Old 11-07-2013, 10:17 AM   #421
shamilian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TiVoMargret View Post
We have started updating TiVo Stream boxes to support out-of-home streaming:
http://www.tivocommunity.com/tivo-vb...d.php?t=510974
Thanks,

Got mine last night,
set-up at home this morning ( via ipad app )
Ran from work this morning, works great.
shamilian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2013, 01:27 PM   #422
Kassidy

Any way to get on the priority list still? still sitting on 20.3.1 and I'd like to stop getting C501 unknown contact unknown. XL4
Kassidy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2013, 01:47 PM   #423
BigJimOutlaw

email margret at tivo.com with your TSN and let her know you didn't get the update yet.
BigJimOutlaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2013, 02:10 PM   #424
Kassidy

Done, thank you very much

Edit: And after I sent the email at 3pm, I have now forced a connection 4:30pm, and a pending restart for software update .
Installing and update

Last edited by Kassidy : 11-07-2013 at 03:39 PM.
Kassidy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2013, 06:17 PM   #425
Bigg

Nothing here as of last night.
Parents: XFinity Motorola AnyRoom DVR
80 HR Series 2 Lifetime 4/11/04 DEAD as of 11/2010
Bigg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2013, 09:19 PM   #426
MHunter1
TiVo Bug Hunter

AVI playback is flawed

I regularly convert home movies and other digital content into the .avi format then transfer the files to my TiVo Premiere 4/XL4/Elite. After receiving the v20.3.7 update, the video now jitters vertically when playing these .avi files at normal speed or slow-motion. The jittery playback is temporarily resolved by pressing fast-forward, rewind, replay, or skip, but returns after the program is paused or resumed at a later time.

Has anyone else had playback issues with personal videos after transferring them to a Premiere with v20.3.7?

Edit: I seem to have corrected the jittering by changing the TiVo's video output format to 1080i even though my TV doesn't support that resolution. There was no jittering at 480i on v20.3.1.

Last edited by MHunter1 : 11-16-2013 at 11:21 PM. Reason: Added YouTube clip, changed video resolution
MHunter1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2013, 09:38 PM   #427
JWhites

I still want to know when the truncated program description is going to be fixed. I got an email from tier 2 tech support the other day asking me to contact them for more troubleshooting steps but when I called up I spoke to a tier 1 agent who insisted that this truncation issue was "by design" which we all know is total B.S. since it's only affecting some customers and not all of them, and that it was corrected in the Roamio.
JWhites is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2013, 03:29 PM   #428
JoeKustra
Cable only

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigg View Post
Nothing here as of last night.
Something to ponder. I just installed a new Premiere. After activation I forced a connection and the old (existing) software was loaded. I find it strange that TiVo is still sending old software to new units.

I am not on any priority list and am in no hurry for the update. It's much more fun reading this thread on the new "features & fixes".
JoeKustra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2013, 05:51 PM   #429
lessd

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeKustra View Post
Something to ponder. I just installed a new Premiere. After activation I forced a connection and the old (existing) software was loaded. I find it strange that TiVo is still sending old software to new units.

I am not on any priority list and am in no hurry for the update. It's much more fun reading this thread on the new "features & fixes".
We call that the big switch when TiVo changes all the remaining (new or existing) TiVos to the newest software, that takes about a month or two as TiVo wants to find out if the new software has any big problems before the full release into the wild.

Old 11-08-2013, 06:48 PM   #430
steve614
what ru lookin at?

Yeah, all of you who signed up for the priority list are just tier 2 beta testers.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

F*CK CANCER!
steve614 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2013, 07:04 PM   #431
NorthAlabama
tabasco rules

Quote:
Originally Posted by steve614 View Post
Yeah, all of you who signed up for the priority list are just tier 2 beta testers.
a fact i unfortunately discovered very quickly about a year ago. that's why i lurked in this thread a couple of weeks before signing up for the priority update this time around.

The truth will set you free. But not until it is finished with you. - David Foster Wallace
NorthAlabama is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2013, 09:32 PM   #432
nooneuknow
TiVo User Since 2007

Half the update for the Premieres they just started rolling out is twice the ads, them being in more menus, as well as the large and opaque pause screen ads that Roamio buyers have been complaining about, now also on Premieres. They could have at least put the "explore this program" option back on the pause screen, since they had to make the changes to put in the intrusive/obstructive ads there...

I vow to never purchase any product that I see in their ads, nor will I use any program advertisement as the link to make a Season Pass (I'll do it manually). I wonder if a petition representing people willing to do the same, with enough people behind it might make them reconsider us having to see the same ad up to 3x on one menu, and nearly every time we hit pause. Heck, I'll even make it a point to boycott buying ANY product or service from any company that the ads are for...

It's too soon for me to be sure exactly what the update actually fixed, and what it may have broken...

I'll be back after I'm certain what's what, and if it is related to the update.

Anybody else get that chill, and recall that other than the recent 11.0m patch for S3&HD models, one of the last things TiVo did with those was adding an extra ad at the bottom of TiVo Central, before updates for those units ceased?

