TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Premiere DVRs
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 10-31-2013, 12:01 AM   #211
UCLABB

Quote:
Originally Posted by TiVoMargret View Post
We did find 1000 priority sign-ups that got lost in a bit of black hole. (Sorry!) I've been told that the next time those boxes make a connection to the TiVo Service they will download the update.

--Margret
Thanks, figured there was some kind of problem. I'll look forward to seeing the update in the morning.
UCLABB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2013, 12:39 AM   #212
jhjones75

I guess I am just hosed. Neither of mine got the update.
jhjones75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2013, 12:51 AM   #213
Dan203
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjrustia View Post
Well, I finally got the update, now I stuck in reboot hell. Preparing update, reboot. Installing update, reboot. SD Almost there.. Reboot, Almost there, reboot. Over and over again. Tried unplugging TiVo and same thing. Anyone have any ideas???

Tried unplugging the Tuning Adapter same thing. Of course Customer Support is closed for the evening.
Try a kickstart...

http://www.weaknees.com/tivo-kickstart-codes.php
Dan203 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2013, 05:02 AM   #214
rjrustia

So far I've tried kickstart 51 Software Upgrade, 52 Emergency Software Reinstall, 56 Software Install, and 54 Hard Drive Test S.M.A.R.T. tests, all to no avail. Any other suggestions?
rjrustia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2013, 06:51 AM   #215
jcole66

Quote:
We did find 1000 priority sign-ups that got lost in a bit of black hole. (Sorry!) I've been told that the next time those boxes make a connection to the TiVo Service they will download the update.

--Margret
Just tried my 2 Premieres and still no update love for me! Initially I wasn't able to get my TSN's put in the Tivo.com/priority site when it first opened but the site said I was successful a couple of days later after the site issues were fixed.
jcole66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2013, 07:04 AM   #216
shamilian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjrustia View Post
So far I've tried kickstart 51 Software Upgrade, 52 Emergency Software Reinstall, 56 Software Install, and 54 Hard Drive Test S.M.A.R.T. tests, all to no avail. Any other suggestions?
support usually tells you to unplug everything, usb, ethernet, remove cable card.... then try to boot.

if everything fails you can copy an image from a working system (using a PC) or go over to the tivo upgrade forum for help.
shamilian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2013, 07:09 AM   #217
Bierboy
Seasoned gas passer

Well, I'm a happy camper. My HDUI seems much snappier with the update. Previously when I'd access my deleted shows folder, it would take 5-10 seconds to come up; now it comes up instantly.The update also dropped three "TiVo Premiere Tour" videos on my NPL (My Shows) list. WL in HD is nice, also....

Last edited by Bierboy : 10-31-2013 at 07:21 AM.
Bierboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2013, 07:30 AM   #218
Rob Helmerichs
I am Groot!

Still nothing here, yet...
Old 10-31-2013, 07:35 AM   #219
NotNowChief
Addicted to TiVo

Last night, I used my TiVo Mini for Live TV. WITHOUT having to lock out a tuner on my P4XL.

Whoa.

It was amazing.

It was glorious.

I was so happy that my $250.00 that I spent in March was FINALLY put to use to its full potential.

7 months after releasing a new product for sale was its' promised functionality finally reached.

Most amazing was that I didn't have to do anything. It just worked on its own!

I can't wait until they have Android support so I can FINALLY give TiVo $1,000.00 for a Roamio Pro with PLS! Not a penny for them until then!
TiVo HDXL
TiVo HD
Retired: TiVo Series 2 ST, Philips Series 1 HDR212
NotNowChief is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2013, 07:40 AM   #220
stujac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bierboy View Post
Not to continue to derail this thread (but, of course, I will). I don't know why anyone would bother using Netflix on any TiVo when it works so well on a Panny TV I'm an infrequent user, but it's seamless. When I tried it on my XL4, it was balky (even BEFORE the last update). I'm sure the Roamio is better (how could it be worse?), but using it on an Internet-connected TV is MUCH smoother...
Well, maybe everybody doesn't have a newer Panasonic. I don't know why anyone would think of using Netflix anywhere but the PS3 as it's pretty near perfect on that platform.
Old 10-31-2013, 07:45 AM   #221
Bierboy
Seasoned gas passer

Quote:
Originally Posted by stujac View Post
Well, maybe everybody doesn't have a newer Panasonic. I don't know why anyone would think of using Netflix anywhere but the PS3 as it's pretty near perfect on that platform.
Because many more people to NOT have a PS3 than DO have them? You can make our arguments with most any product...my point is that using Netflix is MUCH smoother on my Panny than on the Premiere...and the ultimate point is that using Netflix on the Premiere basically sucks...
Old 10-31-2013, 07:46 AM   #222
timstack8969

Pressed the TIVO button this morning and received the "Fall Update Message". I'm on Comcast of Garden State, NJ system.
timstack8969 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2013, 07:57 AM   #223
hairyblue
A good Man

I got the Update a couple of days ago on both my lifetime Tivos. I'm a happy camper. I would like to see a faster Netflix app.

