TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Premiere DVRs
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 10-29-2013, 06:05 PM   #121
Megamind
Dazed & Confused

No update for me, either. And I signed up for the priority list over a week ago. Just to confirm I was on the list, I tried re-entering my TSN and the page told me that box was already on the list.

I'm a little bummed, but if not getting the update on the day it's released is the worst thing that happens to me this week, I think I'm going to be all right ...
Megamind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2013, 06:07 PM   #122
MeInDallas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan203 View Post
That does suck. I just hope they're right and there is a fix in this version for your problem. You've got an awful lot riding on this update, it could be a massive letdown if it doesn't fix all your issues.
Yep this will definately be the deciding factor on whether or not I continue a relationship with Tivo. I dont see any major updates after this one for the Premiere. I could be wrong about that, but with the Roamio in full swing I just dont see Tivo sinking a lot of money into major updates for the Premiere. Maybe a little fix here and there, maybe not.
MeInDallas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2013, 06:08 PM   #123
Dan203
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by TooMuchTime View Post
I can't connect to the TiVo service until a scheduled update takes place at 2am. So, I'll know more tomorrow. I think I'll reboot the machine first thing in the morning and see what I get.
That means you have the software and you just need to reboot the TiVo to have it install. You can force a restart now as long as you have a block of 30-40 minutes where it doesn't need to record anything. (Messages & Settings->Help->Reset TiVo->Reboot)
Dan203 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2013, 06:09 PM   #124
TIVO_GUY_HERE
I miss the ocean

Quote:
Originally Posted by Megamind View Post
No update for me, either. And I signed up for the priority list over a week ago.

I'm a little bummed, but if not getting the update on the day it's released is the worst thing that happens to me this week, I think I'm going to be all right ...
This...

I'm reading these posts and really??
TIVO_GUY_HERE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2013, 06:10 PM   #125
morac
Cat God

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajwees41 View Post
what are gold stars for?
Ads.
morac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2013, 06:11 PM   #126
Dan203
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by TIVO_GUY_HERE View Post
This...

I'm reading these posts and really??
The Priority list doesn't seem to be first come first served. I added my wife's TiVo like the day after it went live, but forgot about the Premiere in my office. I just added that one like a week or so ago. Both of them got the update first thing yesterday. (around 3:45pm)
Old 10-29-2013, 06:17 PM   #127
Fofer
༺♥༻

TC CLUB MEMBER
Quote:
I was hoping that with the addition of DTA that a 2 tuner Premiere could now be used as a Mini host, but nope. With the Roamio you can borrow all of the tuners for a Mini except the one that's currently in the foreground, which means a 2 tuner Premiere could technically support a Mini now even with live TV. So the limitation is completely artificial now.

This is really disappointing. I'd have loved to use a Mini with my 2-tuner Premiere. I never, ever watch Live TV.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
- a list of some favorite browser add-ons that help make TCF even more enjoyable!
Fofer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2013, 06:35 PM   #128
Dan203
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fofer View Post

This is really disappointing. I'd have loved to use a Mini with my 2-tuner Premiere. I never, ever watch Live TV.
I know. One of the reasons I checked was specifically for you.
Old 10-29-2013, 06:42 PM   #129
Fofer
༺♥༻

TC CLUB MEMBER
Quote:
I know. One of the reasons I checked was specifically for you.
Thank you for the information. I do certainly appreciate that you'd think of me when checking/reporting such a thing.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
- a list of some favorite browser add-ons that help make TCF even more enjoyable!
Old 10-29-2013, 07:05 PM   #130
JWhites

Any word on the program description truncation being fixed yet?
JWhites is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2013, 07:13 PM   #131
cwoody222

Nothing here yet. And I signed up the first or second day the priority list was announced.
Old 10-29-2013, 08:02 PM   #132
TiVoJimmy

C501 Error Accessing Music & Photos

Well the C501 error when accessing Music & Photos to use Pandora is still not fixed! This after 3 updates, Fall 2012, Spring 2013 and now Fall 2013.

For those not familiar with the error, when using the HD menus this error comes up and Music & Photos is not usable. If you switch to the SD menus, Music & Photos works great.

I have called twice on this issue, latest was tonight after discovering the latest update did not correct the problem. Tech support tells me they are working on the issue but do not have a resolution yet. I told them it has been a known issue for over a year now and is extremely frustrating. They gave me two months credit for my grandfathered $6.95/month multi-room discount.

