestions folder down at the bottom, but would still be accessible.
Old 10-31-2013, 02:34 PM   #252
dave13077

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan203 View Post
You should be able to cancel the suggestion from the Mini itself. No need to walk to the actual TiVo.
Thanks, should have thought of that myself. Still a bit clunky. An extra step that shouldn't be necessary.
dave13077 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2013, 03:22 PM   #253
beejay

Quote:
Originally Posted by TiVoMargret View Post
We did find 1000 priority sign-ups that got lost in a bit of black hole. (Sorry!) I've been told that the next time those boxes make a connection to the TiVo Service they will download the update.

--Margret
Connected at 3:17PM EDT today and did not receive the update.

Double-checked my signup:

Quote:
The box you entered is already on the priority list to receive the update.
I believe I signed up with 24 hours of the announcement of the priority list.
S2DT - 186 hours

"For some people, even 10 TiVo DVRs is not overkill."
TiVoOpsMgr
Director, Svc. Ops

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
beejay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2013, 03:34 PM   #254
bigDvette

this is a bit crazy. Why are so many of that signed up early not getting the updates? I have 2 boxes on the list and neither have received the update. My 2 tivo mini's have been updated. How do we "figure this out". I mean how hard can it be really.
bigDvette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2013, 03:56 PM   #255
hfcsyrup

Yes, no update here still, box listed as prioritized. tired of forcing update requests, will just wait it out. Elite/Premiere4 with Mini's on their account owners should have priority priority. Prob related to priority signup page being messed up and when it finally came back up it wasn't really functioning properly.
I can't get my unaffordable Obamacare or my Fall update. fml /s
hfcsyrup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2013, 04:07 PM   #256
MeInDallas

Quote:
Originally Posted by hfcsyrup View Post
I can't get my unaffordable Obamacare or my Fall update. fml /s

Nothing yet here either, there has to be a problem still. I hope someone is trying to figure it out.
MeInDallas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2013, 04:13 PM   #257
Dan203
Super Moderator

They need a tech surge.
Old 10-31-2013, 04:23 PM   #258
moyekj

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrtroo View Post
- Updated WishList screens in HD >> Any new functionality? Or is this more a HD version of the previous pages?...
That's actually a downgrade in functionality (and my hot button issue for the recent updates, though 20.3.7 at least fixed 1 of the issues present in 20.3.6).
See: HDUI Wishlist screens issues

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

moyekj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2013, 04:33 PM   #259
MeInDallas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan203 View Post
They need a tech surge.
Yes and call in their "A Team"
Old 10-31-2013, 05:10 PM   #260
defond

Still no update...
Old 10-31-2013, 06:14 PM   #261
rbiro

I got my update during the day yesterday so when I got home I checked my Network Status and saw the Restart Pending message.

Being impatient, I wanted to soft reboot my Tivo PremierXL immediately, but from the HD Gui I could only find Standby. If I flip back to the SD UI, I know exactly where to find the restart TiVo (with 3 thumbs down confirmation).

In the end I pulled the plug on my TiVo and naturally after several minutes of rebooting, I got the Blue Screen of External Drive Death. So I pulled the plugs on both, started the external drive and then the TiVo and hoped and prayed that they will come up paired - which they did.

Can you restart the TiVo from within HD UI? And if so, where is it?
rbiro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2013, 06:20 PM   #262
UCLABB

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbiro View Post
I got my update during the day yesterday so when I got home I checked my Network Status and saw the Restart Pending message.

Being impatient, I wanted to soft reboot my Tivo PremierXL immediately, but from the HD Gui I could only find Standby. If I flip back to the SD UI, I know exactly where to find the restart TiVo (with 3 thumbs down confirmation).

In the end I pulled the plug on my TiVo and naturally after several minutes of rebooting, I got the Blue Screen of External Drive Death. So I pulled the plugs on both, started the external drive and then the TiVo and hoped and prayed that they will come up paired - which they did.

Restart in in the help menu.
Old 10-31-2013, 06:24 PM   #263
Dan203
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbiro View Post

Help->Reset->Reboot

Not sure why they moved it. I didn't know where it was for the longest time either, until someone here pointed it out to me.
Old 10-31-2013, 06:53 PM   #264
MeInDallas

I hope they get this fixed so we can get it before the end of tomorrow. I doubt it would be sent out over the weekend.
Old 10-31-2013, 07:21 PM   #265
rjrustia

Quote:
Originally Posted by TiVoJimmy View Post

Are you using the TiVo slide remote with the Bluetooth dongle? Every so often my Premiere on boot up would get stuck at the "Starting Up" screen. It was always caused by the Bluetooth dongle. I would unplug it, power cycle the TiVo and would start working again. Then plug the dongle back in.
Yes, but I've unplugged it. TiVo support says "the update is locked on my machine, and they can remotely unlock it in 24-48 hours". I can't see how that can happen since it keeps rebooting before it gets up all the way.
rjrustia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2013, 09:32 PM   #266
TerpBE
Go Terps!

Bug?

I just got the update. The HD wishlist screen is nice because it shows much more of the title before cutting off, and gives you a short description without having to select each entry.

BUT...I think I found a bug. I don't see any way to set a wishlist to "HD only" unless you have it set to auto-record a wishlist.

Previously, "HD" was a top-level category when selecting a category (e.g., HD: Movies: Drama). But now, there's no longer "HD" in the category listings.

As far as I can tell, the only way to set a HD requirement is by turning "Auto Record" on. If you do, there's a "Get only in HD" flag you can set. If you set the flag to "YES", the wishlist will only show/record HD versions of the shows. BUT, if you then set auto-record to "NO", it does the complete opposite of what it should - it includes only the shows that AREN'T in HD.

Wishlists that were created in the previous version of the software seem to still work correctly, but there doesn't seem to be a way to create a new "HD only" wishlist without setting it to auto record.

One use-case scenario would be to try to answer: "What upcoming sports are in HD (without auto recording them)?" I'm pretty sure a bug makes it impossible to answer that with the current software. It wasn't previously.
TerpBE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2013, 11:54 PM   #267
JAaronT

Showed up for me today. DIAL seems present but doesn't work (i.e. my Premiere shows up in my iPhone Netflix app but it just causes the Netflix app to load on the Tivo without loading the show I wanted).
JAaronT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2013, 12:00 AM   #268
MeInDallas

Just got it here. That was the fastest update I've ever had on a Tivo. When I hit the restart it installed in 14 minutes.
Old 11-01-2013, 12:40 AM   #269
calitivo

Received the update on a stock XL4 and within 30 minutes of seeing the message my screen went black. Figured the cable went out. Came back hours later and still the same. Tried to watch a pre-recorded show from yesterday and it showed as all black as well. Tried my bedroom Tivo (S3) and that was working. Unplugged XL4 and everything is working fine now. It recorded some but not all of my shows. Weird.
calitivo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2013, 12:55 AM   #270
mrsean

Still nothing for me and I signed up the moment Margaret first mentioned the priority page was available for this update.

Retired: DirecTiVo, Series 2 DT, TiVo HD, Premiere, Premiere 4, TiVo Stream
mrsean is offline   Reply With Quote