Own 2 Tivo Premieres. OTA
Fired DTV for expensive rates on Sept. 2012
hairyblue is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2013, 08:08 AM   #224
pbubel

Quote:

--Margret
Thanks Margret, connected my Elite just after seeing this and it was sitting at pending restart 30 minutes later..
pbubel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2013, 08:17 AM   #225
aaronwt
HD Addict

Quote:
Not to continue to derail this thread (but, of course, I will). I don't know why anyone would bother using Netflix on any TiVo when it works so well on a Panny TV I'm an infrequent user, but it's seamless. When I tried it on my XL4, it was balky (even BEFORE the last update). I'm sure the Roamio is better (how could it be worse?), but using it on an Internet-connected TV is MUCH smoother...
I can think of some. The PS3 uses several times more power than the Premiere and many times more power than something like a ROku or BD player.

The PS3 is also borked for 3D playback from Netflix. It is limited to 720P3D while my Sony 3D BD player can play the 1080P 3D streams from Netflix.

For 2D streaming the Roamio is a much better option than the PS3. When I had the PS3 that was pretty much my last choice for Netflix streaming, just from the power issue.

My Sony 3D BD player was easily better for Netflix streaming than my PS3 was. I finally traded in my PS3 a few weeks ago since I had no more use for it. Since everything it did, I had other devices that were as good or better and used less power. I had a launch PS3 and a launch Slim, at they was certainly a great value years ago. But it's functions had been equaled or surpassed.

My Roamio Pro and two Minis are my primary Netflix players for 2D streaming now. I'll need to check out my Premiere to see if it got the update. Since it sounds like my Box was one of the ones that had it's service number in the Black hole.
39TB unRAID1--53TB unRAID2--36TB unRAID3
XBL/PSN: WormholeXtreme
aaronwt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2013, 08:20 AM   #226
stujac

Quote:
Because many more people to NOT have a PS3 than DO have them? You can make our arguments with most any product...my point is that using Netflix is MUCH smoother on my Panny than on the Premiere...and the ultimate point is that using Netflix on the Premiere basically sucks...
I fully agree with you although I'd bet more people have PS3's than have new Panasonic's but the point is mute. Your point is correct.
Old 10-31-2013, 08:52 AM   #227
Megamind
Dazed & Confused

Quote:

--Margret
Still no update here, even after forcing my XL4 to call home again this morning. I checked the Priority Update Request web site again and it still says "The box you entered is already on the priority list to receive the update."
Megamind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2013, 08:56 AM   #228
xander777

Same problem here. And I sent Margret my TSN's last night too.
xander777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2013, 09:18 AM   #229
timstack8969

Was hoping for a better "Menu Interface" with the Xfinity Ondemand" App with new software update.
timstack8969 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2013, 09:32 AM   #230
cwoody222

Still nothing here. The other half didn't get his yet either. Both of us signed up on day one or two.

Old 10-31-2013, 09:55 AM   #231
DCIFRTHS
I dumped SDV / cable

Quote:
Yeah, I had forced a connection (to no avail) not more than an hour or two before it connected on its own at 5:30 and that's when the update downloaded -- on the second connection. Looks like whatever was clogging things up was fixed mid to late afternoon today.
Not fixed for me...
DCIFRTHS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2013, 09:55 AM   #232
DCIFRTHS
I dumped SDV / cable

Quote:
Originally Posted by xander777 View Post
Apparently I signed up on the low priority list.

