Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Premiere DVRs
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 11-13-2013, 06:48 PM   #541
nooneuknow
TiVo User Since 2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by slowbiscuit View Post
Well they are a little bigger now than before on pause but yeah, I don't think there's more of them.
They creep in slowly, until it gets hard to find anyplace ad free. I guess TiVo is using the frog in slowly warming water versus a frog in boiling water analogy as a means to keep us from jumping out.
Old 11-13-2013, 07:07 PM   #542
nooneuknow
TiVo User Since 2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by lpwcomp View Post
I am not seeing "adds(sic) in the bottom of every list and folder".
I received my updates on all my Premieres, on 10/28. I must have made the first portion of the rollout, which, as you know, is done is stages (limited number at a time, for those who don't know this is their normal method). I had added all my TSNs on the priority update list page, as soon as I knew I could do so.

It took until yesterday, 11/13, for it to get to the point where the "ad creep" made it's way into program episode list folders.

Way back in this thread, I posted that people who just got the update should give their TiVo(s) at least 3-4 days before posting they aren't seeing what others are. Now it appears that I should've said "two weeks".

However, I see that bickering over the ads has gotten out-of-hand.

I would rather focus on post one of the thread, quoted below, and bugs fixed/introduced. We are DEFINTELY going to NEED another update, AGAIN, to fix the new bugs, which TiVo seems to always give us along with the bugs fixed (I know, nobody, and no company, is perfect), as well as bugs that have not been addressed, which were widely posted about on TCF.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TiVoMargret View Post
Hi TiVo Premiere owners!

Later today we will begin releasing the Fall Update (20.3.7.1a) to TiVo Premiere boxes.

Here are some of the changes:
- "What to Watch Now" available from TiVo Central
- Press the C button in the Guide to filter by genre
- Updated WishList screens in HD
- Removed "Browse Web Videos" -- you can find web videos in Search, or use the "Web Video Hotlist", AOL.on, or YouTube apps
- 4-tuner Premieres that feed TiVo Minis no longer need to "reserve" a tuner so the Minis can watch live TV
- TiVo Minis can now remotely manage the To Do List and Season Pass Manager of TiVo Premieres
- new (HTML5) YouTube app with DIAL support
- advanced help for troubleshooting whole home network and box connectivity issues (Help > Whole Home > Streaming > Advanced Help)
- fixed the freeze in the Signal Strength meter, where it would report the same signal level for all channels
- fixed the issue where some boxes with Tuning Adapters stopped recording TiVo Suggestions
- support for out-of-home streaming through a Roamio Plus/Pro in the home (and eventually TiVo Stream, when that update is released next month)

I expect the update to be available after 4pm Pacific to anyone who was signed up on the priority list before midnight last night. If you signed up today, then your box will most likely update after 4pm tomorrow.

--Margret

Last edited by nooneuknow : 11-13-2013 at 10:09 PM.
nooneuknow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2013, 09:09 PM   #543
lpwcomp

I think I got the update around the 30th ( I put both of my Premieres on the priority list shortly after it opened), but I don't remember.

My main point about the ads is that they are nothing new. Saying that that are because they have finally appeared in the HDUI is nonsense. Did anyone really think they would be absent forever? Does anyone really think that complaining about them will do any good?

The fact that there are two ads on the SDUI TiVo Central screen is completely unrelated to the update. I have the same two ads and ads in some of the groups on my THD. And there is at least a pause ad on my TiVo 2. I didn't get the chance to check all of the groups.

I really wish people would stop with the ad hominems, even the non-specific ones ("a few trolls and other known fire-starters").

I agree with the contention that we should be concentrating on actual bugs, both newly introduced and those that weren't fixed, although I'm not sure that will do any good either.

"Jessica Fletcher visits Midsomer. Carnage ensues!"
lpwcomp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2013, 11:08 PM   #544
nooneuknow
TiVo User Since 2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by lpwcomp View Post
I think I got the update around the 30th ( I put both of my Premieres on the priority list shortly after it opened), but I don't remember.

My main point about the ads is that they are nothing new. Saying that that are because they have finally appeared in the HDUI is nonsense. Did anyone really think they would be absent forever? Does anyone really think that complaining about them will do any good?