Edit/Add: For those who *just got the update*, please give your updated units at least 3-4 days, before you ask "What ads?" or say "I don't see the pause ad" or "The pause ad only comes up every now and then". It takes a few days for the ads to infiltrate. Enjoy the 3-4 days of not having to see them. They WILL come.

They also used to have the end-of-program menu w/ad be transparent, so you could at least see the last frame of your program, which sometimes is important, if your recording happens to stop at a critical, last moment, scene. Now you can't see that last frame...

Edit/Add #2: I'm at that point, where if TiVo finds *one* more place to force ads upon me, I'm going to jump ship. If we don't give TiVo the message "ENOUGH ALREADY!!!!", we could see overlaid ads while fast forwarding through a program segment, and/or while skipping/scanning through commercials. If they go that far, they won't have as much appeal over some of the newer MSO leased equipment, which has On-Demand, and TiVo does not. Some of the newer MSO equipment is actually quite nice, if you don't mind the leasing cost, and that you can't increase the storage capacity (which the latter Cox has pretty much matched TiVo on, with the new Contour 6 tuner whole-home DVR system). Plus, when there's any trouble, there would be no more passing the blame to non-MSO equipment... The hard drive dies, the power supply blows, you drop it on the floor, and you get another one, delivered, at no additional cost to you... With TiVo, even though they have signal strength overload protection, it isn't meant as a long-term solution to a strong signal. TiVo's warranty DOES NOT cover "damage caused by excessive signal strength". MSO equipment can take that same TiVo tuner toasting signal and live happily ever after with it. Why am I going on about this? Well, TiVo has been overly sensitive to strong signal strength and high SNR for how many generations now? They've set their target "SNR" which they calculate differently than the rest of the equipment in existence does for how many generations now? At least they added a "%" at the end of the signal strength reading on the DVR Diags screen, finally. How long until they clarify why and how they measure SNR the way they do, or get with the standards? I'm sick of being looked at like I'm an idiot, when I tell the Cox techs, that the SNR is too high for my TiVos. If I were in their place, and didn't know TiVo so well, I'd think the person in front of me was an idiot as well. /end rant

Last edited by nooneuknow : 11-08-2013 at 10:50 PM.
nooneuknow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2013, 10:36 PM   #433
b_scott
TiVo Fan

There are Bounty ads EVERYWHERE. WTF TIVO?
b_scott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2013, 10:55 PM   #434
nooneuknow
TiVo User Since 2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by b_scott View Post
There are Bounty ads EVERYWHERE. WTF TIVO?
Give it a week, and it will be back to Carbonite ads EVERYWHERE.

It's getting to be like Hulu Plus with the same Capitol One ad for every sponsored commercial/ad, except it's a panel/menu/pause/end-of-program ad, for the same thing, everywhere.
Old 11-09-2013, 01:14 AM   #435
mrsean

20.3.7.1a has got to be the most boring Premiere update ever. I wouldn't even notice any change if it weren't for all the ads.

Retired: DirecTiVo, Series 2 DT, TiVo HD, Premiere, Premiere 4, TiVo Stream
mrsean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2013, 06:59 AM   #436
Bierboy
Seasoned gas passer

Well, add one glitch to the update for me -- just experienced audio stuttering for the first time EVER with my one year old premiere....
Bierboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2013, 08:57 AM   #437
HazelW

Smile

So this thread has half the people complaining they did not get the update yet, and the other half complaining they got it and don't like it for some reason.
HazelW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2013, 09:32 AM   #438
cherry ghost

Can someone who uses the "List" button on a programmable remote test this?

Since the update, when I go from live TV to My Shows using the List button, I get thrown to the top of the My Shows list regardless of where it had been previously. Also, the bottom of the My Shows list is the HD folder. There's nothing below it; Deleted folder, video providers, computer, pyTivo shares, Premiere in other room. If I go from live TV to My Shows by pressing the TiVo button twice, everything is there. This occurs on both my Premieres after both were updated.
cherry ghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2013, 10:39 AM   #439
NorthAlabama
tabasco rules

found another bug - using the grid guide to modify recordings in the future, the guide loses it's place, and exits to the current date and time instead of the date and time you started.

i usually only modify recordings this way if there are conflicts, but now if i do, it's a real pain.

The truth will set you free. But not until it is finished with you. - David Foster Wallace
NorthAlabama is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2013, 02:13 PM   #440
mrsean

I have tested this and I can reproduce the exact same results. This is definitely 1 or 2 bugs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherry ghost View Post
Can someone who uses the "List" button on a programmable remote test this?

Since the update, when I go from live TV to My Shows using the List button, I get thrown to the top of the My Shows list regardless of where it had been previously. Also, the bottom of the My Shows list is the HD folder. There's nothing below it; Deleted folder, video providers, computer, pyTivo shares, Premiere in other room. If I go from live TV to My Shows by pressing the TiVo button twice, everything is there. This occurs on both my Premieres after both were updated.