When I received the email asking to do a quick survey, I gave the rep high marks but made sure to voice my frustration in the comments.
TiVoJimmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2013, 08:05 PM   #133
moyekj

Something fairly minor I noticed was fixed/improved in 20.3.7:
All my HD channels are in 1000+ range (and I take all SD channels out of my lineup) and most have 6+ characters as callsign. 20.3.1 software would truncate characters such that channel # + name was mostly a bunch of garbled "...". 20.3.7 software fixed that such that nothing truncates anymore and I can see the full channel # + name from My Shows lists.

moyekj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2013, 08:07 PM   #134
kherr

With all the banter about the Netflix app, doesn't Netflix write and maintain it. I solved that issue already and bought a pair of Rokus. Best money spent, not only Netflix but Amazon Prime and a host of others that Tivo could never support. I'll skip the Mini for the garage and just get another Roku ...
kherr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2013, 08:09 PM   #135
moyekj

Quote:
Originally Posted by TiVoJimmy View Post
Well the C501 error when accessing Music & Photos to use Pandora is still not fixed! This after 3 updates, Fall 2012, Spring 2013 and now Fall 2013.
I don't use my Premiere and Elite much directly anymore since getting my Roamio, but before that I used Pandora almost every day on my series 4 units and never saw that C501 issue. Do you have TiVo Desktop installed/enabled by any chance? If so perhaps try shutting it off to see if that helps.

Old 10-29-2013, 08:10 PM   #136
overFEDEXed

The difference is like between a 3GS and 5S iPhone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Helmerichs View Post
I've actually had no problems with my Premiere, except that I'd like to see the rest of the menus HD'd (not so much for esthetic reasons, but so they will all function the same). Of course, I only use my TiVo to record and play back shows, so some of the things that people dislike about it don't affect me. But all in all, I remain a very happy customer. Roamio doesn't even tempt me.

I must admit. I was so frustrated with my two-tuner Premiere and my Elite, that I just knew the Roamio had to be better. Of course, seeing all the speculation about the new hardware/software, helped me along. The awesome Mini arrival/performance, also helped a lot.

Reading some of the complaints on these forums, may have influenced me. Like when you buy a new car and then read online, about certain problems, then you actually start to "Look/Listen" for them. But, the truth of the matter for me is.......................

The Roamio is so unbelievably better than the Premiere, even recording and playback, that if you purchase one, you may never use your Premiere again.

Yes, the Roamio is a joy to use, compared to my Premiere. This is just my opinion, along with a few others here.
overFEDEXed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2013, 08:29 PM   #137
TiVoJimmy

Quote:
Originally Posted by moyekj View Post
I don't use my Premiere and Elite much directly anymore since getting my Roamio, but before that I used Pandora almost every day on my series 4 units and never saw that C501 issue. Do you have TiVo Desktop installed/enabled by any chance? If so perhaps try shutting it off to see if that helps.
I had high hopes, but it did not work. I stopped the TiVo Beacon Service and killed all the TiVo processes running on my PC.

Was hoping it would help, but also that would make me even more frustrated with TiVo support if they still hadn't figured it out.

Thanks for trying.
TiVoJimmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2013, 08:36 PM   #138
moedaman

Quote:
I was hoping that with the addition of DTA that a 2 tuner Premiere could now be used as a Mini host, but nope. With the Roamio you can borrow all of the tuners for a Mini except the one that's currently in the foreground, which means a 2 tuner Premiere could technically support a Mini now even with live TV. So the limitation is completely artificial now.
Makes you wonder if it always was?
moedaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2013, 08:46 PM   #139
Fofer
༺♥༻

TC CLUB MEMBER
So long as the user is okay with only watching recordings (as I certainly am) then yes, the restriction certainly is artificial. And Dan's experiment shows that even that restriction wouldn't be required all the time. Now, it seems like there's no reason a 2-Tuner Premiere couldn't technically work with a Mini. It's just that TiVo doesn't feel like supporting it.

Old 10-29-2013, 09:20 PM   #140
JWhites

Why are so many people talking about the Roamio when this is a Premiere thread. Come on we don't need to hear how great the Roamio is, we already know damn it.
JWhites is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2013, 09:36 PM   #141
bradleys
It'll be fine....