The fact that there are two ads on the SDUI TiVo Central screen is completely unrelated to the update. I have the same two ads and ads in some of the groups on my THD. And there is at least a pause ad on my TiVo 2. I didn't get the chance to check all of the groups.

I really wish people would stop with the ad hominems, even the non-specific ones ("a few trolls and other known fire-starters").

I agree with the contention that we should be concentrating on actual bugs, both newly introduced and those that weren't fixed, although I'm not sure that will do any good either.
Discussion about the ads can be found all over the place. Throw a stone, and you'll hit a thread full of it, regardless of whether it's in a Premiere or Roamio area.

The uproar about the ads really began in a Roamio thread, which was started as exactly such a thread, before this Premiere update was even officially announced. Even Dave Zatz weighed in, saying something *close to* we can either accept it, or part-ways with TiVo, because previous uproars he covered and blogged about, seemed to have no effect on TiVo's practices, even while there was a decline in TiVo sales/subs, coinciding with previous uproars. Then there were allegations that press and reviewer Roamio units didn't have these "new" ads, and speculation over if that was by design (intentional).

As you say, TiVo has put ads in many places, over time, and none of these are truly "new" ad spaces, except for appearing in the HDUI. It seems like every Premiere thread you look in, somebody (many people, but not I) was/is practically screaming "Finish the HDUI!!!!!!". I think if TiVo concentrated on ads for this release, they likely consider it "finished". I care more about bugs, and reliability, than I do whether wishlists and other menu screen are in HD.

Once all the Premiere(s) have reached their ad saturation point, I really don't see how anybody can say "there is nothing new about this". Why? TiVo took every place they have ever placed an ad, and has now made it where it has all of them at the same time/all the time. That is new, IMHO.

tivomargret is the OP of this thread. That is why I chose to speak up in it. This has been the only thread in the Premiere area she has started, or actively participated in, since the Roamio went on the market. I thought she just might check in from time to time, even if only to read, scanning for bugs, or major issues.

However, the thread is already majorly diluted, which was why I abandoned my inquiry about the new "TiVo Premiere Tours" downloads (or if they didn't download), and hope that this can be my last mention of the ads. I've expressed my opinion. What more is there to say, except maybe a separate thread, to direct the ad uproar to, might be better created sooner, than later? The rollout has a ways to go, and the less we talk about ads, in this thread, the better, IMHO.
Old 11-14-2013, 12:01 AM   #545
nooneuknow
TiVo User Since 2007

The other seemingly logical option, IMHO, other than a separate thread for people to express themselves about the ads in, would be just leave this one to what it turned into, and start a thread titled in a way that makes it clear it's for bug reports only (making everything else O.T.), and hope for the best.

This is post #545, and I think the number of reported bugs is 5 or less. I did spot a couple that seemed to be "a big issue". Trying to find each one again, in this heap, nearly hopeless.

Yes, I do realize I contributed to the snowball effect with some of my earlier posts. Sorry about that...
Old 11-14-2013, 08:00 PM   #546
beeman65

I've had the update about two weeks and everything seems ok. The biggest issue for me is Netflix still isn't fixed. I expected that though. Who knows if it will ever be fixed (what was added in the spring that fixed it? MLB? ..Bueller?) Oh well, here is to 2014 when maybe I can get a Roamio.
beeman65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2013, 09:22 PM   #547
Cheezmo

Kind of off topic, but I just ran into an incredibly intrusive ad on Ticketmaster. it was built into the captcha code input screen. You had to watch a 15-30 second ad in order to reveal the code you needed to type in. Talk about a "capcha'd" audience.

I guess the equivalent with Tivo would be requiring you to watch short ads before you start watching a recorded show kind of like YouTube. I laugh now, but who knows.
Old 11-15-2013, 02:23 AM   #548
DCIFRTHS
I dumped SDV / cable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheezmo View Post
Kind of off topic, but I just ran into an incredibly intrusive ad on Ticketmaster. it was built into the captcha code input screen. You had to watch a 15-30 second ad in order to reveal the code you needed to type in. Talk about a "capcha'd" audience.

I guess the equivalent with Tivo would be requiring you to watch short ads before you start watching a recorded show kind of like YouTube. I laugh now, but who knows.
Before you mentioned this, I didn't know what my breaking point was (regarding ads). Now I do...

