TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Premiere DVRs
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 01-25-2014, 08:11 PM   #1
mkinn

Off-Air + CableCard setup possible?

Does the Premiere allow OTA channels while using the CableCard and if so how? It has 2 coax connectors on back, one for each. It says channel scanning is not possible with my present setup.
mkinn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2014, 08:32 PM   #2
tatergator1

Yes, it's absolutely possible. You have to re-do Guided Setup and choose both Cable and OTA. To redo Guided setup, go to Settings -> Channels -> Channel List -> press the enter button.
tatergator1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2014, 04:25 PM   #3
jim7707

I'm thinking of doing the same with my Premier XL. If I do this, would I lose all of the cable setup info? In other words, would I have call the cable company again and go through the complete setup of the box and tuning adapter like when I first setup the box? I wouldn't mind having to go through the channel setup again but don't want to have to set the whole box up from scratch as it was a rather painful process the first time around.
jim7707 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2014, 05:32 PM   #4
BigJimOutlaw

Quote:
Originally Posted by jim7707 View Post
I'm thinking of doing the same with my Premier XL. If I do this, would I lose all of the cable setup info? In other words, would I have call the cable company again and go through the complete setup of the box and tuning adapter like when I first setup the box? I wouldn't mind having to go through the channel setup again but don't want to have to set the whole box up from scratch as it was a rather painful process the first time around.
Won't be necessary by just redoing Guided Setup. The card will still be paired.
BigJimOutlaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2014, 06:01 PM   #5
jim7707

Thanks Jim.
jim7707 is offline   Reply With Quote