I would love the Premiere 2 tuner to work with the mini. It would make me feel like I was still getting use out of the box. It sits in the media room and we don't watch "a lot" of live TV up there.

I do feel it is an artificial restriction that doesn't really have a purpose any longer.
TiVo Premier (2 TB Upgrade)
TiVo Roamio Plus
TiVo Mini
iPad TiVo app
TiVo Stream (Sold)
Personal Video Share powered by PyTiVo

Last edited by bradleys : 10-29-2013 at 09:48 PM.
bradleys is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2013, 10:01 PM   #142
moyekj

Quote:
I had high hopes, but it did not work. I stopped the TiVo Beacon Service and killed all the TiVo processes running on my PC.

Was hoping it would help, but also that would make me even more frustrated with TiVo support if they still hadn't figured it out.

Thanks for trying.
One more thing to try now that all TiVo Desktop processes are shut down. Reboot your TiVo to clear out any bad cache it may still have associated with the Music&Photo shares. It's worth a shot however unlikely it is to help.

Old 10-29-2013, 11:29 PM   #143
Devx

Not sure what to really expect with this update. Turned HDUI back on to experience the new changes. It's possible I'm just very used to my Roamios now but it seems the HDUI is slower than I remember. What to Watch Now wasn't present on Tivo Central so I restarted to force refresh the UI. Still not present. Works fine via iOS app. Checked again to make sure I'm on 20.3.7.1a. The pause ads in the HDUI are the same size as on the Roamio, can't tell if this is new or not. DIAL support for YouTube works. Appears a bit buggy at first glance. It works but the clip plays, always stops a few seconds in, starts over, and then plays through. Back to SDUI. Thanks TiVo...I think.

Sorry to those that are frustrated and still do not have the update. I'm not sure how the priority page works because I did NOT sign up for the priority update and my box has the new update already. It appears to have rebooted about 21 hrs ago. I would have gladly given up my spot to someone else.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TiVoMargret View Post
...Here are some of the changes:....
- support for out-of-home streaming through a Roamio Plus/Pro in the home (and eventually TiVo Stream, when that update is released next month)...
Interestingly enough, OOH downloading from a Premiere through a Roamio worked before the update was released. I didn't realize streaming/downloading were so different unless my OOH downloads were a fluke.
THD 2TB x 2
Humax S2 300GB (retired)
Devx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2013, 06:43 AM   #144
slowbiscuit
FUBAR

Quote:

For those not familiar with the error, when using the HD menus this error comes up and Music & Photos is not usable. If you switch to the SD menus, Music & Photos works great.
I use Pandora all the time from the HD menus and it always works great, must be something specific to your setup. Pandora is probably the best app they've ever done on the Premiere, it loads fast and is very reliable on my Elite.
slowbiscuit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2013, 08:41 AM   #145
tatergator1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devx View Post
DIAL support for YouTube works. Appears a bit buggy at first glance. It works but the clip plays, always stops a few seconds in, starts over, and then plays through. Back to SDUI. Thanks TiVo...I think.
The play-restart-play bug in the Youtube app was there before this update. In addition, it seems to be related to Youtube's software. A friend saw the bug on my Premiere a few months ago and commented that the Youtube app on his Smart TV does the same thing.
tatergator1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2013, 08:45 AM   #146
Loach

No update for me as of last night and I've been on the priority list for about a week. But without a Netflix update I guess I no longer particularly care. I suppose DTA will be nice in theory, but probably not a game changer for me as I haven't had a problem with having 1 tuner dedicated to my Minis.
Loach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2013, 09:34 AM   #147
rjrustia

I don't think TiVo is using the Priority Update list. I signed up the first day it opened up, and still no update. Trying to enter my TSN again results in "Your already on the list." I really miss Suggestions and access to my Wishlist Searches.
rjrustia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2013, 10:17 AM   #148
Bierboy
Seasoned gas passer

Don't know if this was mentioned, but have the truncated program descriptions been fixed in this update? (still no update love for me)...
Bierboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2013, 10:52 AM   #149
defond

I signed up on the priority list as soon as it went live and I still have no upstate. What the hell!?!
Old 10-30-2013, 10:58 AM   #150
Bierboy
Seasoned gas passer

Quote:
Originally Posted by defond View Post
I signed up on the priority list as soon as it went live and I still have no upstate. What the hell!?!
You in New York?
Bierboy is offline   Reply With Quote