I give my word - if I ever have to watch anything before my recordings will playback, I will immediately cancel all my subscriptions. I wouldn't hesitate for one second to dump TiVo at that point.
DCIFRTHS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2013, 02:36 PM   #549
b_scott
TiVo Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by beeman65 View Post
I've had the update about two weeks and everything seems ok. The biggest issue for me is Netflix still isn't fixed. I expected that though. Who knows if it will ever be fixed (what was added in the spring that fixed it? MLB? ..Bueller?) Oh well, here is to 2014 when maybe I can get a Roamio.
that's what they want you to do....
b_scott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2013, 04:29 PM   #550
meadota

I didn't sign up for the early update and I've been reading all the complaints from people not getting it yet. To add to your frustration, I just received 20.3.7!
meadota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2013, 05:26 PM   #551
tomhorsley

Earth shattering news from Palm Beach County, Florida: Comcast just rolled out the new firmware. I have the latest version now, and was just able to channel surf through my entire lineup without once getting an error! I may actually consider getting a Roamio now that I see the firmware works on my Premiere.

And despite what comcast has been saying all this time, they obviously didn't actually need to rollout their entire infrastructure upgrade just to update firmware. In fact the date on the firmware was June or July as I recall, so we could have had it months ago.

I guess I can remove my cron job that reboots my TiVo every day at 2:00am now :-).
tomhorsley is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2013, 07:30 PM   #552
Dan203
Super Moderator

Good to hear.
Dan203 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2013, 12:00 AM   #553
nooneuknow
TiVo User Since 2007

As anemic as the Premiere threads have been, I'm unhappy to say, hearing almost anything is "good to hear".

Did everybody donate their Premieres to Goodwill, or what the heck happened?

Alternate theories: Everybody boxed their Premieres up, for when they finally sell on ebay/craigslist, or they are giftwrapped as Christmas presents?

The S3 & TiVo HD threads didn't decline like this, when the Premiere came out.

The Roamio goes on sale, and I had to subscribe to all the Roamio threads, just to find NEW POSTS in order to read anything actually about TiVo...

As a matter of fact, I've been getting more, and better, data on cross-platform issues and secondary hardware issues, since tivomargret is on top of everything that goes on in Roamio land, and many things can exhibit cross-platform.

Perhaps TiVo could spare a tivo(somebody else) to make more than an update rollout announcement, and then leave again?

I'm also miffed, that it's "policy" for any Premiere support ticket that hasn't been resolved to be automatically closed, along with any more that you open on the same matter.

On the bright side, it looks like we have one more update coming, if zatznotfunny's article is accurate:

http://www.zatznotfunny.com/2013-11/tivo-opera-tv/

So, let's please leave the ad talk behind, and get a unified list of unresolved and new bugs/issues with this update compiled. If we get it together and everybody does their part in both making the lists and reporting the bugs/issues through the proper channels, as individuals, maybe they will get addressed in the future update...

Why am I not taking the lead in making a list? Cox is in the middle of a SDV channel migration, and is remapping frequencies, causing problems hard to pinpoint as to their origin, or who needs to fix them. Just my luck.... The update rolls right in the middle of Cox's stumbling/blundering around during their SDV remapping.

All that really stands out, for me, is that my TiVo HDs are actually coping with the SDV BETTER THAN MY PREMIERES, with the exception of TiVo Suggestions bug being fixed on my Premieres, with this update (and, obviously, never will be on the S3/THD).

On the flip side, the suggestions aren't being very useful. I'm getting suggestions that I watch my favorite shows, that I already record, have thumbed-up, but on all the channels that air repeats of them all the time, and not much else. The rest of the suggestions make me wonder if they have monkeys in charge of suggestions. But, suggestions are better than nothing, right?

I can confirm the other bugs/issues reported about playback of supported AV formats from a computer, to the TiVo, and the guide returning you back to the current time, when you shouldn't go back.