No love here.
hahahaha Me too
Old 10-31-2013, 10:03 AM   #233
DCIFRTHS
I dumped SDV / cable

Quote:

--Margret
Both of my boxes have connected since your post, but neither one of them has downloaded the update. Am I still in the black hole?
Old 10-31-2013, 10:04 AM   #234
wbrightfl

I just got my update but nothing I have been asking to be fixed was fixed :-( Netflix app still sucks and no Amazon Prime. I still have to use Roku for my streaming. I guess TIVO isn't focused on updating the Premieres to have a smooth and user friendly streaming experience.
wbrightfl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2013, 10:22 AM   #235
defond

Still no update for me either, and when I check the priority page it says that my tivo is already on the list. This is annoying...
Old 10-31-2013, 10:27 AM   #236
jrtroo
User

Apps are developed by the outside party, and updates are not necessarily tied to new tivo software. It was clear from the notes that netflix changes were not included.

However, Zatz has indicated netflix changes are in the works. Talk to Amazon about Prime, it is their app to create, and many of us would love that as a feature.

I'm also on the wait and see list, but there are some noted features that we have had little to no feedback on. Anything from the user community on these items?

- Press the C button in the Guide to filter by genre >> How does this work?
- Updated WishList screens in HD >> Any new functionality? Or is this more a HD version of the previous pages?
- Removed "Browse Web Videos" -- you can find web videos in Search, or use the "Web Video Hotlist", AOL.on, or YouTube apps
- new (HTML5) YouTube app with DIAL support >> I read this site all the time, how does this help my experience??
- fixed the issue where some boxes with Tuning Adapters stopped recording TiVo Suggestions >> I don't have a TA, but obviously this is a long standing issue. Are TA users happy with the changes here?

Last edited by jrtroo : 10-31-2013 at 10:34 AM.
jrtroo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2013, 10:42 AM   #237
bradleys
It'll be fine....

Quote:
Originally Posted by wbrightfl View Post
I just got my update but nothing I have been asking to be fixed was fixed :-( Netflix app still sucks and no Amazon Prime. I still have to use Roku for my streaming. I guess TIVO isn't focused on updating the Premieres to have a smooth and user friendly streaming experience.
The Premiere doesn't have Amazon Prime and probably never will. That is an Amazon decision, not a TiVo one and I suspect it has to do with the underpowered platform. If that is true - we may see Amazon Prime on the Roamio's, eventually.

A Netflix update was rumored to be part of this release, but it seems as though it has been delayed. But I wouldn't get my hopes up for a smoother implementation - for the same reason you will never see an Amazon Prime app, it is hardware bound.

So ask all you want - just understand that all you are doing is pissing into the wind....
TiVo Premier (2 TB Upgrade)
TiVo Roamio Plus
TiVo Mini
iPad TiVo app
TiVo Stream (Sold)
Personal Video Share powered by PyTiVo
bradleys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2013, 10:43 AM   #238
shamilian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrtroo View Post

- Press the C button in the Guide to filter by genre >> How does this work?
- Updated WishList screens in HD >> Any new functionality? Or is this more a HD version of the previous pages?
- Removed "Browse Web Videos" -- you can find web videos in Search, or use the "Web Video Hotlist", AOL.on, or YouTube apps
- new (HTML5) YouTube app with DIAL support >> I read this site all the time, how does this help my experience??
- fixed the issue where some boxes with Tuning Adapters stopped recording TiVo Suggestions >> I don't have a TA, but obviously this is a long standing issue. Are TA users happy with the changes here?

The Guide filter feature works well ... lets you choose things like movies, HD, comedy .... it shows an ordered list of movies currently showing and in the near future ( this is all text based ). This may be better than "what to watch now".

some have talked about the DIAL support for youtube. You use your phone/tablet youtube app to select the video and the youtube app starts and after a little time starts to play the video.
shamilian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2013, 10:44 AM   #239
bradleys
It'll be fine....

I haven't gotten the update yet (or really had time to look) I am wondering if someone can grab a new copy of KMTTG and use the new web page utility to open a web page.

This will tell you if the HTML5 app platform was included in this release.
TiVo Premier (2 TB Upgrade)
TiVo Roamio Plus
TiVo Mini
iPad TiVo app
TiVo Stream (Sold)
Personal Video Share powered by PyTiVo
bradleys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2013, 11:03 AM   #240
Bierboy
Seasoned gas passer

I thought I read (though I haven't yet tested) that the FF to live sound problem is now fixed.

WL looks the same other than being in HD. Functionality looks same....well maybe not. I see it has "Upcoming" in the first menu screen and I don't know if that was there before. I don't use WLs much (I only have one right now), so I'm unsure. Also, in the WL recording options, there's one there I don't remember "Record in HD only"...

Last edited by Bierboy : 10-31-2013 at 11:17 AM.