TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Premiere DVRs
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 11-05-2013, 11:50 AM   #391
atmuscarella

Quote:
Originally Posted by marinrain View Post
Can't see Margaret's email without 10 posts --- and tried Support at Tivo and my reply said the update was not yet available??!!
Her Email address is: margret@tivo.com or margret(at)tivo(dot)com

What info are you looking for maybe someone here can give you an answer.
R.I.P. - 08/06 - TiVo
05/08 - TiVo HD
06/08 - Panasonic 50PZ800U 50" Plazma!!
03/10 - Series 3
11/10 - Premiere
09/13 - Roamio
atmuscarella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2013, 12:33 PM   #392
marinrain

thank you, I had signed up for Premiere update but haven't received....
marinrain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2013, 01:54 PM   #393
johnmsch

Quote:
Originally Posted by atmuscarella View Post
I feel your pain. They removed "Browse Web Videos" on the Roamios from the start. You can go to TiVo's web site and still "browse", at least when the site is working, that is how I setup all my podcasts on my Roamio.
https://www.tivo.com/tivo-tco/go.do?...webvideos.page
Thanks for the link. At least we can browse them on that page, but still wondering why they took that functionality away from us? It was really convenient browsing the list from the TiVo.
johnmsch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2013, 02:14 PM   #394
aaronwt
HD Addict

So is there anythng I can do to get the update? i signed up on the priority page on the first or second day the page was up. But i still have not received the update on my two tuner Premiere. At least as of last night.

It hasn't been a top priority for me though since I typically use that TiVo to bring cshows with me to my GFs house. But I have been checking the box every day to see if it got the update.
39TB unRAID1--53TB unRAID2--36TB unRAID3
XBL/PSN: WormholeXtreme
aaronwt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2013, 02:16 PM   #395
xander777

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaronwt View Post
So is there anythng I can do to get the update? i signed up on the priority page on the first or second day the page was up. But i still have not received the update on my two tuner Premiere. At least as of last night.
Do what the rest of us have done and send an email to margret@tivo.com with your TSN(s).
xander777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2013, 02:37 PM   #396
Doit2it

Quote:
Originally Posted by xander777 View Post
That's the date you are paid up till.
Mine's different today. I just never noticed it changed so much. So does it just keeps jumping forward month by month if you have Lifetime?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Tivo XL4 w/LT :: TiVo HD w/LT & 2TB :: LG 47" & 42" HDTVs
Tivo HD w/LT - Mom :: Series 2 80 - Boxed :: Series 2 40 - Boxed
Doit2it is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2013, 02:56 PM   #397
MeInDallas

My suggestions were doing really well, and now I noticed today its went down to just 2 pages where theres normally about 3 and a half, and they seem to be slowing down a bit. I rebooted the box to see if that helps any. Other than that, my other issues were not fixed. Still getting some errors now and then when trying to tune channels.
MeInDallas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2013, 03:37 PM   #398
Loach

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaronwt View Post

It hasn't been a top priority for me though since I typically use that TiVo to bring cshows with me to my GFs house. But I have been checking the box every day to see if it got the update.
I was in the same boat and I emailed Margret yesterday morning. Then I forced a connection last night and it downloaded the update. Looks like they're getting right on the email requests that they receive.
Loach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2013, 03:44 PM   #399
Bierboy
Seasoned gas passer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loach View Post
...Looks like they're getting right on the email requests that they receive.
Shouldn't have EVER come to that....
Bierboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2013, 03:49 PM   #400
Loach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bierboy View Post
I don't disagree. The priority list should have worked, but I'm glad they're helping those of us who got lost in the black hole, even if it is on a clunky case by case basis.
Loach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2013, 11:22 PM   #401
randyb359

Quote:
it shouldn't but everybody makes mistakes.
randyb359 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2013, 07:05 AM   #402
chiguy50

Quote:
Originally Posted by randyb359 View Post
No, you're wrong. Some of us are perfcet!!
chiguy50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2013, 07:55 AM   #403
tatergator1

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiguy50 View Post
No, you're wrong. Some of us are perfcet!!
Keep telling your self that
tatergator1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2013, 08:28 AM   #404
jrtroo
User

I *think* that was chiguy50's opint.
Old 11-06-2013, 08:29 AM   #405
dadrepus

I just looked at this thread today and signed up now. I know I should be paying more attention to this but the last time I checked I saw Premieres were NOT getting the update and I was so depressed I just didn't bother to come back until I read it on Engadget. How long should it take and what should be the differences so I may tell when it occurs?
dadrepus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2013, 09:12 AM   #406
Bierboy
Seasoned gas passer

Quote:
Originally Posted by randyb359 View Post
...not usually affecting 1,000 people....
Old 11-06-2013, 11:00 AM   #407
beejay

Quote:
The only way this makes any sense is if some lowly intern is assigned the task of taking the new entries that appear in the "priority" list and manually updating some other system. So when s/he missed 1000 of them, they were going to stay missed until someone checked his work. Of course, they missed many more than 1000 since so many have to send margret a special e-mail to get the update.