Any other bugs I can help confirm or otherwise investigate, that a SDV remapping in slow-progress wouldn't contaminate the results?
Old 11-16-2013, 06:27 AM   #554
atmuscarella

Quote:
Originally Posted by nooneuknow View Post

Mine sits unplugged in my AV rack along with my unplugged Series 3, & TiVo HD waiting for me to decide what to do with the 5+ TB of shows on their hard drives.
R.I.P. - 08/06 - TiVo
05/08 - TiVo HD
06/08 - Panasonic 50PZ800U 50" Plazma!!
03/10 - Series 3
11/10 - Premiere
09/13 - Roamio

Last edited by atmuscarella : 11-16-2013 at 08:25 AM.
atmuscarella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2013, 09:01 AM   #555
jrboddie

My Premier updated on Thursday -- during prime time ! -- and after the reboot, started making a loud noise either from the fan or hard drive. I expected it to stop after a while like the fan usually does on restart, but this continued even after normal operation began. I cycled the power to the box and it rebooted without the racket.

This morning, I rebooted the system from the UI (in order to fix a network connectivity issue) and the same thing happened: loud spinup noise but corrected by recycling the power.

I came here to see if anyone else had experienced this.
jrboddie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2013, 10:27 AM   #556
sharkster

Both of my Premieres updated a week or so ago (been sick a lot - lost track of days).

Two positives I've had are - since the previous update I was having a problem when I would RW once just to go back several seconds on live tv and, instead of it just going back it would snap back 30 minutes. That was uber-frustrating and it has stopped, near as I can tell, since the current update.

Another thing that was happening since the previous update was that when I would go into my 'deleted' folder (yes, I'm one of those weirdos who goes in there to delete stuff), it would take 5-6 seconds for the list to populate. That seems to have gone back to normal.

I don't use 'suggestions' and barely even touch 'wish list', so I cannot speak to that. Those two things I mentioned are the only changes I've noticed so far with my use. I wish they would just provide a complete list of what all is changing. Maybe there are features that have improved but, since I never used them because I hated them before, I never know because I don't have a reason to go back to them.

I just wish they would get 'On Demand' with Charter. I even have Charter labeled Tivo remotes that have an On Demand button. Big stuff like that, and having Amazon Prime, are the changes I'm looking for and seem like they should be possible.

Last edited by sharkster : 11-16-2013 at 07:04 PM.
sharkster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2013, 10:36 AM   #557
JoeKustra
Cable only

It would have been nice if TiVo made the new items under TiVo Central optional. I can adapt to a gold star but telling me what I should be watching is kinda rude. Well, so far no better alternatives [for me].
JoeKustra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2013, 10:56 AM   #558
beeman65

Quote:
Originally Posted by nooneuknow View Post
As anemic as the Premiere threads have been, I'm unhappy to say, hearing almost anything is "good to hear".

Alternate theories: Everybody boxed their Premieres up, for when they finally sell on ebay/craigslist, or they are giftwrapped as Christmas presents?

The S3 & TiVo HD threads didn't decline like this, when the Premiere came out.

The Roamio goes on sale, and I had to subscribe to all the Roamio threads, just to find NEW POSTS in order to read anything actually about TiVo...

As a matter of fact, I've been getting more, and better, data on cross-platform issues and secondary hardware issues, since tivomargret is on top of everything that goes on in Roamio land, and many things can exhibit cross-platform.

Perhaps TiVo could spare a tivo(somebody else) to make more than an update rollout announcement, and then leave again?

I'm also miffed, that it's "policy" for any Premiere support ticket that hasn't been resolved to be automatically closed, along with any more that you open on the same matter.

On the bright side, it looks like we have one more update coming, if zatznotfunny's article is accurate:

http://www.zatznotfunny.com/2013-11/tivo-opera-tv/

So, let's please leave the ad talk behind, and get a unified list of unresolved and new bugs/issues with this update compiled. If we get it together and everybody does their part in both making the lists and reporting the bugs/issues through the proper channels, as individuals, maybe they will get addressed in the future update...

Why am I not taking the lead in making a list? Cox is in the middle of a SDV channel migration, and is remapping frequencies, causing problems hard to pinpoint as to their origin, or who needs to fix them. Just my luck.... The update rolls right in the middle of Cox's stumbling/blundering around during their SDV remapping.

All that really stands out, for me, is that my TiVo HDs are actually coping with the SDV BETTER THAN MY PREMIERES, with the exception of TiVo Suggestions bug being fixed on my Premieres, with this update (and, obviously, never will be on the S3/THD).

On the flip side, the suggestions aren't being very useful. I'm getting suggestions that I watch my favorite shows, that I already record, have thumbed-up, but on all the channels that air repeats of them all the time, and not much else. The rest of the suggestions make me wonder if they have monkeys in charge of suggestions. But, suggestions are better than nothing, right?