Retired: DirecTiVo, Series 2 DT, TiVo HD, Premiere, Premiere 4, TiVo Stream
mrsean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2013, 02:48 PM   #441
cherry ghost

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsean View Post
I have tested this and I can reproduce the exact same results. This is definitely 1 or 2 bugs.

Thanks
Old 11-09-2013, 05:06 PM   #442
Bierboy
Seasoned gas passer

Quote:
Thanks
I tested it with my Harmony One remote and it did NOT happen. It remembered exactly where I previously was in the My Shows list....

I would not classify it as a bug simply because it doesn't happen with TiVo's remote and doesn't happen with all programmable remotes.
Old 11-09-2013, 05:15 PM   #443
cherry ghost

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bierboy View Post
I tested it with my Harmony One remote and it did NOT happen. It remembered exactly where I previously was in the My Shows list....

I would not classify it as a bug simply because it doesn't happen with TiVo's remote and doesn't happen with all programmable remotes.
Mine's also a Harmony One. There are times when it doesn't happen, but the majority of the time it does. If I had a TiVo remote with a List button, I'd try it, but I don't.
Old 11-09-2013, 05:20 PM   #444
LouB

Anybody else lose the music services ? All I see is my WHS under Music & Photos....
No Pandora etc.. Mini has them back.....
LouB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2013, 05:44 PM   #445
Bierboy
Seasoned gas passer

Quote:
Mine's also a Harmony One. There are times when it doesn't happen, but the majority of the time it does. If I had a TiVo remote with a List button, I'd try it, but I don't.
There's an easy way around it; program a sequence of TiVo --> Select, and you'll get the full list all the time. It's still never gonna be classified as a bug since it only happens with a programmable remote.
Old 11-09-2013, 06:05 PM   #446
b_scott
TiVo Fan

yeah these ads are annoying. they now pop up in folders. Tivo, STOP IT. you get a monthly subscription from us already.
b_scott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2013, 06:21 PM   #447
nooneuknow
TiVo User Since 2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by HazelW View Post
So this thread has half the people complaining they did not get the update yet, and the other half complaining they got it and don't like it for some reason.
It's deja vu, all over again. Same thing happened with the last update, minus all the people who are mad about the ads, since they didn't add any in the previous software...

Anybody else, using HDMI, direct to TVs, from their TiVos, experiencing eardrum rattling and potentially speaker damaging squelching and popping when changing channels, navigating through menus, or changing between full screen TV and menus with, or without, the video window on?

I preferred a temporary loss of the audio over this scenario, which afflicts all four of my 2-tuner Premieres, no matter what TV is in use. It's not the cables, HDMI ports, or any inline equipment. The Sony TVs sometimes display a warning about "unsupported audio/video format" when in the menus, but nothing has changed, except the TiVo software.

I see TiVo finally greased the many vocal, squeaky wheels, and made the wishlist menus in HD... I'm not surprised to *not* see anybody rejoicing and being happy about it, though...

I'm finding some things that have been fixed, or improved, that are not listed in tivomargret's list of changes, and am thankful for those things. But, I'm finding other issues, which I won't post about, until I'm certain it's due to a TiVo problem, and not some other factor, or equipment.

I'm surprised CoxInPhoenix hasn't been active here. Maybe he doesn't use Premieres anymore. I'm used to him taking the lead in compiling a verified bug and fix list. Maybe he just hasn't got the update, or will be here soon...
Old 11-09-2013, 08:55 PM   #448
lgnad
Pantless Mofo

This has happened 2x now... Extend a recording and you get two copies...

Edit to add: oops, thought it would show inline
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (33.5 KB, 72 views)
-Mini
-Stream
-Comcast/TiVo Mutant dvrs - RIP
-2x Upgraded Series 2 - Retired
lgnad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2013, 09:02 PM   #449
nooneuknow
TiVo User Since 2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by lgnad View Post
This has happened 2x now... Extend a recording and you get two copies...

Edit to add: oops, thought it would show inline
If a new thread surfaces about people receiving an unexpected trinket in the mail, with a TiVo logo on it, everybody who says they got it would be the people who were supposed to test this release...

So, if history repeats itself, we'll know who to put in front of a firing squad (just kidding on the latter).
Old 11-10-2013, 08:39 AM   #450
JoeKustra
Cable only

Quote:
Originally Posted by nooneuknow View Post
It's deja vu, all over again. Same thing happened with the last update, minus all the people who are mad about the ads, since they didn't add any in the previous software...

Anybody else, using HDMI, direct to TVs, from their TiVos, experiencing eardrum rattling and potentially speaker damaging squelching and popping when changing channels, navigating through menus, or changing between full screen TV and menus with, or without, the video window on?
No loss of audio or noise when changing channels either with the guide or by using ch +- at any time. Output is fixed 1080i. Both televisions are 1080p. Dolby is enabled. One Premiere feeds an AVR (in pass-through mode), one is direct to TV.

Momentary loss of audio when entering or leaving any menu from or to live TV. No loss between menu to menu. No change with or without display window.
JoeKustra is offline   Reply With Quote