If the systems were at all integrated it would seem possible to re-run the "flip the switch" program to update the "distribution" system from the "priority" list.
S2DT - 186 hours

"For some people, even 10 TiVo DVRs is not overkill."
TiVoOpsMgr
Director, Svc. Ops

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
beejay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2013, 12:50 PM   #408
bradleys
It'll be fine....

Quote:
Ehhh... The only problem is that people were not getting an update early - not that their units wouldn't get the update at all.
TiVo Premier (2 TB Upgrade)
TiVo Roamio Plus
TiVo Mini
iPad TiVo app
TiVo Stream (Sold)
Personal Video Share powered by PyTiVo
bradleys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2013, 12:58 PM   #409
JoeKustra
Cable only

Quote:
Originally Posted by dadrepus View Post
I just looked at this thread today and signed up now. I know I should be paying more attention to this but the last time I checked I saw Premieres were NOT getting the update and I was so depressed I just didn't bother to come back until I read it on Engadget. How long should it take and what should be the differences so I may tell when it occurs?
I gather your ads are larger when you hit Pause during playback. That should be a clue.
JoeKustra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2013, 01:11 PM   #410
Bierboy
Seasoned gas passer

I'm still not bothered by the "larger" ads....they don't happen all the time, and, as a matter of fact, not much at all.
Old 11-06-2013, 03:12 PM   #411
weaver

At least during replay, I will get occasional occurrences of a quick repeat of material, i.e. a second or less will repeat itself during play. I will have to see if it is also happening while watching "live."

This started when I got the update.
weaver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2013, 03:21 PM   #412
beejay

I got the update last night. I had signed up for the priority list within a day of it being opened. I did NOT send anyone my TSN saying I didn't get it when the rest of you did.
S2DT - 186 hours

"For some people, even 10 TiVo DVRs is not overkill."
TiVoOpsMgr
Director, Svc. Ops

beejay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2013, 05:44 PM   #413
steve614
what ru lookin at?

Enough time has passed for the general roll out to start happening.
Maybe you just happened to be first on the gen pop list.

F*CK CANCER!
steve614 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2013, 08:27 PM   #414
SCSIRAID

Found a bug in the new software. I have a season pass for 'The Voice'. Since it now is live, I went into the ToDo List and selected an episode and modified it to end 5 minutes late. Instead of the item in the ToDo list simply extending its scheduled time, my Premiere XL4 created a NEW/Duplicate entry with no title that added the 5 minutes. This resulted in two copies of the show with one that looks normal that was not extended plus a second copy with no title that is 5 minutes longer.... Its 100% repeatable.
SCSIRAID is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2013, 08:31 PM   #415
NorthAlabama
tabasco rules

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCSIRAID View Post
Found a bug in the new software. I have a season pass for 'The Voice'. Since it now is live, I went into the ToDo List and selected an episode and modified it to end 5 minutes late. Instead of the item in the ToDo list simply extending its scheduled time, my Premiere XL4 created a NEW/Duplicate entry with no title that added the 5 minutes. This resulted in two copies of the show with one that looks normal that was not extended plus a second copy with no title that is 5 minutes longer.... Its 100% repeatable.
yes, this has happened to me once, exactly as you described. the padded sp recording was listed below the unpadded recording in my shows with "rec:" before the title.

The truth will set you free. But not until it is finished with you. - David Foster Wallace
NorthAlabama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2013, 08:31 PM   #416
Rob Helmerichs
I am Groot!

Quote:
The same thing happened to me, only it was for something that was airing later in the evening (which was going to be delayed because of a sports overrun).
Old 11-06-2013, 09:42 PM   #417
bbrown9

Quote:
I don't have the update yet, but I saw that happen on my Roamio after the most recent Roamio update.
bbrown9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2013, 10:40 PM   #418
TiVoMargret
VP of Design, TiVo

We've begun updating TiVo Stream boxes to support out-of-home streaming

Quote:
Originally Posted by TiVoMargret View Post
Later today we will begin releasing the Fall Update (20.3.7.1a) to TiVo Premiere boxes.

Here are some of the changes:
- support for out-of-home streaming through a Roamio Plus/Pro in the home (and eventually TiVo Stream, when that update is released next month)
We have started updating TiVo Stream boxes to support out-of-home streaming:
http://www.tivocommunity.com/tivo-vb...d.php?t=510974
TiVo Inc. *

TiVoMargret is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2013, 12:56 AM   #419
drweb
TiVo User & Lover

Smile can't get fall update 2013

i've tried connecting 3 or 4 times to the service, no go. Still stuck with 2.1.3 it seems. I'm on the priority list. Any other way to force a download and update?

Best,
DrWeb

San Diego, CA
drweb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2013, 08:22 AM   #420
ADG
Allan

Quote:
Originally Posted by drweb View Post
i've tried connecting 3 or 4 times to the service, no go. Still stuck with 2.1.3 it seems. I'm on the priority list. Any other way to force a download and update?

Best,
DrWeb
What is the big deal? We'll get it when we get it. It's a matter of days or weeks, not years.

ADG is offline   Reply With Quote