I can confirm the other bugs/issues reported about playback of supported AV formats from a computer, to the TiVo, and the guide returning you back to the current time, when you shouldn't go back.

Any other bugs I can help confirm or otherwise investigate, that a SDV remapping in slow-progress wouldn't contaminate the results?
Thanks for sharing that link. I (and my kids) feel better that a new Netflix app is coming. Hopefully it gets the post play feature where the next episode of a TV series plays automatically.
beeman65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2013, 11:22 AM   #559
SuperGonz

I'd like to thank TIVO for the newly enhanced ads on my paid service, and for the new multiple daily re-boots. You certainly know how to alienate your customers.
SuperGonz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2013, 11:37 AM   #560
celtic pride

I didn't sign up for the update,but i got it on both my tivos yesterday, I noticed rhapsody not working on both tivos with a message saying rhaposdy operation failed! But todays its working,as far as the ads go i noticed their about 3 time larger than the old ads which were in a yellow circle below the pause bar,now the ad is above the pause bar practicly in the center of the screen!! no wonder everybodys complaining!
celtic pride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2013, 12:30 PM   #561
andyf

Quote:
Originally Posted by celtic pride View Post
I didn't sign up for the update,but i got it on both my tivos yesterday, I noticed rhapsody not working on both tivos with a message saying rhaposdy operation failed! But todays its working,as far as the ads go i noticed their about 3 time larger than the old ads which were in a yellow circle below the pause bar,now the ad is above the pause bar practicly in the center of the screen!! no wonder everybodys complaining!
I don't find the pause ads that bad, you can always clear them with a down press.
Old 11-16-2013, 01:26 PM   #562
dianebrat
Uncontrolled Force

Quote:
Originally Posted by celtic pride View Post
But todays its working,as far as the ads go i noticed their about 3 time larger than the old ads which were in a yellow circle below the pause bar,now the ad is above the pause bar practicly in the center of the screen!! no wonder everybodys complaining!
No, everybody is not complaining, many of us aren't bothered and don't care, there's just a very VERY vocal group that has issues with them.
Old 11-16-2013, 02:28 PM   #563
Bierboy
Seasoned gas passer

Quote:
Originally Posted by dianebrat View Post
No, everybody is not complaining, many of us aren't bothered and don't care, there's just a very VERY vocal group that has issues with them.
This...
Bierboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2013, 02:50 PM   #564
Jed1

Received the fall update yesterday also on both my Premiere 4s. The downstairs one rebooted by itself and the upstairs one I had to restart today as it was in use last night. I was not on the Priority List.

I noticed a Fox program with a gold star in front of it at the bottom of the TiVo menu. Does this go away by itself or could I delete it? I also noticed I got 3 TiVo videos but I haven't looked at them. According to their descriptions it seems like they are the same TiVo videos I got when I first got my Premieres this past summer.
I haven't looked at the ads but I assume these are just larger Carbonite and Charmin TP ads.

Speaking of Charmin TP I just bought out the remaining stock of Charmin Ultra at my local grocery store as P&G has reduced the width of their TP from 4.27 inches to 3.92 inches. They also reduced the number of sheets per roll from 176 to 164. I should be good for the next two years with TP.
Jed1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2013, 03:22 PM   #565
JoeKustra
Cable only

The gold star is probably automated like the popcorn box. I haven't found a way to disable either one. I guess we will get used to it. Maybe that vocal minority can find a way. It sucks, but it "meets expectations". The videos are a waste of time. Like they say, "It's more than a DVR". So is a sinkhole in Florida.
JoeKustra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2013, 05:36 PM   #566
Jed1

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeKustra View Post
The gold star is probably automated like the popcorn box. I haven't found a way to disable either one. I guess we will get used to it. Maybe that vocal minority can find a way. It sucks, but it "meets expectations". The videos are a waste of time. Like they say, "It's more than a DVR". So is a sinkhole in Florida.
Hopefully the Gold Stars don't pile up and I will end up with a list a mile long in my TiVo menu.
I wonder if Rupert Murdock paid for that gold star listing. I do not need that guy in my life either. Between him (Fox News Corp), Sony, and Disney Corp., they have made my Blu Ray experience a pain in the behind with their fanatical fear that somebody is stealing their content. I see that Disney Corp is exploiting Star Wars in a TV ad for a theme park. Hopefully that place can disappear into a sinkhole.

Better get off my soap box as my BP is rising.
Jed1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2013, 09:04 PM   #567
Bierboy
Seasoned gas passer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jed1 View Post
Hopefully the Gold Stars don't pile up and I will end up with a list a mile long in my TiVo menu.
I wonder if Rupert Murdock paid for that gold star listing. I do not need that guy in my life either. Between him (Fox News Corp), Sony, and Disney Corp., they have made my Blu Ray experience a pain in the behind with their fanatical fear that somebody is stealing their content. I see that Disney Corp is exploiting Star Wars in a TV ad for a theme park. Hopefully that place can disappear into a sinkhole.

Better get off my soap box as my BP is rising.
I certainly hope you're kidding. This "issue" is certainly not one to aggravate a person to THAT extent...
Bierboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2013, 11:03 PM   #568
nooneuknow
TiVo User Since 2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrboddie View Post
My Premier updated on Thursday -- during prime time ! -- and after the reboot, started making a loud noise either from the fan or hard drive. I expected it to stop after a while like the fan usually does on restart, but this continued even after normal operation began. I cycled the power to the box and it rebooted without the racket.

This morning, I rebooted the system from the UI (in order to fix a network connectivity issue) and the same thing happened: loud spinup noise but corrected by recycling the power.

I came here to see if anyone else had experienced this.
Unless they changed the fan speed control settings in the update, it has nothing to do with the update.

TiVo has always spun the fan up to it's pre-set max speed at start-up and reboot times, then it goes down to a lower speed, unless your internal temp sensor is indicating it needs extra cooling.

I'd suggest using some canned air to clean the insides of your unit, and the fan. Often, if you gently grab a fan blade and push/pull the fan hub in and out a few times, it will redistribute some lubricant, and might make the noise go away. You can do the push/pull of the fan hub part without opening the case, if you can find some small improvised tools to do so (if you don't wish to open your TiVo). You can also bend the canned air tube to try and blow the dust out from between the fixed and rotating parts of the fan, from the outside.

If you are not still in any kind of warranty, I suggest you open up the case and inspect for dust/lint buildup. Just make sure it is unplugged, and keep your hands from touching any part of the power supply, for maximum safety.

Otherwise, it's either time to replace the fan, or clean and re-lubricate the spindle and bushings. Describing how would take a lengthy post.
Old 11-16-2013, 11:12 PM   #569
nooneuknow
TiVo User Since 2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharkster View Post
Two positives I've had are - since the previous update I was having a problem when I would RW once just to go back several seconds on live tv and, instead of it just going back it would snap back 30 minutes. That was uber-frustrating and it has stopped, near as I can tell, since the current update.

Another thing that was happening since the previous update was that when I would go into my 'deleted' folder (yes, I'm one of those weirdos who goes in there to delete stuff), it would take 5-6 seconds for the list to populate. That seems to have gone back to normal.

I don't use 'suggestions' and barely even touch 'wish list', so I cannot speak to that. Those two things I mentioned are the only changes I've noticed so far with my use. I wish they would just provide a complete list of what all is changing. Maybe there are features that have improved but, since I never used them because I hated them before, I never know because I don't have a reason to go back to them.
Same here. I'm more happy about the deleted folder getting its speed back, than everything else. I just hate bringing it up, because of how people respond when I talk about liking to manage/control what's in my deleted folder.

I also had the same problem with simple FF/RR/trickplay functions jumping me all the way, one way or the other. That seems to have been fixed, as well. But, it always was intermittent for me, so I need more time before I can be sure it is fixed.

Last edited by nooneuknow : 11-16-2013 at 11:30 PM.
nooneuknow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2013, 11:18 PM   #570
nooneuknow
TiVo User Since 2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bierboy View Post
I certainly hope you're kidding. This "issue" is certainly not one to aggravate a person to THAT extent...
I'm sure he isn't, as neither am I.

TiVo related matters have often forced me to just turn off the TV, and go do something else, to bring my BP and heart rate down. Sometime the other activity involves looking for alternatives to TiVo.

I know you've seen me post my usual line before: "TiVo should be a source of relaxation and enjoyment, not another stressor and source of frustration."